CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

No I didn't see this but this may be true!! Can you post a picture?

Yes, and what Lego store did you see this at? And do other locations have the same thing?

Yes, and what Lego store did you see this at? And do other locations have the same thing?

It was at the King of Prussia store outside Philadelphia. And NO, sorry-- in all the confusion of my kids building minifigs in a super-crowded Lego store during a weekend visit... I just plain forgot to take a picture of it.

The G-men were dark brown, with lots of white accents. I think it was a standard minifig head, but I can't entirely remember... Sorry!

EDIT: seems to be a MOC. I'm not sure, but I think this is it. I clearly remember those upside down'candy' 2x2 discs all over the roof:

http://amodularlife.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/happy-gingerbread-house/

I guess I did know that TLG features MOCs in the official stores, but I certainly forgot it at the time.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

I guess I did know that TLG features MOCs in the official stores, but I certainly forgot it at the time.

Yeah at my local store (Santa Clara, CA) they have little cubbies with MOCs in them. You have to really crouch over to see them (more accessible to little kids). Sometimes there are official sets inside, but more often than not there are cube dudes or clever little creations. I think I've spotted little notes in there crediting some of the builds to the local LUG.

Those gingerbread men do look pretty sweet (no pun intended - originally), though chances are the official ones will be considerably different (I would think light brown would be a more natural color).

I'd be willing to bet the Gingerbread Man will be Medium Nougat - it would certainly be nice to finally get hands in that color.

Let me just name the ones I want from these:

• Yeti: Hoping this will be an actual Yeti, not just a costume
  • Evil Mech
  • Lady Robot; possibly
  • Gingerbread man: So I can recreate the Ninjago scene where Kai´s hallucinating that he´s being attacked by these
  • Scientist

I want a Terracotta warrior next. I could also see LEGO making a dragon figure next, using a green version of the Vampire arms or some of the other new wing pieces LEGO´s introduced recently.

I really hope series 10 will be the last one in form that is known sp far. I would prefer if they would do friends like collectible mini sets, for some time after series 10 :(

I really hope series 10 will be the last one in form that is known sp far. I would prefer if they would do friends like collectible mini sets, for some time after series 10 :(

Sorry to say, but it seems the 11th series is already comnfirmed. And the Friends have own colectible animals series. :)

Maybe either Series 20 or 30 will be the last one because LEGO needs more ideas for the future series. If they ran out of ideas, this will be discontinued. If the theme is discontinued I hope it will be start over to Series 1 with no changes, but I hope they don't make a new Series 1.

I highly doubt there will be a Series 30, by then they would just be putting a whole bunch of random colored cheerleaders in one series if that were to happen. :laugh:

Why would they make a new Series 1 if they could just continue numerically???

As for this list, I think it is fake. There are waaay too many holiday themed figures for this to be official, IMHO. Why would they release a Gingerbread Man, Yeti, Elf, and Mrs. Claus all in one series, espescially if it is being released in August?

A lot of people are saying that the Yeti might be too small for minifig scale, but I think this would be the perfect time to bring back the long arms and legs from Toy Story. It would definitely be much more in scale with those.

If they do long legs this fig would be the easiest one to 'feel' for

As for this list, I think it is fake. There are waaay too many holiday themed figures for this to be official, IMHO. Why would they release a Gingerbread Man, Yeti, Elf, and Mrs. Claus all in one series, espescially if it is being released in August?

Well, August/September release means that the series will be on the shelves around Christmas. January release might leak to the shelves before Christmas somewhere around the world, but it's main selling months are nevertheless January-March. Santa was similarly released in Series 8. Besides, I don't see Mrs. Claus on the list, only Grandma. And I wouldn't really count Yeti as that much "holiday themed" either.

Maybe Mrs. Claus will be in Series 14. Since Santa was in S8 then in S11 has Elf, Gingerbread Man and Yeti. So we need more detailed Holiday themed minifigs such as a good Christmas Caroler, Jack Frost and the Nutcracker.

I meant more of a Winter theme. Yeti strikes as a Winter-ish minifigure to me. I must have misremembered with the Mrs. Claus. I still think the list is more-so fake. Even if the series is being released in August and will last until December, I can't imagine TLG wanting to put more than one Winter themed figure in a series. Maybe two at the most. I can imagine maybe one of them coming in Series 11 because Series 11 will be released in September, so there isn't quite a Christmas-y feel to the series, and then maybe one or two in Series 12, since they should be released Post-Christmas, so the Winter-y feel stays.

I don't see any reason to think this list is fake. This list was released with the list for series 10, and we've already seen almost all the parts for that series. While I'm disappointed with this list, I think it's legit.

http://www.brickset....rticle/?ID=5557

According to this brickset report from today's London Brickfair, series 11 is going to include...wait for it...one golden minifig in each box to encourage kids to find the golden fig. I will tackle kids to the ground to get that fig! :damn:

I think this is a ridiculous idea. As if these aren't hard enough to collect as it is :hmpf_bad: . Now it's going to be so much harder to get a complete series. I am not impressed with this :angry: .

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

http://www.brickset....rticle/?ID=5557

According to this brickset report from today's London Brickfair, series 11 is going to include...wait for it...one golden minifig in each box to encourage kids to find the golden fig. I will tackle kids to the ground to get that fig! :damn:

Let me copy the comments I made on Brickset about this:

"I know why they do it, but I do not agree with this kind of marketing that revolves around getting people to buy an excess amount of a product than they would have if they knew what they were buying. I was already disapointed in the blind packaging but there are ways around that. I know other companies do this kind of thing, but I was hoping Lego would not go this far.

Of course people will most likely find a way to identify these and the vast majority of them will wind up in the hands of resellers, who pick through boxes early in the morning, while the child collectors will wind up getting their parents to buy them 20 extra repeats of a figure they do not care about in the hope of getting this golden figure.

As long as the golden figure is just a recolored version of one of the 16, I can just ignore it. If it counts as one of the 16, I can ignore collectable minifigures completely."

"Let me also point out that the golden minifigure scheme will also be likely to increase the amount of people opening packages in the store, and in turn cause store owners to become more strict about allowing people to freely have access to the figures. Imagine how happy the people at Lego marketing would be if you had to go to the front desk at your local toy store and tell them how many minifigures you wanted to buy so they can randomly give them to you."

I think this is kind of a corrupt way to increase sales (that many other companies do as well) and I kind of hope it fails and they do not see increased earnings based on this method of marketing.

Edited by mo123567

I wanted to start a poll/discussion thread specifically about the "golden minifigure" but aparently you need 500 posts to start a poll and even after a few years, I am nowhere near. I am not sure what most people will think of it so a poll written in a non-biased way would be very interesting and informative. In the end though, I know that how much money this generates will be the deciding factor, not the oppinions of a few from the forum visiting minority of the Lego market. Still, I think it would be whorthwhile to voice our oppinion as to whether we agree with this idea of an extremely rare golden minifig as part of the CMF line. If anyone with the authority to start a poll agrees with me, I would be interested in participating.

Edited by mo123567