CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

Why is this thread dead? Picked up another Tiki today.

Could be that people have a lot on their plate. The series 13 being a licensed theme is not setting very well with some, there's talk of next years themes that have people distracted, also some people are burnt out on the series and could have stopped collecting or scaled back, could be tied up with personal projects, could have other hobbies to worry about, etc. personally it's a matter of I got 2 series 11 and that's it for me. Once I started sorting out minfigures into the new storage, I realized just how much money I spent on figures that I don't even need.

Finally got 4 new ones today.

Gingerbread Man, Mountain Climber, Lady Robot and the Scarecrow.

I was in the middle of filming the opening but I was very rudely interrupted, so I just turned off the camera and opened the last 2 up.

Love this Gingerbread Man, though.

-Sci

Isn't 1337 code for leetspeak?

Indeed, and that's why they put it, but it's still a cute coincidence that they kinda look alike. :grin:

http://www.mirror.co...le-real-2327168

Hah, quite a funny coincidence.

Indeed, and that's why they put it, but it's still a cute coincidence that they kinda look alike. :grin:

I came across this thread after picking this guy up today, and being curious about the number and the letters on the badge. Wikipedia indicates that the French constabulary was "regularized as a military body in 1337". I assume that's the real reason for the number. I still haven't figured out the JCF, since he doesn't look like a Jamaican police officer (Jamaica Constabulary Force). I did see a blog post where someone speculated that it might be the designers initials. I still think there may be some other historical element to it though.

With two welders, two climbers, an Yeti, a lady robot and a jazz musician among the first seven packs on last saturday morning (October 12th)...that's quite a good beginning for my hunt, but still not excellent.

Since it was released in September Walgreens are still does not have them except they just put the sign and the price, but nothing is there. I don't know if they will restock them or just hiding them for no reason?

Since it was released in September Walgreens are still does not have them except they just put the sign and the price, but nothing is there. I don't know if they will restock them or just hiding them for no reason?

My walmart put up a corner box, sold out in 2 days, and promptly removed all signs of them. If I'd not seen it I'd have thought they ne'er stocked them.

I still have not been able to find these anywhere in stores! I traditionally go to my local Fred Meyer when minifigure series are released, and buy an entire box. For one, this guarantees that I'll get a full set, and have extras to sell or trade at a later time, too. But my Fred Meyer still hasn't gotten Series 11 in yet, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere else, where I can buy them without having to do it at random online, with no guarantees as to what I'll get.

I have managed to get:

1 Barbarian

1 Scarecrow

2 Evil mech

1 Tiki warrior

1 Welder

1 Scientist

1Jazz musician

1 Grandma

I live near to a walgreens (walking distance) and i never knew they sold lego yet alone the CM`S.

I know mr gold has finally started to fade but I noticed this while browsing eBay for other CMF deals:

http://bit.ly/15Mre0Y

For those not interested in following links, basically the title reads "one pack wins mr gold!" but if you read the description it says "You are buying ONE package of a Lego minifigure series 10. I have never felt these but I think by the bump codes I may have a Mr. Gold! So I will pick these at random and someone might get Mr. Gold! Good luck".

This seems shameful and deceitful to me. To top it, the photos include an opened mr gold photo!

What people won't do for a buck.

With two welders, two climbers, an Yeti, a lady robot and a jazz musician among the first seven packs on last saturday morning (October 12th)...that's quite a good beginning for my hunt, but still not excellent.

Meanwhile I managed to get a total of thirty-two more packs.

Scarecrow and grandma seem to be pretty hard to find, since they're the only two missing from my S11 collection at this point.

Well, several weeks late, I finally found the time and patience to type out my (not so) humble opinion on these figs. I don't actually have any yet, the store I usually go to actually had some series 3 boxes put out (picked through, though...). Anyway, if anyone wants to read yet another post full of opinions, here goes:

1) barbarian – Nice fig. If the designers came out with it earlier, it would have been a hit, but now that we've got a highlander, a Viking and a gladiator, it does seem to be missing a spark. But I think the dark-age swords suit him OK, though it would have been nice if he had come with Dastan's double scabbard, or a round shield.

