CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

2,760. That's how many packets I had to search before finding Mr. Gold. I'm happy I found him, but for the love of all that's holy, Lego, PLEASE do not do this ever, ever again.

- MJ

To me, Mr. Gold is worthless. It's cheap Chinese plastic with printing that comes off easily. I can't bring myself to like the figure, much less search for it. LEGO's marketing plan for the figure isn't much better than the figure itself.

Edited by Gremer

16 more packs among Ipercoop and Toys Center were needed, but I managed to find the warrior woman at the very end.

Dunno if "completed" is the right word due to that damn Mr Gold, so...series 10 "sixteened" (?) too, let's say so.

Just went by K-Mart, and I got 3 Motorcycle Mechanics, 2 Baseball players, 2 Sad Clowns, 1 Grandpa and a Painter. I really like the painter and baseball players.

Guys, this is it. In my hand, at Target, I have it. Mr. Gold. I still need to verify, but I'm 99% sure. I'm literally speechless.

Edited by just2good

Congrats 'just2good'!!!

Thank you! I was right, I did find Mr. Gold! #3545 to be exact.

Opening, where I have a freakout:

And Twitch has found a new friend! :wink:

8952107410_e7673d68b1.jpg

Congrats, J2G.

:tongue:

-Sci

Thanks man! I'll probably take a picture of Mr. Gold with my Fluttershy miniature soon. :tongue:

A tad overdramatic if you ask me!

Haha, it's just that I've been looking for Mr. Gold for a month now. This has to be at least the 1,500th pack I've felt of Series 10. :grin:

Haha, it's just that I've been looking for Mr. Gold for a month now. This has to be at least the 1,500th pack I've felt of Series 10. :grin:

I can't see why Mr. Gold is such a big deal. The only reason that I can see is that it's rare. IMHO it is a useless figure. But, congratulations anyways.

I can't see why Mr. Gold is such a big deal. The only reason that I can see is that it's rare. IMHO it is a useless figure. But, congratulations anyways.

Yeah, you're right. He's a decent figure to me, but LEGO has hyped this stuff up. It's really because it's rare and a highly sought after figure. Though I have the figure now, I really wish they would have went one per box. The legs on the figure are very usefully, as goes for the rod and hilt, but that's it.

Darn you! I'm happy for you, seriously, but I keep on being reminded that I have VIRTUALLY NO CHANCE of finding him, as ***** 12!!! have been found in my state. Yeah. Good luck, all of you. I have no idea how I would find Mr. Gold now....

Darn you! I'm happy for you, seriously, but I keep on being reminded that I have VIRTUALLY NO CHANCE of finding him, as ***** 12!!! have been found in my state. Yeah. Good luck, all of you. I have no idea how I would find Mr. Gold now....

My state has 16, not including mine. :laugh:

Don't give up!

Oh, and if anyone wants their sigfig in a photo with Mr. Gold, shoot me a PM. :tongue:

Edited by just2good

My state has 16, not including mine. :laugh:

Don't give up!

Oh, and if anyone wants their sigfig in a photo with Mr. Gold, shoot me a PM. :tongue:

If I don't find him, I'll do that! Do you ever plan to remove him from his package? He could buy you a few Ewok Villages and Towers of Orthanc on eBay. I won't sell him if I find him. He's too preecioussss! gollum_emote_fixed.png

Edited by 8BrickMario

My state had 36 found with a total of only 488 registered Worldwide when I found mine last week. The eBay price has started to drop as more are located. While I doubt he'll ever go for as low as $50, I've been know to be wrong before! Don't give up - there are lots more out there!

I have a friend who looked through about 2000 packets before he found his, and I found mine after 2,760 (46 boxes.) I know it's not mathematically logical to come to a conclusion using only two examples, BUT, if we take an average using our two finds, then Mr. Gold should be expected to be one per 40 boxes. Give or take.

- MJ

Well, I feel like going to Chicago on Saturday now! There's places to look there. Local isn't working so far, so I'll take it a little further away and cross my fingers!

Cheers/Congrats to J2G!

In fact you are just 2 good! ;p

Eh,horrible puns will be horrible puns.lol

As said Gremer,I honestly don't find anything good about Mr.Gold,but that thrill of feeling one packing and knowing the Mr.Gold is out there is a adrenalish type of feeling.

Anyways 8BM,don't give up,with enough faith in this you can get this minifig.:)

Cheers/Congrats to J2G!

In fact you are just 2 good! ;p

Eh,horrible puns will be horrible. :p

Haha, thanks dude! I'll do your request soon. :classic:

I recently bought 6 random packets from my local WHSmiths. There were 2 Tomahawk Warriors, 2 Motorcycle Mechanics, 1 Skydiver and 1 Roman Commander.

Went to Chicago yesterday, but after a while my heart just wasn't in it. If a Mr. Gold was there, I didn't find it, but I feel just plain tired of the whole thing.

Agreed. I've stopped making extra effort. If I see them in the store, and the display looks pretty full, I'll stop and feel for him, but I am not expecting to find one anymore.

To me, Mr. Gold is worthless. It's cheap Chinese plastic with printing that comes off easily. I can't bring myself to like the figure, much less search for it. LEGO's marketing plan for the figure isn't much better than the figure itself.

Hahah yeaahhh, funny you say that because I actually come to give my critique on series 10, which was more so a snide remark about how the series 10 figures seem/feel like cheaper plastic than usual. they feel quite flimsy and not of the same plastic as the previous series, but while they have seemed to give us cheaper plastic, they've amped up this series to sell more- so for the first time I bought a box and saved $1.50 on each fig. No Mr Gold, but at least I made my money back on ebay. I probably wouldn't have done that if the first 5 figs I bought were better quality plastic. Anyways, there's a useless conspiracy theory for you.

As for the Figs themselves- much better than I anticipated, the initial list and subsequent early image that went around left a lot to be desired but upon closer inspection they're not bad, I dn't know if there's much we'll do with the skydiver, I guess their intention is for us to think of ways to cleverly have them mid air in MOCs? Many ways to do that so I look forward to them! Otherwise I can't see much use for that character, the rest I pretty much can- I really dig the sad clown, and I hope we get a coloured version of that hat!

the paintballer's costume could also be used for a painter and vice versa but I wonder why they put them both together?

Overall I wished these bloomin' series' would come with more females!