CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

Mainly because I want to collect them and they are the only store selling in my area of town, As such it is either buy then there or direct from LEGO Shop online! Usually the box is in a place that you can feel them but for some reason this time they have kept them out of the way of feelers.

Maybe it would be easier to search in another area ;)

I went through 6 unopened boxes without any luck. Moreover don't believe any theories how many of each figure should be in the box.

Only idiots would pay 1000 Euro or 1200 usd like they did for those first two.

Consider there are 5000 !!!! of them.

Sorry but why do you call "IDIOTS" those people?

Not even this is not respectful, but also how much would do you think one would spend on such a minifigure if they really want it?

Considering a normal minifigures has up to 1/30 odds to pop out and will cost you up to 5$, one that has 400 less times the odds (1/12000) to pop out should cost 400$ more, so about 2000$.

1000$ is a good price, considering the odds.

You know we are not all afols.

Afols are less than 5% of the Lego population.

This means more than 4750 Mr.Gold will go to the average kids who will play and break Mr.Gold... who will lose his hat in zero time, who will have it thrown away by an angered mother if they do not complete their homework right... and so on.

You will have about a couple of hundreds Mr.Gold available to afols, they deserve such prices.

Sorry but why do you call "IDIOTS" those people?

Not even this is not respectful, but also how much would do you think one would spend on such a minifigure if they really want it?

Considering a normal minifigures has up to 1/30 odds to pop out and will cost you up to 5$, one that has 400 less times the odds (1/12000) to pop out should cost 400$ more, so about 2000$.

1000$ is a good price, considering the odds.

You know we are not all afols.

Afols are less than 5% of the Lego population.

This means more than 4750 Mr.Gold will go to the average kids who will play and break Mr.Gold... who will lose his hat in zero time, who will have it thrown away by an angered mother if they do not complete their homework right... and so on.

You will have about a couple of hundreds Mr.Gold available to afols, they deserve such prices.

It's just a waste of money for me. As you can see on recent auctions prices dropped to 500-600usd and will fall to, I assume, to 100-150usd

So if someone wants to throw away money then go ahead, but can't expect to call it a wise move.

It's just a waste of money for me. As you can see on recent auctions prices dropped to 500-600usd and will fall to, I assume, to 100-150usd

So if someone wants to throw away money then go ahead, but can't expect to call it a wise move.

Actually, allow me to correct you.

Prices of everything are higher when that's a new.

Then drop down.

Then go up again overtaking by far the original prices.

What you say is whay they said for a lot of things, say like MTG rare cards which have now skyrocketed prices... or many other stuff.

What you say is like saying that people wasted their money when buying Cafe Corners or Greengrocers... well they may had not their point at that time but they have now.

I would peacefully advice you to always wait a considerable long time before calling up someone an idiot judging him/her only on the money he/she spent.

Actually, allow me to correct you.

Prices of everything are higher when that's a new.

Then drop down.

Then go up again overtaking by far the original prices.

What you say is whay they said for a lot of things, say like MTG rare cards which have now skyrocketed prices... or many other stuff.

What you say is like saying that people wasted their money when buying Cafe Corners or Greengrocers... well they may had not their point at that time but they have now.

I would peacefully advice you to always wait a considerable long time before calling up someone an idiot judging him/her only on the money he/she spent.

You're only partly right.

Set you mentioned was probably bought for a retail price or lower and went up as most of Lego sets do.

It's totaly different thing with legos without price tag.

I'd rather invest 1200 usd in something really worth it like almost new Millenium Falcon UCS 10179 I bought a few days ago.

You're only partly right.

Set you mentioned was probably bought for a retail price or lower and went up as most of Lego sets do.

It's totaly different thing with legos without price tag.

I'd rather invest 1200 usd in something really worth it like almost new Millenium Falcon UCS 10179 I bought a few days ago.

It will just depend on the demand/offer ratio. As I already pointed, there won't be 5000 Mr.Gold, but far less. 2/3 hundreds will end in afol hands, but how many of them will be re-selled?

FIY I sold in my bricklink shop the 7965 (so not even the UCS you're talking about) 's dish/antenna for $80. So in your mind Mr.Gold will cost just 1 and a half of the 7965's antenna in the end? I really have strong doubts on that. I believe you're absolutely wrong on your esteems.

