CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

Lucky Poland already has these guys! I just noticed that the Gingerbread Man's head looks like two cookies when viewed on the side. Hmm...

Edited by 8BrickMario

Love the Blues Brother! The barbarian is ok, and the grandma is a good addition... though her face is indeed a bit creepy!

The Elf's face isn't my favorite either. I'll replace it with the "smiling freckled child" face.

I'm excited about the standing cat piece.

It seems for every figure they botched (Waitress, Grandma's face) they have made up for with excellent figs (Scarecrow, Yeti).

Edited by 8BrickMario

Here's my thoughts on the series:

Barbarian: He looks alright, but I'm more partial to other figures.

Scarecrow: Perfect. That's the same crow from Lone Ranger, right? If so, even more perfect.

Bavarian Lady: Very cool, and a very pleasant surprise. I'm actually quite happy with how she turned out.

Evil Mech: One of the more "meh" figures for me, but I'll still get him as a completionist.

Tiki Warrior: This is exactly what I had in mind when I suggested one a few years ago, down to the neck attachment mask. I wish the mask wasn't so vibrant though. A more subtle mask would have been slightly better IMO.

Gingerbread Man: He actually looks "meh" compared to the rest of the series. I still really like him, though.

Holiday Elf: The only thing I don't like is the face. It just seems rather rat-like to me, whereas I pictured him a bit more cutesy.

Yeti: Easily top 3 in the series. One of my favorites. I don't know if there's anything I don't like about him.

Mountain Climber: Probably my least favorite. I'm not really liking the red, but it is an overall decent figure.

Welder: He looks pretty cool, but he's not the strongest figure in the series.

Scientist: She's a great figure, but I feel like the other strong figures kind of make her look more "meh".

Jazz Musician: Going to want a few of these, but will probably only get one. The sax looks great. The suit looks like something we've seen, unfortunately, IMO.

Diner Waitress: She's more flashy for my tastes, which is disappointing because I was really looking forward to her. Luckily, I still think she's an OK figure. I love that hairpiece.

Grandma: Funny thing, after getting the Hollywood Starlet, I had a pretty had time seeing how her hairpiece can make a youthful appearance (and believe me, I put in on all kinds of figures). Needless to say, each figure looked older than original. So, I can understand the hair choice. Not sure why she has a basket though. The cat's also a little blocky, IMO. A little disappointed with this figure.

Constable: A pretty good figure. he seems to not have too much detail though. Please LEGO,stop with the really bushy mustaches! Actually, I like it better on him than the Mechanic form last series, so he's alright.

Lady Robot: She's still a major meh for me.

So, I think this is my favorite series! I'm going to get them all, of course, like I always do. It looks like we're getting 15 new parts this series, which is great as well. :thumbup:

It did appear a few years ago in PotC. But it's still nice to have again. ARGH! That Scarecrow is such a good minifigure!

Ok, my thoughts:

Barbarian - Cool, I guess. I like the swords.

Scarecrow - Perfect! Love the use of the crow!

Lederhosen Lady - Yay, double braid hairpiece! I like the skirt.

Evil Mech - Not bad. I like the Blacktron appearance.

Tiki Warrior - The way they had the mask on as a neck piece is absolutely brilliant! I can also get the Islander hair piece again!

Gingerbread Man - Love it! The cup is hilarious!

Elf - Meh. The ears and face ruin it. It's nice we get a new teddy print and the gift was a surprise. Heh...

Yeti - Another awesome figure! The inclusion of a popsicle is funny.

Mountain Climber - Eh. I like the rope piece.

Welder - The helmet is cool. I know a friend of mine will love this.

Scientist - Not exciting. But that is a new hand color, the Yeti uses it too.

Jazz Musician - This was completely different than I expected. I love the face and the sax!

Waiter - I was expecting a different appearance, but this was also what I was looking for. Love the hair and the PINK rollerblades!

Grandma - Why are the eyes so small? The cat is awesome, but I'm not getting the basket.

Constable - Love it! Can't say much else, though.

Lady Robot - Blech. No.

