CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

The helmet is the same, but, as others have mentioned, the red crest is removable and new. As far as why everyone likes him, well, I'm not sure everyone does, but it's because he's awesome!

I would say the Roman is probably my favorite figure from series 6 and a tie with the Revolutionary soldier in this series. Originally I wasn't as wowed by him, but the more I see, the more I like.

But no not everyone likes him and that's the beauty of the CMF. I don't care for the paintballer and parachuter, but I bet they will be popular with people.

Oops, I didn't notice that I re-posted!

EDIT: Re-post removed with boring message above.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I would say the Roman is probably my favorite figure from series 6 and a tie with the Revolutionary soldier in this series. Originally I wasn't as wowed by him, but the more I see, the more I like.

But no not everyone likes him and that's the beauty of the CMF. I don't care for the paintballer and parachuter, but I bet they will be popular with people.

Same here.

Except that I really like the Sea Capitan too.

I would extremely like a historic theme based on Peria, Greece, Rome etc. :wub:

I wonder if the blade on the tomahawk slides onto the pole or if it is one piece?

I sincerely doubt it's more than one piece, it certainly doesn't look like it and it is the same one used for Tonto in the Lone Ranger theme, so looking at those picture, no, I'm almost positive it doesn't come apart.

Lego is keeping up a great job!

We're already overwhelmed with minifigs from previous series (and we usually only get 5-10 each series...) but I won't be able to resist getting at least 3-4 of those Medusas for use in our RPGs. Probably also 1 each of those fighter-types (the Amazon, the Tomahawk and the Roman).

I wonder if the blade on the tomahawk slides onto the pole or if it is one piece?

I'm pretty confident that it will be only one piece. When we saw the pictures of the parts several months ago, the tomahawk piece was in among them all, and it was just one piece, It would have been nice (but not particularly useful) if the blade was removable from the pole.

Looks like another lovely series.

One thing that puzzles me though is that the torso printing on the Revolutionary Soldier is so much more simplistic compared to all the other ones. It looks more like something from 2009 than a 2013 CMF. Not that the printing is terrible, but it just looks so much cruder than all the other ones.

One thing that puzzles me though is that the torso printing on the Revolutionary Soldier is so much more simplistic compared to all the other ones. It looks more like something from 2009 than a 2013 CMF. Not that the printing is terrible, but it just looks so much cruder than all the other ones.

I also find it strange how it can have a torso that is so basic in comparison to the rest. In additon, I find it somewhat ironic that the torso in the link you provided is actually, in my opinion, better than the torso on the Revolution Soldier (as I choose to call it).

For the most part I'm liking what I see here

Highlights (for either the fig or accessories): Trendsetter, sailor, gramps, libraian, medusa and bee costume

Mehs: Gold chase figure, parachuter, paintballer, baseball player.

Unless they come up with a different packaging method, items like Medusa, Gold Chase and sad clown will be easy pickoffs for the pack squeezers - I think I'm just going to start investing in complete sealed boxes and sell spares I have no need of.

I just wanted to say thanks for responding to my original thoughts and later comments. I'm glad that I joined! Sorry if this post is irrelevant.

A bit lacking is sci-fi, but all those ancient warriors make me happy. :grin: Have some ideas for that medusa too. :thumbup:

So is the Golden Minifigure being limited to 5000 final? Or will it be one per box? I really hope it's the later...

Well, LEGO said it's gonna be 5000, so yeah. Let's just hope that they are more merciful and make a few more after the original 5000....

Well, LEGO said it's gonna be 5000, so yeah. Let's just hope that they are more merciful and make a few more after the original 5000....

5000 wouldn't really be fair. Not to mention it would make it one of the rarest minifigures in existence...

Let's hope they change it to one per box...

Are there any data, how many boxes of CMs had been produced or sold from earlier waves? How frequent the 5000 minifigs will be? One in every 100/1000/1000000 boxes?

5000 wouldn't really be fair. Not to mention it would make it one of the rarest minifigures in existence...

Let's hope they change it to one per box...

It's a bit ridiculous to think that it would change now. The confirmation that it would be only 5000 in production was less than three months ago, and the set is going to be released in the next two months.

And yes, it would be one of the rarest minifigures in existence; certainly one of the rarest minifigure released in regular-issue sets (the only one I know which is rarer is the 14-karat gold C-3PO, of which only five were released). That's the reason it exists in the first place. It's meant to be an extremely rare "bonus" figure to celebrate the tenth series of the Collectible Minifigures, not an item that will be available for the average collector. And of course there are plenty of incredibly rare figures released through more limited channels-- for instance, Toy Fair and Comic-Con exclusive figures.

Of course, it's far from the rarest LEGO item released in regular sets-- in 2003, there was a BIONICLE promotion where 5,000 white metal "Krana-Kal" mask/brain pieces were randomly inserted into Bohrok-Kal sets, and furthermore 75 sterling silver Krana-Kal were randomly inserted into sets from the same series.

I think its rarity is a pretty wise choice, because there seems to be an odd strain of minifigure collectors who think that anything short of a complete collection is insufficient. The scarcity of this fig should be a pretty strong clue to these collectors that it shouldn't be thought of as an essential part of a typical collection, whereas if there were one per box I guarantee a lot of people wouldn't be willing to consider their collections complete without it.

Edited by Aanchir

I disagree. I'm not positive about the Lego community, but one per x amount box chases are still collected heavily in other areas like trading and gaming cards. People still hunt these down. What will be interesting is to see if the secondary market price on the gold chase figure is high enough to cause secondary vendors to start cracking open case after case to get one and then flip. Again this is what happens in the trading/gaming card market and it's one of the reasons you can buy so many common MTG cards for pennies. If this goes the same way, you'll be looking at the cheapest prices on the secondary market for individual figures or complete sets. The only people this hurts are the die-hard, full on collectors.

Now depending on how long this series lasts, I'm betting Lego will make more than 5K boxes when you include all markets and regions.With that in mind, this could easily end up being one per 2+ boxes. I wonder what the actual retail case size for CMF is? Are there 8-10 boxes per case? Seems like Fred Meyers usually gets in 4-5 boxes when a set first hits. This could all mean maybe one gold chase per retail case.

CCGs/TCGs are a different situation because many people end up buying a complete box or more of a particular card set, and the rarity still is not usually limited to 5,000 in total unless it's a signed card or something similar. A lot of collector's buy the 12 or 20 figures they want and not an entire case, plus a card set will often have 60 rares which means 60 packs minimum for a set, plus chases. Legos are a comPletely different realm, and the majority of collectors don't end up buying 30 figs let alone 60.

I wonder what the actual retail case size for CMF is? Are there 8-10 boxes per case? Seems like Fred Meyers usually gets in 4-5 boxes when a set first hits. This could all mean maybe one gold chase per retail case.

They come in one box at a time at my store (I'm a receiver at B&N). Some sets come in cases of 2, 3, or 4, but CMFs always come in a small "case" with one box inside.

Edited by Tragic Banjo