CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

After looking at the pieced together designs on the "New CMF Parts in LEGO's parts Database?" thread, this series doesn't actually look that bad. However, I hope that the currently dreadful Medusa design dramatically improves before this series is released. Apart from that, this series actually looks decent. I can't wait for the proper pictures!

I base my ratings on this, assuming it's a correct preview.

• Sea Captain > Cool idea and nice realization, that gull (new piece I guess, am I right?) is simply lovely. 7/10.
  • Sad Clown > That was an almost identical minifig in some early series, if I remember correctly; and apart from that, I find it quite ugly-useless. 3/10.
  • Librarian > She doesn't tell me much, I can't find any interesting part on her or use for her. 5/10.
  • Grandpa > Nothing special, but still ok to me. 6/10.
  • Bumblebee Girl > Much appreciated, animal costumes are always welcome. 8/10.
  • Roman Commander > Basically the same guy from series 6, only with a slightly different helmet and without a shield: no, thanks. 4/10.
  • Warrior Woman > More fighting chicks? Yes, please. 8/10.
  • Decorator > Not exactly what I was dreaming of; but hey, I'll take one or two. 6/10.
  • Tomahawk Warrior > Excellent army building potential and great design, too. 9/10.
  • Trendsetter > I love sexy girls + I love dogs = hell yeah! 9/10.
  • Baseball Fielder > Could have been better with a hat and/or a ball. 6/10.
  • Revolution Soldier > Always had a crush on historical minifigs, especially if well made like this. 9/10.
  • Motorcycle Mechanic > Can't wait to put my hands on him and my motorcycle under him. 8/10.
  • Medusa > Two words: ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! 10/10.
  • Skydiver > Not good, not bad. 6/10.
  • Paintball Player > What the f*ck is paintball, LOL? I like the fig and mostly the gun, though. 7/10.

Edited by Lucanik-san

I base my ratings on this, assuming it's a correct preview.

• Baseball Fielder > Could have been better with a hat and/or a ball. 6/10.

I'm willing to be money that the fielder will come with at least a hat. For a ball, it is quite possible they will include a white stud, much like the series 4 hockey player's black stud for the puck.

Off topic, but Lucanik-san, I'm not sure if you were serious or not. I'm sure you were, so I will explain.

Paintball is a pretty famous 'sport' her in the United States, where people, usually in team from wht I have heard, use guns to shoot what is quite literally a ball of paint at eachother.Anybody correct me, as I have never actually played paintball myself.

It's quite popular in Germany as well. :look: Perhaps it is too warm in italy to play such sport? :wink:

Sad Clown > That was an almost identical minifig in some early series, if I remember correctly; and apart from that, I find it quite ugly-useless. 3/10.

You seem to be quite mistaken... This clown is very different from the previous clown figs. There was the Series 2 mime, who had a sad face as one of his three whiteface expressions, but who is obviously a very different comedic archetype.

Librarian > She doesn't tell me much, I can't find any interesting part on her or use for her. 5/10.

Personally, I always appreciate more civilian outfits. Also, there are startlingly few female mini figure heads with glasses, so this fills a much-needed niche.

Roman Commander > Basically the same guy from series 6, only with a slightly different helmet and without a shield: no, thanks. 4/10.

We don't know what he might have as accessories. We can't automatically assume that all the parts we saw in the series were all there would be. Meanwhile, his helmet is identical to the S6 one as far as I can tell, unless you're talking about the new plume piece which goes on top and could have many potential uses.

Baseball Fielder > Could have been better with a hat and/or a ball. 6/10.

Again, these figs are not complete. He'll almost certainly have a hat and maybe even a ball.

Paintball Player > What the f*ck is paintball, LOL? I like the fig and mostly the gun, though. 7/10.

You've never heard of paintball? Basically it's an imitation battle where players carry special guns that shoot little balls of paint instead of bullets and try to "tag" opposing players with paint. Kind of like laser tag in a way, but without a need for lots of electronics.

Paintball is simulated war. Hits from the paint pellets can leave serious bruising or worse which is why so much protective gear is needed. Usually it's played on abandoned urban locations or more commonly in woodland. Players can be very aggressively competitive.

