CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

Well, I just got mine today - no Mr. Gold, of course, but since I wasn't expecting one, I wasn't disappointed.

I have to say, I gave this series a low rating. I don't get how so many rated this as the best series yet, actually beating out all others, in the review thread. I have to admit, after seeing them up close, in my own hands, able to see the details, it's actually really well done, but I still find the figures themselves to not be a great selection. That's all personal opinion, of course.

I'm really disappointed at the distribution, though. I know most of us seem to feel the same way... I saw Aanchir's post about why, but it still sucks, and even if they really needed to create a distribution they could evenly divide by two, have six of some and two of others is pretty crappy.

Whilst the distribution is not that great for some figures, within my first three picks in a basically fresh box I pulled out two somewhat scarce Sea Captains. In most other respects, especially with the amount of quality army builders, I'm really enjoying Series 10.

Whilst the distribution is not that great for some figures, within my first three picks in a basically fresh box I pulled out two somewhat scarce Sea Captains. In most other respects, especially with the amount of quality army builders, I'm really enjoying Series 10.

On my first random picks out of a display box I managed to snag 3 medusas, so the display must have been from a box of more than 60 since there should only be 2.

I don't love the distribution either for some of the figures, but for others (the revolutionary soldier, roman, warrior woman) I was pleased with how many I found. Granted the more I look at the Roman, I will probably take some back, but I still love the Revolutionary soldier more and more each day. I put my old red epaulets and shakos on him and instantly fell in love :wub: . So many nostalgic memories of bluecoats rushing back to me.

But it was frustrating trying to find multiple Bumblebee girls and Medusas. Thankfully Medusa's packaging was bulky, but still the scarcity made it hard to find.

In the end, I found everything I wanted, so it worked out. But that distribution does make it difficult in the long run. I don't need to army build the motorcycle mechanic, so why is he around in large quantities?

To jump back on the bandwagon, the fact is, if they're really going to require a distribution that works out the same for two boxes of 30 as it does for one of sixty, the fact is that for six figures they gave us only two; and for four figures they gave us six.

You could still keep an even distribution while reducing those sixes to fours and bumping up four of the twos to four. A lot of numbers there, but I hope it makes sense.

IOW, even with the excuse that they can't give us three full sets, the distribution still sucks.

That makes perfect sense. You still get some army builders and you make the other figures more easily attainable. Having 6 figures two per box, really limits the chance to get some of them, especially when you want multiples of them. Who wants to army build a mechanic or skydiver? I'd rather army build bumblebees, which is very next to impossible.

But LEGO has their marketing strategies. There is a reason they included the Toy Soldier with the book, when plenty of people would love to army build that figure.

Who wants to army build a mechanic or skydiver?

I don't know, i kinda inadvertently ended up with a few of the mechanics and I'm thinking "biker gang."

Edited by DrLegostar

Is this a normal civililan version of Mr. Gold? I used the Businessman's torso, black legs, and the Conquistador's head plus top hat.

I'm REALLY late...but I finally bought my first twelve series 10 packs, completing half of it already.

In details:

img1932az.jpg

+ three more romans and another captain.

Not a bad beginning at all, I'd say! :laugh:

I'm particularly keen on getting several of the painter/decorator minifig as he would be really great to use on some of the WIP areas of my layout; - especially in those places where I've had to temporarily substitute colours due to being short of the right coloured bricks.

Got a box of 60 figures and i am not too happy about the distribution either, especially since no store here has the 30 box. There must be some better ways of distributing them.

Hoping to trade some of the extras for older series figures i dont have.

If not my aunts children will probably like some.

Got a box of 60 figures and i am not too happy about the distribution either, especially since no store here has the 30 box. There must be some better ways of distributing them..

Yes, I wonder too where these mystical 30 boxes are.

Has anyone seen them?

I have to say, I gave this series a low rating. I don't get how so many rated this as the best series yet, actually beating out all others, in the review thread. I have to admit, after seeing them up close, in my own hands, able to see the details, it's actually really well done, but I still find the figures themselves to not be a great selection. That's all personal opinion, of course.

This is my favorite series yet.

Let me count the ways:

There have been 4 great historical army builders up to this point (Spartan, Roman Legionnaire, Musketeer and Aztec Warrior.) There have been 3 good historical army builders that are upgraded versions of existing figures (Samurai, Viking and Conquistador) and then multiple other historical figures that I don't consider good army builders even though some them are pretty cool (Gladiator, Highlander, deep Sea Diver.) Series 10 has 3 more great army builders in the Revolutionary Soldier, the Tomahawk Warrior and the Roman Commander. IMO this series almost doubles the number of great historical army builders.