Another AWESOME series!! I guess I might as well start on the emotes for the sig collection... :wink:

-Sci

Thanks for the pictures!

There are quite a few really good minifigs in Series 11, I especially like the Bavarian Girl and the Tiki warrior. I'm a bit surprised about the lack of any "army-building"-minifigs, but since there are rumors about S11 not coming to Sweden I guess I should be happy that it will be easier to bricklink just a full set and no extras.

Grandma - Why are the eyes so small? The cat is awesome, but I'm not getting the basket.

I think all of her facial features are too small, and the mouth is just messed-up. Cats like baskets.

Thanks for the pictures! It's great to see this series. For some reason I get more excited to see these than a lot of other themes...

Onto my thoughts:

I will automatically get a complete set, that's just the "norm." But even if it wasn't, I still think I would pick up a complete set. While this is not the best series, it still has good variety, plus no major army builders for me, unlike that revolutionary soldier from last series...

I actually really like that barbarian, so I will definitely pick up one or two.

The scarecrow looks decent, but I'd want one more menacing to scare off those crows...granted, he does need to be kid friendly I guess.

I love the hair and skirt on the bavarian girl..but does this mean we will see her undergarments like the bagpiper? :blush:

The Blacktron Space mech is actually a lot better than I originally thought and will pick up a few of him, and I'm not that into space.

The tiki mask is a great update from the original Islander theme, so this will fit right in. Good call TLG.

The gingerbread man is neat, but I probably only need a few of him for a Christmas house display.

The elf is neat, but I don't like that face. Is that the same teddy as the new winter village? This one has a bowtie on.

The yeti is cool, but I probably will just get the standard one. I assumed it was a single headpiece though.

The mountain climber doesn't do much for me, but I need him for the set. The rope is cool.

The welder mask and bottle are both really cool. I don't have much use for him, but I like the pieces.

The female scientist is great. I can always use more smart females in my city. I like the use of that color for latex gloves.

The Blues Brother is awesome. He is a must buy.

Even though she is in all yellow, I'll definitely get at least 2 of the waitress. That head and hair are awesome. My wife will go crazy for the cat eyes. And is that strawberry new?

The grandma is neat, but the best part is the cat. Yes, it looks blocky, but I'll take the variety.

The constable is awesome. I wouldn't mind getting a few of him, just for the helmet alone.

And the lady robot is okay, but I'll get a few I'm sure.

I try to buy at least one set for me and at least all of the females for my daughter. I am thankful there aren't any army builders in this series since I spent way too much on the last series.

Well the Scarecrow is obviously not menacing...one crow definitely isn't scared of him! And we already have a creepy scarecrow from the DC Universe. I just noticed that he (S11's of course) has tan hands. That is just ice cream in the Waitress's cup.

For me, these are all fantastic, aside from the Barbarian, Scientist, Lady Robot and Evil Mech, which all seem like tired repeats of similar characters in earlier series.

Bavarian Girl gets a pass because of that new hair and cloth apron.

I just got a bad suspicion. I'm worried that the Yeti's head/chest piece will be rubber. Just something about it. I don't think I'm right, but you never know...

Oh, this is good, very good series of collectables. :grin:

Now doesn't the jazz musician remind you of someone from oh, say.....The Blues Brothers ! :grin:

Cool welder :grin: , waitress :grin: , oh, there are too many cool figures this time round.....I can't wait for them to Oz shores ! :grin:

Actually I can't wait for the next CMS contest here on EB ! :grin:

My thoughts:

1 - Barbarian. :( I expected a cape... or a better weapon. Disappointed.

2 - Scarecrow. EXCELLENT! One of the best CMF EVER!

3 - Lederhosen. Very good! Too bad for the pretzel again!

4 - Evil Mech.. -.- really did we need this guy?

5 - Tiki Warrior... MINE! Shut up and take my money!

6 - Gingerbread man... Dunno... not my kind.

7 - Christmas Elf ... Not my kind eather. But nice tho.

8 - Yeti - Nice, but I would have done a removable head...

9 - Climber. LOVE THE ROPE. Hope they do it in brown!

10 - Welder. Very nice!

