CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

Top: Medusa, without a doubt.

2nd: Roman Commander

3rd: Old guy, entirely because he's a dead ringer for my pharmacy law professor.

This is my favourite serie.

It's hard to make a top three for me, because I can find a use for them all.

1. Granddad because of the bald head.

2. The nerd girl because I would be able to make I sig fig out of her :blush:

3. Trendsetter and sea captain shares the third place - they share this because of their animals.

My personal favorites would have to be Medusa, the Warrior Woman, and the Centurion.

Series 4 appeared in Hungary on 1st April, days after they did in western countries. Series 7 hit the stores in April as well.

(and the present is the 1st case they appeared in Hungary first).

Yes, but the official TLG release was May. The United States got Series 4 in April as well, but TLG intended them to have a May release.This does not mean, however, that they won't be released during the last week of April or so. In the United States, we got Series 9 at LEGO Stores the last week or two of December, but they sold out very, very quickly where I live. And when I asked a LEGO Store Associate, they said that they would be back in December, when they are officially due, so they have a release schedule, but sometimes it is natural for them to get put out a week or so early at some LEGO stores. I doubt they will be in the United States for Easter, because it is this upcoming Sunday, but I can't say for sure. Regardless, though many stores leak them early, The LEGO store has a schedule for them, and they typically don't stray too far off of that schedule. Besides, the LEGO Store is probably a cheaper place to get them (Targets and Fred Meyers and such usually take a long time to get them), so I wouldn't mind waiting unless they still haven't came in mid-May. But let's stop arguing about it. :classic:

Anyways, my top three would probably be

1. Decorator

2. Skydiver

3. Trendsetter.

Edited by TrumpetKing

My ultimate favourite would be Medusa, can't wait to grab a few of this figure. I read somewhere that it is quite rare probably due to it's size (easy feel) and uniqueness, thus would probably sold out quickly and increase in price later on.

Second place is the roman soldiers, and third is a tie between the sad clown and revolutionary soldier. The sad clown is an interesting fig, but not an army builder fig.

My least favourites are the mechanic and the warrior woman. Each fig is unique in each own's way and I will probably end up buying all of them to complete the set and maybe a couple more of my favourite figures.

Can't wait for them to be released in Australia. We got series 9 in store on the 3rd of January, thus can't be far away from the official date. I do hope that they turn up in store around April.

My top 3, in no particular order: centurion, bluecoat, sea captain.

I wonder whether we will have to wait until some wider release date for bios to appear on the LEGO site. What do you guys think?

I hope that LEGO doesn't play a mean joke on April Fool's and bump the release date back a day, as opposed to it coming out on the 1st.

After seeing all the pictures, I must say I am still most excited about the baseball player. The glove piece has me chomping at the bit to add it to my collection!

After seeing all the pictures, I must say I am still most excited about the baseball player. The glove piece has me chomping at the bit to add it to my collection!

Gee, I would've never guessed that you would liked the Baseball Fielder. :sarcasm: (Profile pic giveaway)

Since Yooha and started the ball rolling with our least favs, feel free to join in! (I also like to hear reasons why instead of just, "Least fav= Bee Girl".

Edited by 8BrickMario

You know, I just noticed something about the "bright blonde" hair colors. The Lifeguard and the new Hermione's hair in that color is more yellow. However, the Hollywood Starlet, Intergalactic Girl, and Harleen Quinzel have a slightly bleached and toned-down yellow, almost as if LEGO changed it after a while. In that, the Trendsetter's hair looks of the more bleached yellow, following (instead of starting) that trend. Interesting...

By the way don't get me started on the CMF Mermaid's bizarre hair shade.

Edited by 8BrickMario

You know, I just noticed something about the "bright blonde" hair colors. The Lifeguard and the new Hermione's hair in that color is more yellow. However, the Hollywood Starlet, Intergalactic Girl, and Harleen Quinzel have a slightly bleached and toned-down yellow, almost as if LEGO changed it after a while. In that, the Trendsetter's hair looks of the more bleached yellow, following (instead of starting) that trend. Interesting...

The bleached blonde look would be appropriate for a character such as her.

I know that it's appropriate, but it's interesting that LEGO changed the color and doesn't use the yellowy blonde as much now.

I'm posting too much without waiting for responses! I should just take a break and shut up for a bit.....

Edited by 8BrickMario

As for the blonde, I'm not sure that they changed the color, but it is strange that they are both intended to be "Cool Yellow". Both Hogwarts Express (2010 variant) and CMF 1 wwere released in the same year, and Luna Lovegood's hair is a different shade than the CMF Cheerleader's hair. Another thing worth note is that the Mermaid and Hollywood Starlet's hairs are both intended to be Cool Yellow, but the Hollywood Starlet's hair appears to be more along the lines of the Cheerleader, while the Mermaid's is more along the lines of Luna Lovegood's...