It will just depend on the demand/offer ratio. As I already pointed, there won't be 5000 Mr.Gold, but far less. 2/3 hundreds will end in afol hands, but how many of them will be re-selled?

FIY I sold in my bricklink shop the 7965 (so not even the UCS you're talking about) 's dish/antenna for $80. So in your mind Mr.Gold will cost just 1 and a half of the 7965's antenna in the end? I really have strong doubts on that. I believe you're absolutely wrong on your esteems.

Don't count on mostly kids getting Mr. Gold. Probably most of the stores will be raid by collectors looking for them. I have already visited all in my town and nearby.

That's why I call such people i*****. 80usd for antenna? You could buy the whole model for that price. BTW. How did you end up with such a price for stupid antenna ? ;)

Edited by Basteq

Don't count on mostly kids getting Mr. Gold. Probably most of the stores will be raid by collectors looking for them. I have already visited all in my town and nearby.

That's why I call such people i*****. 80usd for antenna? You could buy the whole model for that price. BTW. How did you end up with such a price for stupid antenna ? ;)

Sorry it was the 10179, not the 7965... that's its market price.

So this doesn't change the fact that if people are spending $80 for a piece who can be surely found in MORE than 5000 in the world, and has been bought SURELY by afols only, why they should spend just $120 for a rare piece which will have zero availability if compared?

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Sorry it was the 10179, not the 7965... that's its market price.

So this doesn't change the fact that if people are spending $80 for a piece who can be surely found in MORE than 5000 in the world, and has been bought SURELY by afols only, why they should spend just $120 for a rare piece which will have zero availability if compared?

That's more believable ;)

That's more believable ;)

No, that's true, sold for €60 which are $80.

Btw, if one spends $80 for a piece that has a significatively larger spreading than Mr.Gold, why would Mr.Gold price be similar?

No, that's true, sold for €60 which are $80.

Btw, if one spends $80 for a piece that has a significatively larger spreading than Mr.Gold, why would Mr.Gold price be similar?

Consider the fact that 10179 costs minimum 1400 usd on ebay and if you miss this one special brick you could only find in this set it's understandable.

There are not so many 10179 taken apart and sold for pieces especially that most of the bricks are common.

Cockpit glass for UCS X-wing is listed for over 100usd

Edited by Basteq

Consider the fact that 10179 costs minimum 1400 usd on ebay and if you miss this one special brick you could only find in this set it's understandable.

There are not so many 10179 taken apart and sold for pieces especially that most of the bricks are common.

Cockpit glass for UCS X-wing is listed for over 100usd

There are more 10179 than Mr.Gold. 5000 is a very small amount compared to the 400M minifigures produced in 2013. Luckily enough not all minifigures manifactured in 2013 will be S10 minifigures (if that was the case, 1/80.000 would result in actually 0 odds to find Mr. Gold), but yet odds will be no better than 1/12000 / 1/15000.

Take also this: there are people who collect ALL minifigures, not only collectible ones. I read about a lot of people trying to get every minifigure manifactured by Lego on a certain year. Mr. Gold will be a must-have for those people.

In the end: Time will speak for us, I believe Mr.Gold will end up way MORE than the numbers you speak about.

There are more 10179 than Mr.Gold. 5000 is a very small amount compared to the 400M minifigures produced in 2013. Luckily enough not all minifigures manifactured in 2013 will be S10 minifigures (if that was the case, 1/80.000 would result in actually 0 odds to find Mr. Gold), but yet odds will be no better than 1/12000 / 1/15000.

Take also this: there are people who collect ALL minifigures, not only collectible ones. I read about a lot of people trying to get every minifigure manifactured by Lego on a certain year. Mr. Gold will be a must-have for those people.

In the end: Time will speak for us, I believe Mr.Gold will end up way MORE than the numbers you speak about.

What I meant about 10179 is that of course there were many more produced but only a few in a world would be taken apart and sold for pieces what makes a special part like antenna more rare.

People can spend the money on what they want, I don't see the big deal in that. There isn't a reason to name call if someone wants to spend their money differently than you. That's how the world works. Not everyone has the same clothes/cars/etc. preference.