It's quite popular in Germany as well. :look: Perhaps it is too warm in italy to play such sport? :wink:

I'll be honest, I know of Paintball only thanks to a Malcolm in the Middle episode :laugh: It's not very popular here, as far as I know of course.

So, this wave has lots of nifty things, like the gull, the tattooed arm and the trendsetter girl's torso, but overall (at least for now) there aren't many minifigs I'm interested on.

Funny we discovered Series 10 before having seen Series 9 fully. :laugh:

Hi guys,

Found a photo, don't know if it has been posted allready.

Cheers,

Pally

post-7959-0-21414200-1355669199_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pally

I was serious, didn't know that for real; I'm italian, so I guess this is the reason why. :laugh:

Thanks, anyway.

Actually I'm italian and we play a lot of paintball here too.

So I don't mean to be rude, but that's not the reason why you don't know that.

Hi guys,

Cheers,

Pally

I think they have the Mohawk hair on the wrong fig? It should be on the Native American not the biker.

Hi guys,

Cheers,

Pally

Where's the Revolution Soldier in this photo? It is replaced by that Toy Soldier?

Well, the placing of the mohawk hasn't been oficially decided yet, because it could go well with either.

The mohawk AND tomahawk will probably be with the Native American warrior... Hawk Warrior Woman will get the spear. Makes far more sense that way (seeing as Tonto is depicted with the tomahawk in the Lone Ranger teaser image)

My 2 cents: (borrowing LKS's format)

• Sea Captain > Buying multiples just for that Seagull!! 9/10.
  • Sad Clown > ALWAYS wanting more clowns! 9/10.
  • Librarian > Meh. But needed for City enthusiasts. 5/10.
  • Grandpa > LOVE the new bald-cap hair piece!! Makes bald characters look more "finished" than just leaving off the hairpiece 9/10.
  • Bumblebee Girl > Not quite sold on theexecution, but I like the concept 7/10.
  • Roman Commander > I love it! Building that Roman army one bit at a time! 9/10.
  • Warrior Woman > A friend for the Highlander I guess 8/10.
  • Decorator > Not my favorite but really well done & a must for City 8/10.
  • Tomahawk Warrior > Hope he comes with a headdress or hair piece 9/10.
  • Trendsetter > Yay! A Victim for my Monster Fighters! 9/10.
  • Baseball Fielder > Assuming it comes with a hat.Like the glove though. 7/10.
  • Revolution Soldier > Isn't this one coming with the book? Looks good 9/10.
  • Motorcycle Mechanic > Biker Bullys! 9/10.
  • Medusa > My most wished-for, a minor letdown in execution 9/10.
  • Skydiver > Meh 5/10.
  • Paintball Player > Meh again. 5/10.

Edited by MonkeyCrumb

Can anyone tell me which shade of blue the baseball player is? I am looking to make some fans for the Stackers and wanted to make sure I was buying the right shade of hats and torsos.

Can anyone tell me which shade of blue the baseball player is? I am looking to make some fans for the Stackers and wanted to make sure I was buying the right shade of hats and torsos.

It's regular Bright Blue (classic blue).

Just occured to me.

Take the Bumblebee girl's hat.

Snip off the antennae.

Paint it white.

Place hat on a stormtrooper body.

What do you get?

:grin:

Seems to me like this series won't be too interesting for me. Good news for my wallet. The bad news is that the one I want (the female scientist, because of the vials) is probably going to be rare.

The roller the painter has seems like it could be very useful for MOCs, though.

Edited by DraikNova

Seems to me like this series won't be too interesting for me. Good news for my wallet. The bad news is that the one I want (the female scientist, because of the vials) is probably going to be rare.

The roller the painter has seems like it could be very useful for MOCs, though.

Very rare - it won't exist. That figure is a Librarian, and she won't come with vials. The leading theory is that the vials are for the Series 11 Scientist.

Just occured to me.

Take the Bumblebee girl's hat.

Snip off the antennae.

Paint it white.

Place hat on a stormtrooper body.

What do you get?

:grin:

Spaceballs?