CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

Bought another 17 with about 6 indians got down to only 3 left to open and there he was Mr. Gold. Number 4515 out of 5000. My icon is the picture I took. I showed the employees there and they said they cant believe I found one since they felt all the packages before they put them out which I just want to say will probably happen everywhere and really sucks. So Mr. Gold is in the regular package there is no mailing in to get him you just have to be lucky and find him. I was.

Ah you lucky son of a ***** haha no, congrats to you :laugh:

Yea the employees in stores who know something about Lego and that it is rare will probably feel through the packages. Sucks.

But good to know that Mr Gold is actually in a bag.

Edited by Mencot

Thanks for the info! So far I've been through nearly 400 packets with no sign of Mr. Gold. My fingers will be falling off before the week is out.

And congrats on the find!!

- MJ

My Paintball players all had the same dot code. On the left side there were 2 larger dots at an angle from each other with 3 smaller dots in the middle of them horizontally.

Thanks! I'll have to remember that for when I see these at retail.

So my friend got back from New York today...

{vid}

(video may still be progressing)

-Sci

Good to see that you're posting your videos here now! :poke:

Seriously though, great opening video! I liked the input you put on the Series. I just wish these would be available in South Florida! :sad:

Finally, another Illinoisan on Eurobricks! Welcome, Hungus81! I wonder, with the broken distribution, how many Goldies are now in Illinois. Unfortunately, there's no way to know. Every day my mood alternates from feeling like I may have a chance to find him, and feeling totally hopeless. I feel right now like I will only be able to get him by another method than finding him. NOT eBay, though! I would have never thought of Schaumburg, as I live somewhat far away from there!

EDIT: New signature to reflect my feelings!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Has anyone seen the code for the Mr. Gold thing? I know it starts with MF- , but I forget the rest of the one I saw.

EDIT: 8BrickMario inspired me to change my sig! MrGoldEmote.png

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

The minifigs arrived to my home town – after the early sightings in March, which lasted only for a few days. I had a chance to go through an unopened box, after the shop clerk checked it for Mr. Gold, but there was no sign of him. At least that’s what shesaid :wink:

I was looking for the sad clown and the sea captain, among other figs, but those two were the must-haves.

By the time I’ve found one each of them I checked nearly 40 bags! Those were approx. the following:

medusa 1

sad clown 1

sea captain 1

roman commander 2

warrior woman 3

bumblebee girl 2

decorator 2

baseball fielder 3

tomahawk warrior 3

grandpa 1

revolutionary soldier 2

trendsetter 2

librarian 1

paintball player5

mechanic 4

skydiver 4

The trendsetter’s and the librarian’s hair are similar, so I’m not 100% sure which one was which, but I could feel the mug or the dog.

The rev. soldeir’s and the mechanic’s headgear is similar as well, but there were many wrenches. And the seagull is rubber-like, what I didn’t know.

I received information from trusted retailer that Lego has totaly sold out series 10

Do you have proof and/or a reliable source that can back-up your claim? :wacko::look: If LEGO really has "sold out" completely of Minifigures Series 10, then don't you think that another production run (or two) is in order there, since Minifigures Series 10 isn't even supposed to be sold anywhere until May 1. :wink:

If I find Mr. Gold I'm going to trade it for like a hundred Blacktron figures. :laugh:

I hope they continue this rare figure trend, the figure is usually something I don't like so I don't go bonkers trying to get one.

But if they made the rare figure in the likeness of Red Sonja... I'll fight you all for it! :tongue:

Also, what's up with Hungus finding Mr Gold and not posting a clear picture of it? What a cocktease lol

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

If I find Mr. Gold I'm going to trade it for like a hundred Blacktron figures. :laugh:

If I ever find the Mr. Gold minifigure, I would do something similar here, except I would be trading for about 100 Dragon Knights and Lion Knights from the Kingdoms line about 100 Rohan foot soldier minifigures with the torso of the Rohan archer that comes in the Urk-Hai Army set, plus 100 of the new Black Falcon shield that comes in the Kingdoms Joust set, so I can make a Kingdoms-style Black Falcon army at least 5 copies of each of the very rare and very, very hard to find (especially the first three) 5995-1 Rascus, 5996-1 Santis, 5997-1 Danju and 5998-1 Jayko poly bag sets and 3 copies of the 5999-1 Vladek poly bag set (as I have a whole bunch of this poly bag set already and only need a few more copies of it) -- or, at the very least, the minifigures, themselves, of these sets, that would come loosely from the person on who I would trade the Mr. Gold minifigure for, there -- from the Knights Kingdom II theme of 2004 to 2006. :laugh::wub_drool:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

I hope they continue this rare figure trend, the figure is usually something I don't like so I don't go bonkers trying to get one.

But if they made the rare figure in the likeness of Red Sonja... I'll fight you all for it! :tongue:

Also, what's up with Hungus finding Mr Gold and not posting a clear picture of it? What a cocktease lol

don't you mean a blocktease?

For anybody in the UK who is keen to get their hands on series 10, Tesco should have them in this week ready for updating the boy's toy plan next week. So if you are lucky you may even see them out this week. Happy hunting!

I was aimlessly wandering around Walmart (Kingston, Ontario) while waiting for someone, and low and behold there was a box of Series 10 minifigures :drool: - every packet looked to have been well felt, but I was still able to find the figs that I wanted relatively easily (just mistook a helmet for a the bald hair piece, so I ended up with a skydiver instead of the grandpa...) No Mr. Gold to be found, and someone is going to end up with a bunch of mechanics...

<SNIP, ignore me please>

Edited by Zeya

480 packets searched and counting.

Anyone here remember "sniglets?" Words that should be in the dictionary but aren't? Well, I have a new one for us:

Goldiphobia: The irrational fear that you mistakenly identified a figure as the Tomahawk Indian when it might have been Mr. Gold.

Ugh. My fingers are coming down with a severe case of Goldilocks (the numb feeling you get in the tips of your fingers when you've tried identifying WAYYYYY too many Series 10 packets.)

- MJ

Edited by MicroJow

I found 'em at Toys"R"Us! I felt for 12 unique ones, videos up soon! No Mr. Gold, though.

Do you have proof and/or a reliable source that can back-up your claim? :wacko::look: If LEGO really has "sold out" completely of Minifigures Series 10, then don't you think that another production run (or two) is in order there, since Minifigures Series 10 isn't even supposed to be sold anywhere until May 1. :wink:

This means that the series is sold out at the factory, not that it is sold out from the shelves. It means the entire production run has been committed to distribution orders received. This is not that uncommon with some short run/short life Lego products, such as the Ninjago Spinners or Chima Speedorz. It is why some Chima Speedorz were retired very quickly. It is doubtful that they will go back and do another run of series 10 as series 11 should be deeply in the production chain by now and will hit the streets faster then they could repop a run of series 10.

Sorry about this post. The subject has now become irrelevant. Move along.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Went to Target yesterday, looked around and asked twice at the front desk but nothing! Also zilch at TRU…

Edited by The_Creator