CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

Hey I really like that waitress! I like the angry face and the glasses... that head can be useful for a teacher :wink:

The waitress with angry face reminds me of gruff voiced Roz from Monsters Inc. "Wazowski!"

"I'm watching you, Wazowski...

...Always watching...

...always."

:laugh:

-Sci

Waitress, I think it is not going to be a lot worse than the haz mat suit. Still, they should have gone with red or blue. The big bad mistake is that she is wearing shorts, so the yellow rectangles to signify her legs will really fail because of the color. But the face and hair make up for it.

Edited by vexorian

So, they decide to take a backside and profile picture for Lady Robot, the one fig almost nobody is interested in and which doesn't have anything new on the back. Are they messing with us on purpose? :sceptic:

Hey I really like that waitress! I like the angry face and the glasses... that head can be useful for a teacher :wink:

Agreed. That or some old curmudgeonly principal type.

Wow! The pics have finally come! :wub:

Barbarian: Nice new fig. Useful Torso and legs. I like that hair, and if I didn't already have two of it, I'd be very pleased to finally see it in black in a cheap set. I love the arms, and may actually have to get multiples just for them.... maybe. The accessory is disappointing though. Two gladiator swords? Not a bastard sword or a spiked chain, or an axe or something that says "Barbarian"? Even the new castle sword in a new colour like flat-black or flat-bley, would have been preferable to two same-colour gladius'. :sceptic: I'm sure to get 1, but maybe just 1.

Scarecrow: :wub: My favorite figure of the wave. Before I saw this, I was worried I'd have to army build Tonto to get those crows, something I did not want to do. Now, I'm going to army build the Scarecrow. I'm thinking of getting 5 or more. Not only is the figure just perfect (the hat, the clothes, and the sewed-on smile represent the archetypical scarecrow 100% accurately, right down to the patches and sticking-out straw), but it comes with that beautiful crow that I simply must have a murder of. It's not debatable. I'm getting 5+.

Bavarian Woman: My second favorite of the wave. Even better than the Bavarian man, IMO. Her torso is stunning, the big black shoes, great. The choice of dress-piece is a little iffy, since the piece never folds right on my bagpiper, but that's forgivable. The new hair is perfect for a bavarian woman, and has many other uses. My one semi-complaint on the figure as a representation of an archetype, is the pretzel piece as opposed to two+ flasks of beer, but that said, I actually prefer the return of the pretzel due to its usefulness and already having several glasses, but merely one pretzel. (a complaint I will reverse with the Blacktron mech). Certainly getting 1, but maybe more. :sweet:

Blacktron Mech: An all around exceptional figure. I think the fig looks cool and evil, with the multitude of lime decals on the legs and arms and the 'target aquiring' face. I really want to see the torso decal. I hope it is useful for blacktron infantry, like Rench's was. I love the armour too, and haven't gotten a chance to get one yet, as I'm ambivalent about getting the Jet-Jaguar-esque 'good' mech. (might have to now after seeing Pacific Rim though.) The blacktron symbol on the armour is great! :devil: I love its modern-meets-retro look, which is boosted exponentially by the return of the ancient gun piece. That said, I have many of the piece, so I'm not as impressed by its presence here. If the piece were different, xe might have made it higher on my list of favorites. Getting at least 1, but likely more, so, really, I'm getting 1+.

Tiki Mask Man: Wonderful! I'm very pleased to see a modern take on the Retro Islander. The grass skirt legs are a great nod to the original Islander, and the Torso and Mask are beautifully painted. The old Islander hat was really made for that bone piece, so I'm so happy the connection is finally official. :sweet: And, they're re-using the old spear piece too! Great stuff. I'll get at least 1 of this fig.

Gingerbread Man: Alright figure. I have to say I'm not the most enthusiatic to see it, but I suppose it's an alright addition to the collection. It had to happen eventually, right? The mug is pretty bad, and almost sounds like an unintentional inuendo. :sadnew: I would have liked to see a holdable cookie piece as an accessory (like a chocolate-chip printed tan 1-1 round tile), or a few technicolour gumdrop buttons or something else clever like that, but I'll live. I might get 1.

Holiday Elf: I don't love the figure itself, but it's very useful. The present-printed tile is great, as is the bear that I missed along with most of that series. I can see the torso being useful in castle, somehow, and the hat has clear use. :thumbup: I'll get 1, and maybe more if I find a need for them.

Yeti: Yeti 'nother figure I need! :grin: I love the thing, and really want that popsickle piece! Good job TLC! :thumbup: I'll get at least 1.

Mountain Man: I love the figure, but I don't need him. I have no complaints, apart from that he'd work better with the ice-pick piece. The new cable's great! I might get 1, for the cable and red helmet.

