CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

I can't wait for LEGO to update the Minifigs site to series 10 in the US! I am dying to get some series 10's but they aren't here yet!!!!! Come on LEGO, do the words "international release date" mean anything to you? My aunt works at a B&N that will carry them and if she finds Mr. Gold, she will mail it to me. (She's awesome!)

Where the heck is the Mr. Gold bio on the site? Y'all keep posting the United States default link. :look:

Where the heck is the Mr. Gold bio on the site? Y'all keep posting the United States default link. :look:

Well, now that is strange. Worked for me last night (I think it was?), but now I'm just going straight to Bios. Oh well, Mr. Gold's bio wasn't too spectacular.

There was rumour of this for the last series. I think it turned out to be smaller boxes that could be placed by a cash til/register. But these boxes were provided empty and were instead filled by taking packets from a usual size box.

No, the small boxes with 30 bags do exist for Series 10. I mean they come packed with minifigs and not empty.

No, the small boxes with 30 bags do exist for Series 10. I mean they come packed with minifigs and not empty.

So are the two different sizes of boxes for series 10? One with 30, and another old-style with 60?

I found something:

1 or 2 of each:

Librarian

Medusa

Roman

Warrior Woman

Skydiver

Sea Captain

Clown

Rev. Soldier

Baseball Fielder

Trendsetter

Decorator

Very likely to get (unspecified)

Tomahawk Warrior

Grandpa

Paintballer

Motorcycle Mechanic (You get A LOT of these in a box)

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

I found something:

-Sci

I don't get it. What does all that supposed to indicate? :wacko:

Ah, I get it with the edit. If it is 30 per box, that will be a pain to get a hold of all those figures.

Edited by just2good

Well, now that is strange. Worked for me last night (I think it was?), but now I'm just going straight to Bios. Oh well, Mr. Gold's bio wasn't too spectacular.

Never worked for me… maybe it accidentally got put up?

I don't get it. What does all that supposed to indicate? :wacko:

What in thee brick…? If that ends up being the distribution, someone at TLG was inhailing something he shouldn't of…

Ah, I get it with the edit. If it is 30 per box, that will be a pain to get a hold of all those figures.

Indeed, terrible distribution…

Edited by The_Creator

So are the two different sizes of boxes for series 10? One with 30, and another old-style with 60?

I'm talking about Series 9. There indeed are two types of boxes for that. As far as I know the local Lego store (not a brand store) got boxes of 60 with their first shipment and later received boxes of 30 when they ordered more.

Series 10 can only be found in one retail chain so far and they do not have the box version but the hanging stuff so one can only guess whether the box of 60 will be scrapped for Series 10 or not.

I've been to 3 stores in 2 towns having Series 10 already out. Each store had 50+ left of the initial 60. According to my observations the Medusa and the Trendsetter are only 1 / 60 in these. (Remember these are not from CMS boxes but from shipping boxes in which there are 5 strips with 12 figures attached on each.) On the other end of the spectrum the Baseball Fielder, the Tomahawk Warrior, the Skydiver and the Roman seem to be the most common.

It's funny how it is easier to build an army of both the Caesar and Roman Commander minifigures compared to the basic grunt Roman Soldier. Very logical, no? :wacko:

I've been to 3 stores in 2 towns having Series 10 already out.

Are you from Hungry as well or a different part of the world?

Thanks!

kockamania.hu on flickr was kind enough to take pics of the minifigures. All but Mr. Gold:

8575623333_f933b23b24.jpg

Here's the link to this and the rest!

EDIT: Just remembered! I don't remember anyone saying anything about this, but the Roman minifigure's torso is a gunmetal/pearl sort of color

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Just browsed through the pictures. That sea captain is ideal for a custom Captain Haddock (Tintin Series). Just add Thorin Oakenshield's head.

8575623333_f933b23b24.jpg

I hope this one have a reversible head, but suddenly she does not have it like Downhill Skier from S8.

I was actually hoping the skydiver would have a dual sided head, the determined "I'm gonna jump" face and then the one we see.

Darn, I was hoping Medusa's snake hair wasn't rubber...Oh, well. She looks perferctly monstrous, and I can't wait to get her. The Trendsetter's phone's apps are hilarious! I love the "old times" pun on the Grandpa's newspaper! Wait a minute... the bird poop is gone from the Sea Captain's pants! You win some, you lose some. Looks good so far! The wait is killing me, as well as the suspense on Mr. Gold. I hope if there is ever a Series 20 that they don't make a Mrs. Gold! I won't be sad to see 10's gold craze leave.

I noticed the bird droppings were gone also. That is unfortunate. Although, I guess technically he is more usable now for other settings, so it's a win in the long run.

A Mrs. Gold...hmm, interesting.

Can't help but think that the paint roller handle would make a really excellent wall light fixture.

Hmm, that's a good idea. Would love to see that!