CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

Personally I think this is one of the most exciting series to date! So many new elements and figs a lot of us have wanted for a long time!!! Medusa, Roman Centurion, Old head, black mohawk....

Here's my thoughts.

Librarian - my least favorite? Sheldons girlfriend anyone? The cup is another nice addition but the book looks huge to me!

Painter/Decorator - ~that roller brush is possibly the most exciting piece I've seen in donkeys years!! Robot part must have! His cap is pretty cool too! the roller is also going to be great for motorbikes as the swing arm!

Warrior Princess - First time the hair has been in black? nicely detailed spear in different colour and the shield emblem looks to be a winner!

Sea Captain - Captain Haddock? Captain Nemo? Love the torso, the hat is great and the seagull is another fabulous bird!

Baseball Player - Another cool baseball cap and an awesome alternate hand. The glove is great on its own!

Sad Clown - a black ruff which is going to see some action and a cool new hat. Where can we put that hat - alternate uses?

Trendsetter - New hair? Chihuaha is cool and nice torso design! is that a smartphone bound to be popular

Golden Figure - the stuff of my steampunk dreams! useful for bots and showmen!

Biker/Mechanic - Lego doing tatts! Village people face is slightly disappointing but a nice fig nonetheless

Grandpa - Bald cap hair is win! Also another torso and legs for the steampunk collection!

Native - Tomohawk is fantastic! Black mohican will be exciting for purists but BW beat them to the punch on that one. another face scuplt for use with superheroes!!

Paintballer - Where's his battlepack I ask? Still a purist paintball gun and some interesting splats make for great Alien death scenes! :)

Roman - Another excellent addition - TLG are listening!! :) New Helmet is great!

Medusa - All new parts - new coloured Ninjago snake tail and a two sided head if I'm not mistaken! fantastic addition...

Skydiver - New pack and great torso and legs for ADU Pilots across the Galaxt

Bee Lady - MOTU that is all! :)

Am I he only one sensing a Terry Pratchett Diskworld fan lurking somewhere in the Lego CMF design group? That black and white Sad Clwn just screams Dr. Whiteface, guildmaster of the Fools Guild. And now that golden chase figure has a suspicious air of Moist Von Lipwig about him. Not that I'm complaining. I see the delicious workings of a Diskworld MOC in all of this.

I think my favorite by far is he Revolutionary Soldier. Just so much utility.

I immediately thought of Moist von Lipwig too! I like the golden fig. I was expecting just a featureless gold coloured fig but I think this is more interesting. Will definitely grab one if I find it but given the odds I probably won't really go out of my way looking.

Definitely going to be picking up the clown, the sea captain, the librarian and probably the trendsetter if only for her accessories. I think the skydiver might actually be my favourite though. His face is the best :laugh:

I think the Sea Captain hat will make a great hat for naval officers (especially if people start customizing it by panting on an insignia)

Love the new Centurion! I'll be needing 3 to lead my small cohort of Legionnaires.

Also definately going to pick up 3 Medusae/Gorgons, at least 1 'Warrior Princess' (Queen Boudica anyone?!) and the Revolutionary Soldier.

Not too keen on the other general figs though.

I also thought of Boudicca, but her hair was orange. I do see the Xena resemblance, though it is closer to the first version of her costume. The shield I have a use for, since my Nestlands characters need more eagle emblems.

I think someone already mentioned this in passing: the golden figure appears to be what I have heard called a "living statue". I've seen them throughout Europe, most recently in Rome. They scare children.

I think someone already mentioned this in passing: the golden figure appears to be what I have heard called a "living statue". I've seen them throughout Europe, most recently in Rome. They scare children.

They scare some adults too.

For me the most disappointing part is the confirmation that the Toy Soldier was not part of the Series and will most likely be the special figure for the Minifig Encyclopaedia (this should have been the Golden One as no need to have multiples). I was hoping to build up a marching band using the Soldier's torso but won't be buying lots of encyclopaedias.

Hopefully there will be some Marching Band figures in future series as well as other musicians and more sports.

I have to say I am not happy with the Willy wonka golden ticket minifig

I look for only certain figures, the Native American, the Female Barbarian, Roman Commander, the Revolutionary Soldier. I am one of those that patiently stand and find only what I need. Now with the golden ticket guy, more stores will keep them behind the counter. I will have a tougher time getting what I need. I don't like getting spares, I try to trade on the website trading portal, but generally just want to buy what I need and be done with it.

I like to think I have liberated many a historic figure from ending up being left on the floor and sucked up in a vacuum. :laugh:

brickshelf member dgh

PS if Super Goblin reads this please check mail about a Minifig trade.

Awesome! The best minifigures series. The Grandfather with newspaper and the Captain (seilor) look very nice!

Edited by MatiPasio

Roman centurion :drool: That is the one minifigure I'll get no matter what, even if that means buying it online.The Native, Warrior Woman, Colonial Soldier are the other three I'm desiring multiples of. I actually like the diva and would be fine of multiples of her. LEGO catfight in the mall anyone? :grin: In all seriousness, I just want multiple smart phones. that has a lot of uses.The Grandpa is a cute one, and I like the bald head mold. The other figures are decent (I'm not going to comment on the golden one, I'll wait until I see more pics of that before giving a real opinion) and worth getting, not multiples of for me though.