I hope that LEGO doesn't play a mean joke on April Fool's and bump the release date back a day, as opposed to it coming out on the 1st.

So you hope they don't say it will come out March 31st instead of April 1st? I doubt that would be believable, especially since the official release is May, but it is likely that other retailers will have them in late April, as it has bee=n stated several times before. TLG never said that it would be released April 1st. TLG has a pattern and schedule, and May will be TLG's official release of CMF 10. Besides, March 31st is Easter. I don't think they would play a trick on us on a holiday.... I don't know if they have before, though. Plus there wouldn't be enough time to get some for our Easter Baskets as a "surprise" for the morning. :cry_sad:

I meant April 2nd. Sorry if it was unclear. I had heard from people at the LEGO store that they would be released at the beginning of April. Maybe it changed. It would certainly allow the Minifigures to appear in the May-June magazine, which makes more sense. I hope not, though, since other countries already have them!

The Mermaid's hair is not any of those colors. It is a completely different weird shade, which is even visible in comparison to the Starlet on the S9 pamphlet.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Weird. My Mermaid has a hair that is a similar color to Luna's. In the picture it looks like the Trendsetter has hair that is more similar in color to the Mermaid, but in the real-life photo, it seems more similar to the Hollywood Starlet's.

I examined the CM6 space girl, and CM9 mermaid and hollywood starlet, but I don't see any difference between the shades of their hair.

My three favourites are:

1. Medusa - have been waiting for a Gorgon for years. I'll have to give her a long bow and quiver in keeping with her serpentine tail. Was watching the original Clash of the Titans again on telly just the other day. The medusa scene is a classic!

2. Amazon - can anyone say Xena Warrior Princess?

3. Mohican - for parts

My least favourites are the painter and mechanic. As a collector of mostly fantasy/LotR/medieval minifigs, these aren't even useful for parts. The baseball player's and colonial's heads will at least come in handy.

All Cool Yellow (Bricklink's Bright Light Yellow) CMF hair pieces presumably have the same target color, since the name and number for the color have not changed. But I wouldn't be surprised if the issue was random variance.

Alternatively, perhaps the Chinese manufacturing plant where the CMFs are produced switched their dye supplier at some point? I'm not sure how likely that is, but since the more extreme variations in regular Bright Yellow (Bricklink's Yellow) have been explained as a consequence of different dye suppliers, a similar factor could be involved here (but with the dye supplier varying by time of production rather than geographically).

Luna Lovegood and other non-Chinese-made figures would naturally have a different dye supplier, and as such, differences in their hair colors is a little bit less surprising than differences within the CMF line.

You're right, I checked again and the Mermaid and Luna's hair are the same shade. It just looked odd to me since the bleached blonde color is now used a lot. I don't care what LEGO says, they are NOT the same Cool Yellow.

Any explanations for the release date confusion?

Edited by 8BrickMario

If it goes on like this my army will turn into a female army!

Nice to see the chrome gold shield of the warrior woman. I still wish it was a bit more complex. It will be nice on air mounted warriors obviously.

10 warrior women and a medusa for the hairpiece will do it. I hope distribution will be more than 2 per box.

I still remember when the spear elaborate was a rare thing, now its everywhere.

The warrior woman will be less easy to feel (this sounds so weird, but you know what i mean) than the forest lady-

You're right, I checked again and the Mermaid and Luna's hair are the same shade. It just looked odd to me since the bleached blonde color is now used a lot. I don't care whs LEGO says, they are NOT the same Cool Yellow.

Any explanations for the release date confusion?

Yes, they are the same Cool Yellow. If they are different, it is not intentional, since a color keeping the same name and number means the TARGET color (i.e. the color that the actual color is supposed to be within a certain predefined margin of) has stayed the same. And unless TLG has been knowingly putting out parts that don't meet their own quality specifications, then chances are the color is still within that margin, even if there is a perceivable difference.

Colors do get reformulated occasionally for various reasons (safety standards, consistency, etc.), but as long as they remain within those predefined margins of the target color, then they are the same color in TLG's terms. And I see no reason to insist otherwise when the differences are slight and by some accounts sound like normal variability within the color, not an across-the-board change.

Well, ID wise, they are the same, but visually there is a noticeable difference. It isn't variability either, since some minifigs (Mermaid, for example) all have one shade, while others (Starlet) all have the other shade. If you meant something else, then please tell me, but it's interesting how the visible color difference is consistent per specific 'fig, yet LEGO classifies it as the same.