2) scarecrow – Nice fig, not sure if the crow wouldn't be better with a stud like the seagull. Apart from the crow, I'm most excited about the hat.

3) bavarian girl – Nice versatile fig, a mug (brown or clear, not necessarily full of "beer", so the moral guardians wouldn't be upset) would make her even nicer, but the pretzel is rare enough to be a welcome accessory. Not a big fan of cloth skirts, but why not.

4) evil mech – OK fig. Another nice throwback to Blacktron, now if TLG actually gave us the whole theme...

5) tiki warrior – Great fig, my favorite of the series. Great printing, and the mask is cute and intimidating all at once.

6) gingerbread man – OK fig, not a big fan of his head. Shame we didn't get a candy cane. More funny/cute/interesting than useful.

7) christmas elf – Don't really like the face. Like many people the hat reminds me of Link of Zelda, you just need to turn the hat around – I wonder what effect this will have on a Zelda license the CUUSOOsphere is clamoring for. I find the torso interesting for historical MOCs, and of course the gift tiles are useful too.

8) yeti – His cuteness is inversely proportional to his usefulness to me.

9) mountain climber/rescue – Unappealing to me, shame the desingers didn't give him the ice pick from the arctic theme.

10) welder – Nice torso for historical workers, and interesting accessories.

11) scientist – Why not, but I'm still hoping for an Einstein-like scientist.

12) jazz saxophonist – I was imagining more of a New Orleans mardi gras or vaudelville feel for the fig, but still ok. This makes the fig more versatile. The sax is beautiful.

13) diner waitress – Interesting experiment with the yellow-on-yellow, but not too succesful IMO. I think some kind of light blue would have suited her better. Or at least the torso and pants could have been given a pattern, e.g. stripes, to make it look more like clothing.

14) grandma – Useful generic fig, if unexciting. Glad to see from White Fang's review that the cat fits in the basket – the basket seemed to small to me. Though I would have appreciated a new-colored pie more.

15) constable – Nice fig. Glad the designers didn't use the old pith helmet. Pleasantly surprised about the truncheon. I'm also surprised it took eleven series to get such an iconic fig, but better late than never. I assume the 1337 signifies a date as was suggested above, rather than "leet".

16) lady robot – Completely unapplealing to me, even more so than the original „male“ toy robot, and that's saying something.

Overall a good, solid series, I didn't think going the way of licensed series was necessary, but oh, well.

I still have not been able to find these anywhere in stores! I traditionally go to my local Fred Meyer when minifigure series are released, and buy an entire box. For one, this guarantees that I'll get a full set, and have extras to sell or trade at a later time, too. But my Fred Meyer still hasn't gotten Series 11 in yet, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere else, where I can buy them without having to do it at random online, with no guarantees as to what I'll get.

Since Series 3 I've been buying complete boxes on Ebay. I haven't been scammed, and have been happy enough. The ones I ordered were slightly over list (because I ordered late... like last week), but with free shipping it worked out better than buying locally with taxes.

Aside from that, I hope people with duplicates/extras are perusing the CMF trading thread... I have a LOT of figures from most of the series, including complete sets from series 4 that I will trade for a variety of things.

Now that I have them in hand, though, I'll go ahead and throw my two cents in about the series.

The barbarian is OK, but I feel like I'm getting over these fighting figures... I don't know what to do with a barbarian, on top of Celtic warrior, Aztec Warrior, etc., etc., but they are great to complement each other in my display.

The scarecrow - I really like the scarecrow, and I have some third party tree parts in fall colors that will go nicely with a scarecrow MOC; it's a pity there's only two. The crow on the hat looks terrible, though.

The Bavarian women, evil mech, and clockwork robot are really only nice as complements to previous figures; the same is true of grandma, but I can at least see a MOC in her with red riding hood, wolf, and lumberjack. I will probably do a small 8x8 with both clockwork robots as bride and groom, though.