There have been two amazing fantasy figures (Elf & Dwarf), 8 great fantasy figures (Minotaur, Cyclops, Genie, Merman, Forest Maiden, Bat, Valkyrie and Evil Knight) and then assorted lesser fantasy figures IMO (Good knight, Witch, etc.) Series 10 adds 2 more great figures with Amazon Warrior and Medusa.

Series 10 adds another costumed character with the bee girl.

Series 10 has arguably the best sports army builder with the new baseball player. (I don't build City MOCs, so the quality of City figs in general will not hold much sway in my opinion of a set)

The 1 thing Series 10 is lacking is futuristic characters, no space Marines, Aliens, Robos, Zombies, etc.

Series 10 also has a number of useful pieces, the seagull being the best accessory to date IMO.

All in all, Series 10 has 6 great army builders, a costume character and a number of brand new pieces making it the best series to date IMO.

Has anyone seen them?

Well, Pixmania.com - which is an international site - has them, but not for all countries. Here's a link to the page where they're sold for the Norwegian market, and I'm sure they're available elsewhere as well, but I tried Italy and couldn't find them. Strange.

Picked up Medusa and the Revolutionary Soldier yesterday, because I know they're sought-after. Not really figures I was interested in, but now that I have them, they're way much higher up on my favoritism scale than before, especially Medusa. I was also surprised that the Soldier's hair was a hard plastic. Quite a nice surprise.

Has anyone seen them?

In fact these "mystical" 30 boxes have become more or less the new standard boxes, at least in austria and south germany.

You will see more shops here which only have the 30 boxes than the "normal" 60 boxes.

Yup! Just added tomahawk warrior, decorator, mechanic and grandpa (among twelve more packs) to my series 10 collection.

Four to go now, not five since I don't have high expectations of finding Mr Gold.

Edited by Lucanik-san

I don't think I've given my thoughts for this series, so I will right now. I still only have half of the series, but I'm getting close, and I will finish by July.

Librarian- A pretty good figure, still need this one. Pretty well executed, but it doesn't appeal to me like the others do.

Medusa- Excellent. I bought this without any interest, I only wanted it because it was rare and sought-after. However, I can't believe that I didn't like it. Easily Top 5.

Roman Commander- Eh. I don't like seeing too many warriors in a series, that for me marks the series down. This is the better warrior in the series, but I don't like it as much as some of the others.

Warrior Woman- Useful parts, but I really don't like much else.

Tomahawk Warrior- I HATE those legs. I think this figure was pretty sloppy, and I'm not that fond of it.

Skydiver- I like this figure fir it's simplicity, Occasionally, figures get too much attention and end up looking poor. This one is definitely a refreshing case of simplicity, and it's a cute figure, too.

Bumblebee Girl- I would say this is my 3rd favorite animal suit character. It's stripes really bug me, and I fond the wings more distracting than the Fairy's were.

Grandpa- My favorite, I love everything about this figure. The bald cap wasn't as distracting I was worried about.

Paintball Player- Pretty mediocre compared to the others.

Sea Captain- I really like this figure. The seagull is amazing, and so is the cap. The details make this an all-around great figure.

Sad Clown- I literally forgot about this figure. Enough said.

Revolutionary Soldier- I loved this figure so much more when I first got him, I was actually completely uninterested at first, but I love him now.

Baseball Fielder- Another more mediocre figure, a more middle-type figure.

Trendsetter- Another one I love. I love the hair, and everything. The only thing I'm not a huge fan if is the awkwardly designed face.

Decorator- I like this figure as well. This figure is exactly how I expected a painter to look, and it looks great.

Motorcycle Mechanic- Ew.

Yay, three more (bumblebee girl - trivia: she was in the very last pack remaining to the store, the exposition one - , skydiver and trendsetter) in the ten packs of this morning!

I only need that damn warrior woman now, FFFFUUUU!

Edited by Lucanik-san

I love history and mythology so the Revolutionary soldier, Roman Commander and Medusa are all on my needed list. I'll probably just BL them so I don't pull a skydiver or grandpa, etc.

Edited by Gremer

Went to a local Target tonight. About 50% out of the 30-40 packs I found and felt were Bikers and Skydivers. But I felt a few of the ones I didn't have. I didn't get them. I couldn't.

-Sci