Am I he only one sensing a Terry Pratchett Diskworld fan lurking somewhere in the Lego CMF design group? That black and white Sad Clwn just screams Dr. Whiteface, guildmaster of the Fools Guild.

I have a lot of respect for Sir Terry, but the sad clown trope represented in this series predates him by centuries. I suspect that the Pierrot type of clown was the inspiration for the minifig, not a Discworld character.

I would assume the big army builders will be the same distribution as the last series. Although it makes me wonder which figures will be the hard to get (hopefully not the females again!). I realize not all little boys want tons of female figures, but I know most everyone else does want more, soooo TLG listen up.

But I may try to find a full box and just buy it. That is, if I can find one...

Now to find the golden figure, I will feel every packet every time I go into a store. Probably a waste of time.

Oh Warrior Girl, you will be mine! Close second are the Roman and Mohawk for me, the rest (especiall city folks) are not really my cup of tea, but I have to admit this is a great line-up in general.

Edited by Zzz

This maybe the first minifigure series I will buy. Bee Lady beside my honey jar.

I want like 10 of those revolutionary soldiers. Finally the red coats have a well printed counterpart. Also the biker with tattoo OMG anyone who knows me will know I want more tattooed minifigs

Edited by legomonk

My thoughts:

Sea Captain: I don't think he is my type of minifigure, but he will be nice to have. I hope LEGO will recolor the seagull in the future to make a raven!

Sad Clown: My favorite of the Clowns, because he's not as creepy! I like the old-fashioned look of him, but not too much play value.

Librarian: Love the look of her. Ginny Weasley's hair in brown is really nice. Love the "Shhh" mug and "Oranges and Peaches" book.

Grandpa: I don't know about this one. His "hair" piece looks like it doesn't blend in well. I do like the old-timey paper, though.

Bumblebee Girl: This is a unique animal costume. I do like the Fairy's wings in "foggy clear". The pot isn't as useful. but the idea is cute.

Roman Commander: I really don't understand the enormous popularity of the Roman minifigs, but he's all right. His helmet is reused, but the crest is cool.

Warrior Woman: An Amazon-like concept, and cool to see two deadly females in this series. I like the Pop Star's hair in black, and the Captain America shield reuse.

Tomahawk Warrior: Again, I don't understand the appeal, but his mohawk in black is nice, and so is the tomahawk.

Trendsetter: Cool new hairstyle, again in what I call "banana-yogurt yellow". Lots of people will want her for the smartphone and Chihuahua. Her necklace is similar to the Pop Star's...

Baseball Fielder: Sort of boring to me, but the glove is neat. I like the "Stackers" team name.

Revolutionary Soldier: His wig will be well-sought-after. His uniform is simple but accurate, and his face is good for any stern man you need. Rifle piece is certainly not new, but appropriate here.

Motorcycle Mechanic: The only reason I would want him is for the tatooed arm. His accesory is boring to me, being used for two CMFsin the past.

Skydiver: The "funny" minifigure of this series. His face is hilarious, and makes you want to hang him from an invisible string attached to a LEGO plane! Interesting color scheme.

Paintball Player: Not a multi-purpose minifigure, but his paint-splattered helmet and uniform looks really cool. I'd like to see future uses of the gun.

Decorator: Not very interesting, but all we need now is an Electrician to complete the "home professions" group. The handle piece used is interesting.

Medusa: :grin_wub::wub_drool::wub: ! Medusa has always been my favorite mythological monster, and her final version does not disappoint! She looked rather poorly done in preliminary images, but now I can take it all back! Her snake tail is perfect, as are her hairpiece and double-sided face! (one side calm with green eyes, and the other hissing with flared golden eyes.)

Speaking of golden....

The Golden Minifigure!: I am not sure about him. I don't know what he's supposed to be yet, and a performance artist seems like a lame concept for such a rare minifigure. I only want him for his rarity and to put him in The Penguin's lair (similar to Batman 2: DC Super Heroes). I'm not really sold on him yet. He IS feelable though!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Her snake tail is perfect, as are her hairpiece and double-sided face! (one side calm with green eyes, and the other hissing with flared golden eyes.)

Did I miss something, or how do you know she has a double sided head?

Edited by Yooha

I know because all of the other minifigs from the series use their prelim heads. It only makes sense for the beta expression to be an alternate face. I hope this is true, but I'm not sure.

way too much ancient rome CMFs, that I wouldn't seriously hope there will be a historical theme in 2014/2015 :cry_sad:

I will get: medusa, roman soldier and sad clown. some parts I love, hawk sheild, bald head and seagull :classic:

Roman Commander: I really don't understand the enormous popularity of the Roman minifigs, but he's all right. His helmet is reused, but the crest is cool.

If I'm not mistaken, that helmet is new, unless it's appeared in something other than the CMF line. The previous Roman was a legionaire, and this, being a Centurion has his plume running side to side rather than front to back.

As for the popularity, I think it's because it is something people (generally) have wanted for a very long time, myself included. We haven't had an Ancient Rome or Greek, etc theme(s) yet, and it's something that I and some others (generally) believe that could sell well, especially with younger kids if mythology was included.

The crest may be removable, as the rest of the helmet is the same as the Roman Soldier's. His helmet had a hole in the top for putting things in.

The CM6 legionaire didn't have a plume. For me the helmet looks the same.