The waitress is decent to add to a city layout.... some nice pieces with the skates and her hair, I guess, but I have to shrug over them.

The tiki warrior is just damn cool... I have no idea what to do with it, though.

The elf, gingerbread man, and yeti all score places on my Christmas city/train layout, so I'm really liking them... along with the CMF Santa (which is better than the ones that normally come with sets). I think I will have a small mountain to add the mountain climber to, also... six of them is just a stupid amount in the box, though. I'm really disgusted with the distribution. A side note on the Yeti - take away the stupid ice pop and he's actually formidable looking enough to make a nice bloody mountain scene with a couple of those climbers, so that's cool.

The welder is cool, but six is a ridiculous amount, too. The mask is cool; the torch is fairly unique - would have been nicer to be able to attach a flame, though.

Let's see... the lady scientist, which I really like; we need more serious women in these sets. I'm not one of those people whining about lack of female figures in sets, and given the demographic I don't think you necessarily need parity, but diversity is pretty hard in LEGO layouts, so female figures are always nice to get.

The constable is neat, a nice addition to the number of policemen we've already gotten, but I don't know what to do with him.

Then, of course, my favorite... the Blues Brother. Call him "Jazz Musician" all you want, he's obviously a Blues Brother. Having only two in a box is borderline criminal. I am desperately searching for more... I need at least three more (I don't need the Sax, though).

I am having trouble finding the bavarian girl minifigure. I've felt bag after bag and have come across everyone multiple times. But for the life of me I can't find her. She should be easy seeing that the pretzel piece would be easy enough to identify. For those who have her, am I missing something in looking for her? Is the pretzel wrapped in her skirt some how? Thanks.

I am having trouble finding the bavarian girl minifigure. I've felt bag after bag and have come across everyone multiple times. But for the life of me I can't find her. She should be easy seeing that the pretzel piece would be easy enough to identify. For those who have her, am I missing something in looking for her? Is the pretzel wrapped in her skirt some how? Thanks.

She's very rare to find. When I first got the Scientist, I keep feeling each bag for the Pretzel piece. I got three of her and the pretzel is not wrapped in her skirt.

No, the pretzel is separate in the bags I've felt. I've felt a couple of her, and I determine it's her by feeling the pretzel.

Now that makes some sense. I've gone through boxes looking for her. I'll just keep looking for her. Still got some time before the movie figures come out. Thanks for the info guys. Yea, the pretzel should stand out. That's the main piece I feel for.

Edited by Ridge Montante

I got the Lady Robot today, and can't find any reason why anyone wouldn't like her. But hey, an opinion is an opinion. I must say though, I'm starting to get very confident in the figures I feel for, so far every series 11 minifig I bought, I knew and identified. I also felt the pretzel girl today, or so I think. I felt a small little lump, small enough to fit on a minifig head with two rubbery little braids attached. Can anyone tell me if the pretzel girls hair is rubbery, and confirm whether or not I felt right? I also felt the welder today, I felt him everytime I go shopping (no dirty jokes please) but never got him. Does any one here think it was a miss for me not to get the fig, and have gotten the lady robot instead?

I got the Lady Robot today, and can't find any reason why anyone wouldn't like her. But hey, an opinion is an opinion. I must say though, I'm starting to get very confident in the figures I feel for, so far every series 11 minifig I bought, I knew and identified. I also felt the pretzel girl today, or so I think. I felt a small little lump, small enough to fit on a minifig head with two rubbery little braids attached. Can anyone tell me if the pretzel girls hair is rubbery, and confirm whether or not I felt right? I also felt the welder today, I felt him everytime I go shopping (no dirty jokes please) but never got him. Does any one here think it was a miss for me not to get the fig, and have gotten the lady robot instead?

Personally I went straight for the welder, he is easy to find and will be cheap on eBay if you ever want him but I really like his design! Neat parts and a good design.

I can confirm that pretzel girl's hair is rubbery. The welder is very fine, but you'll have plenty of time to buy it since they made really too many copies of it.