11 - Scientist. Maybe I will use this for the flasks

12 - Blues Brother. EXCELLENT. I am not into this kind of minifigure, but love it!

13 - Waitress - Excellent hairpiece!

14 - Grandma. I love it!

15 - Bobby. Very nice!

16 - Robot. UGLY!

The Waitress's hairpiece is good, but the face is reminds me of Series 8 Laughing Cheerleader with a glasses.

I was worried about how the Barbarian was going to look, but now seeing the pictures I'm really happy with how he looks. Him, the Scientist, and possibly the Scarecrow are must haves for me, and I may get the Gingerbread Man and Elf just to put next to my Santa with the tree, chimney, and bow of presents from one of the old advent calendars (from 2006, I think...). :grin:

Thoughts from me?

I love the German girl, she's my favorite! :wub: Her and the elf are adorable! :grin: The elf hairpiece can be used for a Toon Link and maybe Young Link. Blues Brothers reference is cool. Granny is very useful, besides Aunt May there aren't much older females. Yellow on yellow on the diner girl is ugly, but the hairpiece is cool and has its niche. Welder is still phenomenal. The rest are decent, not too much a fan of Gingy/Frosty, but I'm a fan of the Scarecrow. It's useful, not like the Batman version, and uses Tonto's crow.

Edited by just2good

Great to see an S11 Scarecrow fan club. I guess he exceeded everyone's expectations. In truth, he was not at all what I was expecting, but he turned out far better than I could hope. It's good to see that someone likes the Barbarian, since not many people do (at least so far). It's funny how LEGO keeps treading the line between blatant and named/licensed references to people with the Starlet and the Jazz Musician. The Gingerbread Man seems to shrink on me, because the dots to represent gingerbread bother me, and his head is a sandwich cookie...and no candy cane. Lowering my rating on him to a 6/10. I should probably shut up now, but please, no one affirm that! :grin:

Edited by 8BrickMario

Thanks for the pictures, these all look amazing and its perhaps the best series we have ever had IMO, I can't wait to pick these up. :classic:

All I can say is YES YES YES.

I WILL be buying multiples of that Jazz Musician with the Saxophone (which is now on my list of the coolest minifig accessories of all time)

And the sunglasses head and suit jacket torso are great too.

Will buy 2 of the Welder, 2 of the scientist, 1 waitress, 1 mountain climber and 1 grandma. Probably 1 of the British cop (I cant see having a use for more than one and its just not as cool as the previous cop with the badge tile and cop hat)

This is looking like the series I will be buying the least from compared to other series (not that that's a bad thing when I have to save the pennies for the BTTF set, Octan race truck, City Cargo sets and more :)

Looking at the figs though I can see the guy with the mask being a very popular army builder with Pirate fans as a way to expand their Islanders collection. And I can see the Waitress is a great representation of the stereotypical Waitress you see in all the TV and movies anytime you see one of those old drive-in restaurants where the waitresses bring the food out to your car.

New molds this time are the Scarecrow hat, German girl hair (not sure 100% if its new or not, cant tell from the picture), Islander mask, gingerbread man head, Elf hat/ears, Yeti head, Mountain Climber rope, Welder mask/welding torch, Saxophone, Waitress hair, Grandma hair and cat plus the British cop hat and truncheon.

The Grandma has a recolored version of the Hollywood Starlet's hair. I just had to point that out. :classic: And the Bavarian Lady does have a new hairpiece which most likely has two braids.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Wow wow wow! Miss a day and I missed a ton, ill go through my thoughts more completely tomorrow but I want to lead with I really want the sax! Also, everyone did pretty good with their guesses on this forum...nice. I love it!

Favorites: Constable and Scarecrow

Want:

Bavarian Girl

welder

Blues Brother X2

Might be nice:

Barbarian

Tiki Warrior

Holiday Elf

Grandma

Scientist

Waitress (but I would have to switch out heads. Yikes)

The only army builder for me is the Constable.

When the list of minifigs was first leaked, I planned on skipping the series. That is no longer the case.

Great to see the the complete set! My favourites are the scarecrow, the tiki warrior and the bobby.