I bought the Jean Gray SDCC figure earlier this year, spending more than I've ever spent on just one figure. But I found it for a good deal, so I went for it. In every other facet of life, I am a responsible person when it comes to spending money, so I wouldn't say it was foolish. Although, the only "foolish" thing ever would be buying figures when you don't have the money to do so, as in when you have more important things to consider. But I still wouldn't name call.

As far as Mr. Gold, I'm sure he will go for a pretty penny only because of the gold plating. I think the scarcity and hype is what is driving everything up right now. The price will go down in time. The CC figures are elevated because of the rarity, but you can find a decent deal sometimes. Luckily Jean Gray didn't seem to be as popular as a lot of the other figures for some reason.

As far as Mr. Gold, I'm sure he will go for a pretty penny only because of the gold plating.

By gold plating, you mean chroming, right?

Is this topic also a place to talk about the book, too? I would like to see discussion about the Character Encylopedia and Toy Soldier...

Was able to finally find some today! I bought 4, two for me and two more for my brother. I got the Motorcycle Mechanic ( :sick:) and the Baseball Fielder, and he got the Motorcycle Mechanic and the Skydiver, though I might hit him up on a trade offer. :wink:

Was able to finally find some today! I bought 4, two for me and two more for my brother. I got the Motorcycle Mechanic ( :sick:) and the Baseball Fielder, and he got the Motorcycle Mechanic and the Skydiver, though I might hit him up on a trade offer. :wink:

Yeah, I'd definitely trade that motorcycle mechanic for his motorcycle mechanic.

Yeah, I'd definitely trade that motorcycle mechanic for his motorcycle mechanic.

Woop! I knew somebody thought it was a great idea! Maybe I should have been a little bit more specific.... Baseball Fielder for the Skydiver.... There.

Mr. Gold for the Motorcycle Mechanic! Seems fair enough.

I bought eight random packs today and got three painters :sceptic: , two mechanics, one librarian, one skydiver and my new favorite, the roman commander :classic:

Edited by fuavarra

Lego.com finally updated their website to include the Mr.Gold findings. So far including me 8 have been registered. If you have a code you also get a Lego Minifigures Diploma signed by Mr.Gold. It would be nice if you got something else I found this to be kinda lame. I am curious how many of the figures will actually get uploaded to lego.com.

Lego.com finally updated their website to include the Mr.Gold findings. So far including me 8 have been registered. If you have a code you also get a Lego Minifigures Diploma signed by Mr.Gold. It would be nice if you got something else I found this to be kinda lame. I am curious how many of the figures will actually get uploaded to lego.com.

Yeah, go here to see a map where they have been found and signed in by the finders :thumbup: !

Might be a -bit- off topic, but I just discovered a really good way on finding out which minifigure you've gotten.

Put the front of the pack on top of a small (doesn't matter what size) but bright light. On the back, that little flab, fold it over. The middle part will be completely see through and you can see the contents of the bag. Might help a few of you guys with Mr. Gold...

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Might be a -bit- off topic, but I just discovered a really good way on finding out which minifigure you've gotten.

Put the front of the pack on top of a small (doesn't matter what size) but bright light. On the back, that little flab, fold it over. The middle part will be completely see through and you can see the contents of the bag. Might help a few of you guys with Mr. Gold...

-Sci

You, cheater, you! Well, I guess it could work! Although, it seems needlessly complicated when you could just feel. It's not that hard!

Unfortunately for me, 3 Mr. Golds have been found in Illinois. Doesn't make me feel hopeful at all. :sad:

People on Brickset are saying, "Don't worry, just keep trying. The odds aren't against you finding him" and other stuff like that, and they are the ones who have him! A person who doesn't have him would say something completely different!

If you have a code you also get a Lego Minifigures Diploma signed by Mr.Gold. It would be nice if you got something else I found this to be kinda lame.

I would actually frame that! If (and that's a ginormous if) I get him, I plan to get a small clear wall-mounted case next to the diploma and pamphlet with the "You Found Mr. Gold" side showing. A Mr. Gold showcase wall! Framed diploma+pamphlet+wall case for Mr. Gold (when on display, of course). Sadly, that may be one of the coolest things on display in my room (until I get Orthanc! :classic: )

Edited by 8BrickMario

I guess the AFOL collectors paying big bucks for Mr Gold should be glad that he's actually pretty ugly and of very limited use to MOCers - imagine if they'd actual made an extremely limited edition figure that was both attractive and useful as well?