CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

I'm not surprised to see so much Series 9 backstock. After a brief appearance in stores around here (Rhode Island) when they were first released, they disappeared from shelves for months and only recently started showing up again at Five Below and Target. So as the Series 10s sell out here, I notice they're just as likely to be restocked with 9s as they are with more 10s.

As a result, when the 10s started showing up a few weeks ago, I made sure to hunt down all the figures I knew I wanted in case they pulled a similar vanishing act. First priority was the librarian (it's not just a screen name, folks!), then after finding her I tracked down the baseball fielder, George Washington, Medusa, Warrior Woman, and the Roman soldier. I just need to find another Bumblebee since I gave the first one to my wife (she looked like the bee girl from Blind Melon's "No Rain" video when she was little), and maybe the paintball guy (his torso looks like it'd be good for a Ghostbuster custom, and I have a proton pack & gun on the way from BrickForge) and I think I'm good for this set for myself. My son, on the other hand, he's a different story. :laugh:

Edited by LibraryBoy

Finally found some series 10 in my local shop, picked up 8 of them for my girlfriend, including a Medusa. No Mr Gold in the box though!

I finally was able to get my hands on Series 10! I picked up 6 total. Medusa's probably my favorite of the bunch and I didn't even expect her to be! Also, they brought out a new box for me but I wasn't able to find any Mr. Golds.

My wife talked to the Westfield Lego store manager on the phone on Monday about Mr Gold while we were making a purchase. He said that he couldn't find one for my son because they're so scarce, however he said he could feel out any other minifigure for us. He did the same thing for us in Series 8, so my son chose the Skydiver and the Roman Commander. I'll probably just make a Mr Gold for my son, can't be too difficult.

Edited by Lance

Does anyone knows about the content of a box?

How many minifigures of each type?

There is no such a thing. Each box has a different content.

Take a look at WhiteFang's review. :wink:

They've been pretty consistent in the past and I haven't heard of any boxes having a distribution that's different from the one mentioned in WhiteFang's review.

They've been pretty consistent in the past and I haven't heard of any boxes having a distribution that's different from the one mentioned in WhiteFang's review.

Put it between fairytales.

I checked myself over 20 boxes and each had a different content.

Thanks! :wink:

Sad news... not a good distribution this time, anyway! :sad:

Only two complete series for a box again is a shame.

Put it between fairytales.

I checked myself over 20 boxes and each had a different content.

All the box of the last series I bought has exactly the distribution of the other boxes.

All the box of the last series I bought has exactly the distribution of the other boxes.

You mean 9th series?

I've heard the hanging boxes found at Target that have 120 per box have a much different distribution than the standard 60 boxes. I'm guessing it is related to the Mr. Gold being put into boxes. I'm good with random distribution. Reminds me of baseball cards from when I was a kid :thumbup::grin:

You mean 9th series?

If I remember correctly all the series from 5th to 9th.

I was disappointed for the 9th series because there was not 3 complete series anymore, and it seems this happens with 10th series too.

I've heard the hanging boxes found at Target that have 120 per box have a much different distribution than the standard 60 boxes.

Interesting... any other information/link about this box?

Lucky! I will be checking a Target on Saturday, so I will not be hopeful, but certainly happy is successful on finding him!

EDIT: 6 found in Illinois? That doesn't make me happy! 3 more found makes the number smaller. Someone on Brickset calculated that there would be nine left when the count was 3, so 6 left is a less encouraging number.

Edited by 8BrickMario

201. And that's only the registered ones. I wonder how many owners didn't know/didn't care to log the code on Lego.com?

Edited by 8BrickMario

201. And that's only the registered ones. I wonder how many owners didn't know/didn't care to log the code on Lego.com?

Still one in Minnesota. Whew.

-Sci

You don't have to worry about decreasing numbers....yet. I hope that luck will be on my side on Saturday.

I'm really impressed with what I've gotten from series 10 so far. I may even try to get the whole series, which I haven't been able to do for a while. Series 9 still might be my favorite though. Anyway, I made some pictures of some of the minifigures I got (I really like them all :grin: ).

p1100071.jpg

p1100072.jpg

p1100073.jpg

If I remember correctly all the series from 5th to 9th.

It might have been true for previous series. In the first two sealed boxes (series 10) I searched I found 11 roman soldiers.

Edited by Basteq

I got my usual 16 random packs and was kinda disgusted when I only got 7 different ones, but of the duplicates the Roman was the most common. Got 3 spares of him. It's odd, since the roman series is usually the rarest, but welcome.

As many said before : each box has the same content.

You may have just found boxes that where opened before in order to find Mr.Gold.

As many said before : each box has the same content.

You may have just found boxes that where opened before in order to find Mr.Gold.

No. I opened them myself.

@Basteq

Maybe you didn't notice that someone has already opened it.

Anyway in two boxes there are 12 Roman officers, you could have missed one.

Look for example at this post.

Dervish bought 3 boxes and all the boxes have the same content.