Welder: Beautiful. I'll get him for the mask and equipment, but I don't need any more figures with overalls, and I think TLC might have gone a bit too far overboard on decaling for this one. I really want to see his head. I'll get 1.

Scientist: As a scientist-in-training, this is my third favorite figure. While I did join the complaining about her hair, it realy is the perfect hair-piece for a lab scientist. The coat is perfect, the face is great, and I love the two new vials. I may get up to 3 of her.

Sax Man: Brilliant all-round. The suit is great, the head is jazzy, the fedora is great. The sax itself is a bit chunky looking to me, but AMAZING nonetheless. I'm so pleased to finally have a Lego sax. :thumbup::wub: I'll get atleast 1.

Diner Waitress: It's a hit or miss, and it's a miss. I don't like the colour torso, or the hair, really. The white serving plate is alright, but un-needed. The pink rollerskates are garish, but I suppose that's the point. The icecream is the only part I really like. I might get 1, but I have my doubts.

Cat-loving Granny: It's not a bad figure, but I wish they took it a different way, and made it work more with the granny visitor. I really don't like the new cat. It's disgusting, but It's here to stay, I imagine. The hair is useful, and the pants in that colour are nice... and you can never have too many baskets. She reminds me of someone I know in real life. I'll probably get 1.

Constable: The figure is nice. It really captures the archetype well, with the short beating stick and whatnot. I don't know why a constable has the number 1337 instead of a sci-fi fig, but oh well. I'll probably get 1.

Female Robot: Robot hooker. Seriously. :grin: This was a bad idea on Lego's part, IMO, but I'll get 1. :devil:

39858515.jpg

My sentiments exactly.

For some strange reason that bavarian girl reminds me of japanese anime >.< I'm getting really fond of the gingerbread man! Those dots make him look real and edible :tongue:

I thought exactly the same thing! She strongly reminds me of the shepard from Spice and Wolf (even though they're quite different.)

http://00avalon.file...1-58-50-45.jpg

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I don't like the Gingerbread Man as much as I would if it were more colorful. Red and green gumdrop buttons would much improve the figure, since it's all browns and white. The mug is funny, but not optimal, I'll take it, but would have preferred (as I'm sure many will agree) a candy cane as well. I don't think I could find anything wrong with the message on the mug (besides cookie suicide *huh* ), but it's single-use, as are all of the printed mugs, which sort of bothers me, that the mugs are over-specialized when printed for a character.

I should stop trying to find things to say about the Gingerbread Man now, but at least the minifig isn't racist!

Edited by 8BrickMario

I'm actually a little disappointed in this series. Some surprised me and I will definitely have to buy some. However others especially the grandma were a big disappointment.

This serie shares the 2nd place with serie 9, with serie 10 as my favorite.

I like 15 out of 16 minifigs, the only one that I have that meeeeh feeling about is the space/mech thing - they all looks the same to me.

I really hope that I can get an entire box with 60 minifigs.

I think the Bavarian would have been better with an axe like what the Viking, Minotaur and Evil Dwarf had.

Or maybe the big hammer piece from Thor and Monster Fighters.

Or even just a larger sword than the tiny ones he ended up with.

I think the Bavarian would have been better with an axe like what the Viking, Minotaur and Evil Dwarf had.

Or maybe the big hammer piece from Thor and Monster Fighters.

Or even just a larger sword than the tiny ones he ended up with.

Oh, you mean the BaRBarian! I had no idea at the middle of your post, why you want to give such fearful weapons to that lovely girl.

Oh, you mean the BaRBarian! I had no idea at the middle of your post, why you want to give such fearful weapons to that lovely girl.

Ha! Agreed! :laugh:

But, yes, almost any other medieval weapon would have been better. Even the caveman club would have been preferable.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This is one series where all the minifigures are a must have especially the yeti and multiple elves.

Barbarian: Cool. I would have rather had a slightly smaller belt and a double baldric though. (*cough* He-man *cough*) Looks like the first fig that will work good to mix and match parts with the Gladiator to make multiple different Gladiators (with the helmet) and Barbarians (with the hair).

Scarecrow: Its the figure I didn't even know I wanted. It just begs to be given a crown and seated on the throne of the Emerald City.

Bavarian Woman: I would have prefered an actual printed dress slope but other wise exactly what I was hoping for.

Blacktron Mech: Why does he use puke green with the old school (better) logo. If he had yellow accents and a red laser he would have been the army builder. The only thing that interests me on this figure is the Triple Triangle logo. If its yellow I could see getting a few for the armor piece alone. If its puke green... well maybe one for the cadets (blacktron 2 figs) target practice.

Tiki Mask Man: Oh, yeah. Will try to get several of these to serve as King Kahuka's soldiers.

Gingerbread Man: One or two for the winter layout, kinda meh.

