CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

Oh, man.....this series is better than number 9, a smart phone, a realistic Roman sword, a paint roller, what a range of accessories and minifigs.....cool hair/headwear pieces too ! :wub:

I'll getting about half of them at least.....the Roman might come in handy for my son....he's learning about the Roman empire at school right now......oh, wait May release I think....dam, don't think his class will still be studying that subject then. :sadnew:

I will have to get at least four or five of trendy girl and painter just for the accessories.....oh, yeah body parts too.....the more to chose from the better ! :grin:

Well, I need a big amount of the librarian... to collect as a giveaway ...

(Would you think, I am a librarian myself?) ;-)

This is a really great series. :thumbup: Only disappointment for me is Medusa's face and her lack of accessory. The former's preliminary design (from the parts list a while back) looked better to me. Maybe I'll luck out and it'll be dual sided with a more neutral expression on the other side.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by this series in comparison to the stellar series 9 where I ended up with over half the figures. At first glance only the Roman Commander and maybe the Medusa, Revolutionary Soldier and Warrior Woman are of interest to me. I guess if you're big into town MOCing then this series is probably of more interest and I do find the Librarian's cup amusing.

At this point I am interested in

Librarian x 1

Decorator x 2 (like the plumber from S9 the painter has a nice accessory that I can use for my hardware store MOC when I get around to building it)

Sea Captain x 1 (or maybe 2, the hat and seagull and black binoculars are cool)

Baseball Fielder x 2

Sad Clown x 1 (maybe)

Trendsetter x 1 (maybe 2, that Chihuahua is cool, as is the mobile phone)

Motorcycle Mechanic x 1 (maybe 2 because of the seriously cool head)

Grandpa x 1 (gotta add the new newspaper to my collection, not to mention the glasses face and the bald head, just wish he was happier)

Paintball Player x 2 (the paintball kit will go good in the surfing/skating/snowboarding/skiing/adventure sports/boating/camping/fishing/sports store I have been planning)

Skydiver x 2 (the parachute and helmet could also go well in the adventure store)

Revolution Soldier x 2 (the wigs would go well on a pair of lawyers to go alongside the S9 Judges and there may be other uses in my modern town too)

Not interested in the Warrior Woman, Tomahawk Warrior, Roman Commander, Medusa or Bumblebee Girl

And now that I have seen the golden guy, I have no interest in him whatsoever.

Am I he only one sensing a Terry Pratchett Diskworld fan lurking somewhere in the Lego CMF design group? That black and white Sad Clwn just screams Dr. Whiteface, guildmaster of the Fools Guild. And now that golden chase figure has a suspicious air of Moist Von Lipwig about him. Not that I'm complaining. I see the delicious workings of a Diskworld MOC in all of this.

I think my favorite by far is he Revolutionary Soldier. Just so much utility.

Am I the only one who immediately thought of Cheech Marin when they saw the Biker/Mechanic fig?

I thought of Lemmy from Motorhead!

Great series IMO. Only a couple of figs that I'm really not interested in (skydiver, painter and paintballer), several that are totally awesome (Xena, Tomahawk Dude, Librarian and the EXCELLENT Medusa, and a bunch that are not thrilling but offer solid pieces and/or variety to street scenes.

I totally need Bee Girl so I can switch out her legs for shorties and make her the Blind Lemon bee girl in the middle of a street scene.

Very excited about the seagull and chihuahua pieces!

Ultra Rarity Gold Chaser Dude is such an unspecial minifig it isn't even funny.

I love the series! The honeypot print is great looking. Everything else I adore has already been mentioned. Now lets hope the distribution for army building figs is good again!

Great, official pictures of series 10. Great, now it's gonna be harder for me to get the gold fig ( there is gonna be way to many people at the lego CMF box at the Lego store now) :hmpf_bad:

The Medusa will probably be packaged just like the Mermaid and Ocean King from the previous series in terms of the tail and stuff.

Am I the only one to think the Motorcycle Mechanic's face looks like Magnum P.I., or some 70's adult film actor? I'd get him for the tattoo for one of my Pirates figs, but that head may end up on some space station police.

Skydiver and Paintball Player are also good for Sci-Fi.

There are a bunch of other things I could say, but my least likes have to be the Baseball Fielder followed by the Grandpa. I don't count the gold fig. If by some miracle I come across one, I'll offer it up for a reasonable trade deal.

Pretty good set overall. I'm in for the Warrior Woman, Roman, Medusa, and maybe a gold man. All of those will be so easy to feel for, it's not even funny. I just have to make sure I get to the case first and it should be easy pickings.

The Skydiver looks oddly endearing, even though he has no practical use. (I mean, it'd be really hard for Lego to make a functional chute.) I'm half-tempted to have him lying in my City street, but I'll probably just have him posed on the side of my 3178 Seaplane.

Other thoughts:

- Trendsetter will probably work well on one of my City sidewalks. I'm working on a small water ice store, so I could see her sitting outside it with her iPhone.

- Decorator will go on my large billboard as though he's painting it.

- Grandpa will be running our MOC general store (which I may not unveil until next year's Winter Village contest, should EB have one).

- Roman commander will go...with my other Roman, I guess. I have a small Easter scene up in our kitchen for Lent, but Easter will be over by the time this is out.

- Bee Girl will go somewhere with the other animal-people. We still haven't found a practical use for the animals, but they've become almost like a sub-line that my daughter and I collect. (She really wants an Owl person if anyone at TLG is listening.)

- I may have to buy two revolution soldiers so I can MOC one into a Headless Horseman for Monster Fighters.

I'm not sold on the other characters yet, so we'll see.

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

Diggin' the new figs...

-The Librarian...love the 'Shhh' on the cup and 'Origins of Species' book.

-Grandpa...new bald head piece...yeah...something I can relate too...;)

-Mohican...looks bad@$$.

-House Painter...boring but useful for Town and City collector's.

-Paintballer...like the gun and splattered graphics.

-Warrior Woman...great looking fig. Love that shield graphic!

-Sea Captain...nice seagull element.

-Roman General...great looking fig. Now we have a leader to go with the Centurions.

-Baseball Player...allright, now we have the glove element to field a full squad now.

-Medusa...best of the bunch. Head piece is fantastic! Clash of the Titans Moc's here we come!

-Pagliacci..."Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But, doctor...I am Pagliacci."

-Skydiver...face graphic is fun.

-Mean Girl...hey, an iPhone element...cool.

-Bumble Bee Girl...another fun costumed fig.

-Tattoed Mechanic...tough guy fig. with tats on the arms. Great for the garages of Town and City.

-General George Washington..."If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

-Midas Figure...love to get one...hope to get one...but won't spend a ton to get one.

Ooh, the Roman is nice.

Too bad I've resolved not to buy any Collectible Minifigures until I can afford to get the full lineup of every series in one go...

Great series for sure.

Lots of nice details, but I have to single out the skydiver's flapping lips as the part that brought a big smile to my face. :grin:

I'm super jazzed about all of this series. So many options.

The recent bear could have the honey pot nearby.

It seems each new series is more and more exciting than the last. I'm loving all the accesories: the seagull is great, the honey pot and the cup which I think is new. The paint-roller the painter has looks excellent too. :wink: