CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

must buys for me:

roman commander

will also be getting these but mostly for new parts:

revolutionary soldier

grandpa

geek girl

that biker(mechanic?) bloke with the stache!

baseball guy

not the best series but not bad either :) already looking forward to next batch hehe

Great selection here. I can't find a single fig here I don't like. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm going to try and get all of them. In particular, I have no need for the golden figure; he's more or less a "bonus" for certain lucky buyers, much like exclusive BIONICLE parts like stering silver/white metal Krana-Kal and 14k gold Kanoka disks before him. His scarcity is salt in the wound for completionists if they happen to consider him essential to having a complete set, but that's the risk inherent to that kind of collecting.

It's a bit disappointing that he can be felt for, but at the same time, it's still more or less a complete enigma whether a store near you even has one of the golden figures, so there's no way that being good at feeling for the figure guarantees you'll get one.

The CITY figures look good, the Grandad, Painter, Librarian, bike Mechanic, all of those I use in CITY MOCS. The others I will try to get one of at least for completeness but otherwise I am not bothered.

So how rare is this gold figure, is there going to be one in each box or is it worse than that? It does not look like a really great figure to be honest and I think with a bit more effort they could have come up with something so much better. Still I feel the need to have one though other wise the set is not complete!

Where have you been?! Yeah there is a gold 'chase' figure in this series (in addition to the normal set of 16). Not the strongest series in my opinion but some great individual figs and parts.

I think you misconstrued what I was trying to say; of course I know there's going to be a gold chase fig in this series, I was just drawing attention to the fact that, as far as I know, this is the first we've seen it.

Anyway, my thoughts on the series:

Librarian - Well I'm just not a fan of that hair. Torso and pants look like they could come in handy for a town/city setting, and I really need a book one of these days, even if it does say Oranges and Peaches (a play on Origin of the Species eh? HaHa... fitting actually...), and the white cup with the "word" Shh... :laugh: Two white cups in this series, apparently! :look:

Painter - Love that hat, neat roller and the body is nice too. I'm not sure about the head though, would be nice to see it IRL or at least a picture of it.

Warrior - Hmm. I could see the torso and legs combo being useful, and that spear is sweet, but the face, really... shield is pretty neat though. I'd like a better view of that.

Old Sea Captain - Seagull! :wub: :wub: Black binoculars are nice, and the overall fig looks great! Love this one! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Baseball Player - Awesome fig, but minimal usefulness, just because of the genre I build in most of the time. Still, I like it!

B&W Clown - Seriously, he's pretty cute! Would go well with the mime, and I could see the black ruff coming in handy...

Girl - Well, not a fan of this one, mainly because of the hair cut. I do like the dog though.

Gold Fig - Not that great, though the top hat might be useful.

Mechanic - A nice casual suit, but other than that (the headgear mainly), a bit plain. I could see the fire on his arm working as a wound or scar though... :tongue:

Old Grandpa - Quite a nice fig! Love the paper and a bald wig (if you know what I mean) is great!

Indian - Looks great, IMO. IDK, I just like painted faces I guess...

Paintball Player - I've never played paintball, so it doesn't have that appeal to me, and as far as the fig itself - he just needs a better face!

Roman Centurion - :wub: :wub: :wub: Awesome! My favorite of the series. Love the torso, helmet red plumes, legs, fantastic face, and those short swords are always useful.

Medusa - Yikes! As they say, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all...

Sky Diver - What an expression! :laugh: Can't say I'm a fan of the lime green color scheme, but overall a nice fig.

Bee Girl - Hmm. Certainly my least favorite of the suited guys - and now gals, but the wings might be useful.

Colonial Soldier - Well, I'm not sure your average ordinary solder would be wearing a wig, but don't get me wrong, this is an awesome fig anyways! Kind of a shame it's the same brown rifle mold, as I never liked that one two much, but the rest makes up for that! :thumbup:

Interesting that the golden fig is feelable, I thought it would just be a golden version of a regular fig.

Hmm.. the warrior woman's shield is still kind of plain, but ok. She is fine though, good fig plus 2 good weapons.

The trendsetters hair is nice.

The revolutionary fighters head will make a fine elf head.

Well, I love this series. I will say this is my favorite series of the collection to date! I won't be buying all of them since I have no use for multiple of them, but the figures I do want, I will be getting multiples of. The male and female warriors, Roman, Colonial soldier..I wonder how many is too many? I hope little kids aren't wanting these because I will buy as many as I can.

I actually really like that golden figure. I won't go out of my way to get one (mostly due to high prices), but if I come across one I will end up keeping it for sure. I originally thought I would sell it, but I like how it turned out. I guess I'm the only one. And I'm glad you can feel for it (although I doubt it will be available around me). He looks like one of those street scene performers that paint themselves up. I mostly imagine silver, but I like how he turned out quite a bit. I'd rather have him as a part of the series than some of the other figures, oh well.

Full thoughts:

Librarian: Wonderful figure. I love the printed book and the coffee mug. The printing on the figure is great. And is that Ginny Weasley hair in another color?

Grandpa: A great addition, although I don't mind using the stud on top as bald. But this smooths it out quite nicely. His old timey newspaper is cute too.

Tomahawk warrior: Definitely multiples. I'd love some Mohican-esque MOCs. Although I should only get one so he can be the last..

Warrior female: I love the shield. I may get multiples just for that since it goes for so much in the aftermarket. The spear is welcome to my arsenal. They did a great job with the printing.

Roman: Definitely getting multiples. The cape, plume, gladius, and printing are all stellar. I don't know much about Roman history, but I do know they look awesome in LEGO form.

Captain: I love the seagull and the black binoculars. The hat is neat. It won't fit in with most of my themes I MOC in, but it still looks good.

Baseball player: I don't have the other one, but I'd rather have a glove than a bat anyway. I may pick this guy up for the accessory.

Medusa: WAY better than what was first imagined with the available pieces. The snake tail makes sense. The face print is exactly what I'd expect, although I'd think she should be prettier. The snake wig works perfectly.

Clown: Yes, a million times over. I can't wait to act out Seinfeld now.

Bumblebee girl: I will definitely pick up a few of her. I love the wings and helmet.

Colonial Soldier: I've been waiting for this ever since I got back into LEGO. Everyone wants the wigs and that is awesome to have, but I mostly love the torso printing. I needed a better bluecoat for so long.

Diva: I'm torn. I may pick one up for the dog and cell phone accessory, but the figure herself is a throw-away.

The golden man: I love this figure. So since everyone else hates him, if they find one, they should just mail him to me for MSRP.. I'll gladly take this guy if I can find him.

Wow! Once again TLG have blown me away with another great CMF series! Granted, it isn't the best of the lot (that honour currently belongs to Series 9), but it is a very nice series nevertheless.

The golden minifigure is very disappointing IMO. I wouldn't mind getting one but it's not something I'm particularly interested in. I would rather have the golden minifigure in a normal colour scheme rather than the golden one. As for the rest, the Roman Centurion and the Medusa are so good that they are miles better than the others IMO.

All 16 of the main minifigures (I count the golden minifigure separately) will be mine!

Wow, nice looking figures!

- Does the golden minifig remind anyone else of those gold- or silver-painted street performers you'll see in most major cities? I have definitely seen a gold-painted guy in a top hat in San Francisco, though you see a lot of things in San Francisco. :P

- Only two of the figures are smirking! This must be an all-time low for smirks in a CMF series. (the librarian seems bemused but not quite smirking)

- I hope the painter will come with a paint bucket as was rumored. I want both the new bucket piece and the bley handle. :D

Thanks GRogall!

Edited by Pellaeon

I love seeing these "reveals"!! So darn exciting!

Love the Librarian (Ginny Weasly hair in Brown) gonna have to get several of the the Ball player, the trendsetter w/new hair and the smartphone, medusa, the amazon..... I am a sucker for the female figs

I'm loving this series, I'll definitely get a full set of 16 and try my hardest to get 17 (which I doubt)

Don't know about how many of you know about the avengers film but they are releasing and ant man Fillmore in 2015 and he is rumoured to appear in the avengers 2

If so it is likely that they will make lego versions and I know that the headpiece that ant man would wear would be a new piece. But looking at this there is a chance that they might use the bumblebee costume headpiece.

Other than that series is ok but the gold figure is pretty pointless

(Ps anyone else reminded of mr monopoly from the gold figure?)

They all look really cool! I really like the Gold minifigure! He reminds me of Mr. Monopoly...

Well, I love this series. I will say this is my favorite series of the collection to date! I won't be buying all of them since I have no use for multiple of them, but the figures I do want, I will be getting multiples of. The male and female warriors, Roman, Colonial soldier..I wonder how many is too many? I hope little kids aren't wanting these because I will buy as many as I can.

I actually really like that golden figure. I won't go out of my way to get one (mostly due to high prices), but if I come across one I will end up keeping it for sure. I originally thought I would sell it, but I like how it turned out. I guess I'm the only one. And I'm glad you can feel for it (although I doubt it will be available around me). He looks like one of those street scene performers that paint themselves up. I mostly imagine silver, but I like how he turned out quite a bit. I'd rather have him as a part of the series than some of the other figures, oh well.

You, sir, are on. I really like these as well, but I don't really want the wigs for the Revolutionary soldier, I will switch them out for something else. Romans, yes please. I will also grab a Tomahawk warrior to add to my Indian village. My son will really like the Medusa as well to add to his clan of "baddies".

Great to see the series 10 image, Thank you!

My thoughts about this round:

Librarian - Decent but a bit dull, but fits of course nicely with the nerd, they even both have printed coffee mugs.

Painter - A nice addition to the city and new tool piece

Warrior Princess - Looks good and a nice shield

Sea Captain - One of my favorites, great seagull and captain hat

Baseball Player - Meh.. as a European not that interesting but at least an original new figure

Sad Clown - Very nice addition + black ruff, and will enable all to make the classic "white clown & 2 stupid clowns-trio" act

Trendsetter - Very cool figure and hair, with nice accessories in the smartphone and dog

Biker/Mechanic - Very much meh... seems below standard except the tattoo.

Grandpa - Great and funny with the new bald top piece

Native - I actually like this addition to native tribe, with the black Mohawk and tomahawk.

Paintballer - Nice paintball gun but else a bit dull

Roman - A great new addition to the Roman legion and will truly be popular

Medusa - Nice addition to the mythical creators

Skydiver - Original idea and based on previous images of the parachute back-bag piece a nice figure

Bee Lady - Perhaps the weakest of the animal suit figures but that is my opinion, still a nice addtion

Soldier - What else to say other than the hair takes the main rolle here and will make this one very popular.

Golden Figure - Not hot on this "rare figure" idea, It would have been better to let all take part in the 10 series anniversary with something all could get instead of this "treasure hunt" but at least it´s not that spectacular.

So all in all a nice series which I'll rank average compared with the previous 9 - a mix of good and less good.

Edited by Dane

I'm loving this series, I'll definitely get a full set of 16 and try my hardest to get 17 (which I doubt)

I heard there is one gold figure in each box. There is some hope.

Seeing the Roman commander . . . I'm kicking myself for not trying extra hard to get the Roman solider :(

This series looks great!

i think it would be easy to find the 'golden' chase figure, because of the top hat

So much for the golden figure being indistinguishable. I'm sure resellers will track those down quickly. Oh well, I'm just looking to collect the other 16. If I find a golden figure, I can sell it to pay for the rest of my series 10 collection.

Thanks, hopefully there is 1 guaranteed per box because I'd reckon that it would be quite easy to feel for (the top hat), if not I'd probably have to end up paying a fair bit :sad:

So much to love about this wave! :wub:

The Medusa looks even better now that we have the images, and the Revolutionary Soldier is also really good. I can't see a single bad minifig in the line up.

Thanks, hopefully there is 1 guaranteed per box because I'd reckon that it would be quite easy to feel for (the top hat), if not I'd probably have to end up paying a fair bit :sad:

I have read somewhere (I think it was in this thread earlier) that TLG will put 5000 figs in boxes all around the world, so that isn´t gonna be that is that it is in every box then!

Link to same image on Brothers Brick:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2013/01/24/series-10-minifigures-to-contain-rare-gold-minifigs/

Edited by Mencot

This is looking to be a very impressive series. Lots of figures that i am liking a lot more than i thought i would.

The expression on the skydiver is epic.

I love this series already. :P

The Baseball Catcher! :wub: I love that type of hat a lot and I really like him more than any of the others. I like it - the Stackers and the Clutchers. :P Just need a few of 'em to make a baseball game.

That Skydiver...his face is amazing. I love the expression on him! :D

The Gold Minifigure is way different from what I expected. He wears a hat. Great. Now I'll at least have something to feel for.

Another printed mug and a book for the Librarian girl-thing... :3 That's nice.

That "Trendsetter", as the preliminary names listed her as, has a nice phone and dog piece. :p

There are so many great things about the figures of this series. I can't describe my favorites for all of 'em right now, but definitely one of my favorite series.

Edited by Bobstapwns