Holiday Elf: He look straight out of the classic Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer special. I will try to get several of theese guys for Santa's workshop.

Yeti: One or two for the winter layout, kinda meh. Blue popsicle though.

Mountain Man: Wow cool rope.

Welder: Woo hoo. Best town worker in the line. I have wanted a welding mask for ages.

Scientist: Exactly what a modern day corporate scientist should look like.

Sax Man: Wow cool saxaphone. Oh hey look there's a good mobster there too.

Diner Waitress: The real picture looks much better. This fig would have been A+ in light pink instead of light yellow. I love light yellow as a building color but yellow never looks right as clothing on a yellow skinned figure. Everything else about the figure is awesome though. I will still have to get a few for my dinner.

Cat-loving Granny: Awesome new cat. Cool crazy cat lady figure. That hair looks awesome in gray and the sweater is epic.

Constable: Very cool. As for the 1337 "leet" thing. Wow everyone seriously! Write the number 1337 down on a piece of paper and turn it upside down. :wink:

Female Robot: What the heck? :wacko:

Edited by Lord Insanity

Constable: Very cool. As for the 1337 "leet" thing. Wow everyone seriously! Write the number 1337 down on a piece of paper and turn it upside down. :wink:

Female Robot: What the heck? :wacko:

I know what it means. 1 70\/3 7331. 7331 15 |\/|4D |-|4XX0Rz. That said, I think it would fit a Sci-fi fig or a punk computor Hacker type better. It would have beet nice on the computer Nerd's mug for example.

I know. :sadnew:

That was one female corespondant that didn't have to be made... particularly since robots lack gender. Also, way too much make-up/sex indicators. :laugh: I can't believe they're selling that to children. :grin:

I don't like the Gingerbread Man as much as I would if it were more colorful. Red and green gumdrop buttons would much improve the figure, since it's all browns and white. The mug is funny, but not optimal, I'll take it, but would have preferred (as I'm sure many will agree) a candy cane as well. I don't think I could find anything wrong with the message on the mug (besides cookie suicide *huh* ), but it's single-use, as are all of the printed mugs, which sort of bothers me, that the mugs are over-specialized when printed for a character.

I should stop trying to find things to say about the Gingerbread Man now, but at least the minifig isn't racist!

I too would have prefered a candy cane, or a candy cane coloured lightsaber piece. That might have made this figure worth buying for me. Maybe we'll see a candycane girl in a later series with the cane instead. :sweet:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

LOVE Granny and her cat, will get at least 6 (mainly for the new cat) Love the scarecrow and crow, yea! another bird.

That looks like an elf who understands the importance of a good dentist.

... and an abominable snow mons... I mean, "Yeti."

I think a suitable Yukon Cornelius is possible (especially with the ice pick accessory), and we already have Santa. Now we just need reindeer.

Love the Blacktron Mech! And my Second Doctor will get a Yeti. :-)

This is a great series, with fun characters and lots of useful bits. I honestly like them all, except for the Scarecrow and Female Robot, both of which I find kind of creepy. I suppose the Female Robot would be superb as the maid in a Jetsons moc...

Hmmm... the Jetsons' maid, a waitress from Happy Days, Jake from the Blues Brothers, Conan the Barbarian, a Yeti from Classic Doctor Who, and the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz... kind of a TV/film theme going on here. How many other figs from this series are straight out of Hollywood/BBC?

The Lady Robot doesn't resemble Rosie the Robot at all. It's not even a maid. Rosie has always been my favorite Jetsons character, so I get picky about "female robot=Rosie the Robot Maid" comparison. It's not to be mean, just to clear things up.

rosie.png

Wow looking at Rosie, we probably could have received another white ruff piece from the Actor to get more mileage out of that piece.

I don't mind the female robot, but this is a bit over the top. The only thing I can think is maybe this was one of Olivia's inventions from the Friends line. It would fit in there just fine.

I will still pick up a few, like always, but she could have been better.

Wow looking at Rosie, we probably could have received another white ruff piece from the Actor to get more mileage out of that piece.

I don't mind the female robot, but this is a bit over the top. The only thing I can think is maybe this was one of Olivia's inventions from the Friends line. It would fit in there just fine.

I will still pick up a few, like always, but she could have been better.

Please. Olivia's not nearly as "girly" as that robot. :tongue: Definitely could have been handled better, IMO. But, as I always say, When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. My Space Pimp just got new merchandise. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Brick Daddy could use the Lady Robot as a servant, as Dannylonglegs said a while ago on this thread, on page 13. And I thought the same earlier on, that the Lady Robot could be one of Olivia's creations:

She would work well in Friends, as Olivia's second robot creation, maybe?

Yep, I remembered correctly!

Edited by 8BrickMario