CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

I doubt it is. The side of it in the picture looks more pixelated, like it is a cloth piece. A cloth apron/skirt is better, anyway. It wouldn't feel right if it were plastic.

Do we think the pretzel girls skirt is cloth? It looks solid somehow, which would be a new approach.

Like the minifigure master 8BrickMario (you have a huge passion for CMFs! :tongue: ), it has to be cloth. And, just think- why wouldn't it be? It's cheap for LEGO, and though I'm not a fan of cloth skirts, it's much better than if it was plastic.

Edited by just2good

*cough cough* Hosting a CMF mafia game, do I count as passionate? :grin: *cough*

Thant said, it is cloth. You can see very clearly on the reverse side of the checklist that it goes where the cloth skirt pieces go. Honestly, I don't mind that much, though.

Like the minifigure master 8BrickMario (you have a huge passion for CMFs! :tongue: )

Aw, gee...thanks! :blush:Now that would make a good nickname:CMF Master! I had no idea that I seemed passionate about them! :sarcasm: I honestly don't know why I love the theme and its various characters so much, but I do.

All right, back to the real discussion. What guesses do you all have as to the commonality of each figure?

My guesses based on S10's statistics:

Least common (2ish per box):

Holiday Elf

Evil Mech

Grandma

Scarecrow (I hope it's more common, though)

Bavarian Lady

Gingerbread Man

Semi-common:

Diner Waitress (I really hope she isn't 6ish per box!)

Mountain Climber

Yeti

Barbarian

Tiki Warrior

Welder

Most Common:

Lady Robot

Constable

Female Scientist

Jazz Musician

Edited by 8BrickMario

Sure, I'll take a stab at guessing.

6 Per box-

Mountain Climber

Evil Mech

Constable

Barbarian or Tiki Warrior

4 Per Box

Waitress

Lady Robot

Gingerbread man

Welder

Barbarian or Tiki Warrior

Scientist

2 Per box

Holiday Elf

Grandma

Scarecrow

Yeti

Bavarian Lady

Jazz Musician

Edited by TrumpetKing

All right, back to the real discussion. What guesses do you all have as to the commonality of each figure?

My guesses are:

Sixes: Barbarian, Evil Mech, Mountain Climber, Bobby

Fours: Bavarian Girl, Gingerbread Man, Yeti, Scientist, Jazz Musician, Waitress

Twos: Scarecrow, Tiki Warrior, Holiday Elf, Welder, Grandma, Lady Robot

Interesting that after each reveal, people call the line revealed the best ever.

To me, some figs are well done, but it is finally a line that I will not need a single fig of.

I notice that, and said the same thing last time - I haven't been giving high marks to series for a while. I mean, there's always something good in it, and people get excited and say "best... series... EVER!" every time. However, I really do like this one a lot. The reasons are varied, and may be unfair to earlier series (I like, for example, when figures pair up with existing figures, so that happens more as time goes on). I haven't been thrilled, over all, with the past few. But honestly, I think maybe since the Elf, no figure has gotten me as excited as the Jazz Musician.

Ultimately, though, I will say this about CMFs in general... I don't MOC as much as I'd like to, but these CMFs give instant MOC ideas - even before you see the pictures, when you read the list (and hope it's accurate), you're mind starts going.... then you see them, and the ideas start to solidify. Not having a lot of time, I grab an 8x8 and make little scenes now... each of these figures it's own story you can come up with (or is plainly obvious); I think I heard they have already planned at least until 12; I wonder if anyone's heard if they will keep going? They must... it must be easy money for them. If they stopped, I wouldn't cry about it - 12 series is a lot, but I can imagine it going on quite some time.

I cannot wait to see the group pictures with different pose rather than just standing and holding their accessories. Anyways they might be available in Toys R Us this August.

I really want the welder, to make a train shed. And also the two jazz musicians - I´ll build an old police car and have "The Blues Brothers" ! :D

So this is a cool set i think, although I won't get all of them, i really want the scientist, the grandma (mainly for the cat :wub: ) and the jazz musician and maybe the scarecrow (although not sure where he'd fit into my city), oh and the ginger bread man!! But it looks like a great set all up!!

Edited by timmyc1983

1-3 are decent, and I could see myself getting those. But the rest doesn't interest me the least bit (except for maybe the cute cat with the grandma), and I overall think this is one of the worst series yet.

I think if we'd got this series earlier on, more people would think it was fantastic, but we've got used to the concept now, and inevitably compare every range with the highpoints of the preceding ones. Well, I know that's what I do. But there are some figures in it I really like, and some more my kids do. For me it's Scarecrow (got to get that hat and use it for Batman's Scarecrow), Barbarian and Yeti. For my kids it Elf and Gingerbread Man (of course). And there's some good randoms too - policeman, climber, islander. Now when will they reach the UK?

Aside from the Tiki Warrior, Bobby and Yeti, I'm really finding this series to be a somewhat large letdown. The amount of rehashes, garish, overly cartoonish faces and simply unattractive minifigures in general is saddening. That said, there are some very appealing pieces, as always, amongst the rough.

It seems no one started the other „game” which happens when a new series has pictures: What to look for while feeling the bags?

Barbarian: The two swords, but one is enough. I don’t see any similar pieces. Not so hard.

Scarecrow: Pitchfork (wide at the and, unlike the spear) and the crow. The hat is too similar to the blu.. jazz musician’s I fear. Easy. (if you find the pitchfork first).

Bavarian Lady*: The pretzel. We don’t see the hair from behind but maybe it is unique as well. Relatively easy.

Evil Mech: The ray-gun, and the armor is bulky, isn’t it? How bulky was it at series 9? Easy.

Tiki Warrior: The mask is huge I think, spear (no pitchfork-end) and the bone. Easy.

Gingerbread Man: Cookie head and mug. Easy.

Holiday Elf: Short legs, bulky 2x2 brick. Easy.

Yeti: Big head, no ordinary head I guess. Maybe the ice cream but it’s quite small. Relatively easy.

Mountain Climber: Big axe and the rope.** Easy.

Welder: Welding equipment and helmet. Relatively easy.

Scientist: Flasks and haircut, but none of them is very unique to me. Not so hard.

Jazz Musician: The sax. Relatively easy

Diner Waitress: Tray, and the rollerblades are small square-like thingies. Relatively easy.

Granny: The cat. And the basket is rubber-like. Easy

Constable: Hm, that’s the hardest I fear. The baton is so small, not very unique (yeti ice cream), and the helmet is similar to the elf’s hat, but without ears. Intermediate J

Lady Robot: Cube head, neckpiece for the clockwork instrument. Easy.

* The term “Lederhosen Lady” is used by a few members on other forums. I wonder if the word “Lederhosen” is so unknown among non-germans or people who studied german, why was it the official name of the series 8 minifig?

**The paramedic theory is symphatic to me. Otherwise, where is his backpack if he is a mountain climber?

Edited by Yooha

Haltiamieli's guesses are similar to mine:

Sixes: Barbarian, Evil Mech, Mountain Climber, Bobby

Fours: Bavarian Girl, Lady Robot, Yeti, Scientist, Jazz Musician, Waitress

Twos: Scarecrow, Tiki Warrior, Holiday Elf, Welder, Grandma, Gingerbread Man

Cartoonish faces? Lego minifigures ARE cartoons. A distorted representation of our world. Their faces are more animated these days with a wider variety of expressions but they're cartoons. Even the original minifigs with the one face across all had a cartoon face. And here's the thing, you can change the heads on them. YES! You can swap bits of the figures around if you don't like them the way they come. I know right! Ingenious. Who would have thunk a building block based toy could have swappable parts? And not only that they're backwards compatible with ancient parts from decades ago. Amazing! :wink:

The "cat lover" aspect of the Grandma really is accurate, since it reminds me so much of my grandma. And it's funny that the cat (and the previous cat, too, I guess) is one of few LEGO animals not to have a stud on it anywhere. (And I'm talking System-scale animals, not Friends.) And just watch someone prove me wrong five times over!

Well, in the case of the old LEGO cat, part of the reason for it not having studs is that it was originally a Belville part. Of course, in that theme, it was simply used as a kitten, and there was a <a href="https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6175">separate piece</a> for a full-grown cat.

Meanwhile, most minifigure animals below a certain size lack studs. Parrots, owls, crows, frogs, spiders, ants, mice, rats, baby tyrannosaurs, baby dragons, the chimpanzee from Series 5, and the chihuahua from Series 10. Some larger animals, like sharks, rays, and dolphins, also lack studs. Even the LEGO monkey's only studs are the minifigure hands used for its hands and feet.

Regardless, the cat is a nice new LEGO animal in terms of size and shaping.

I'm a bit late to the party but I may as well provide my thoughts as well on this new series.

Barbarian: Disappointing that it lacks new parts but it is still a good figure nonetheless IMO.

Scarecrow: One of the highlights of the series. An unique idea brought to life in a brilliant manner. Good use of the crow piece from The Lone Ranger theme as well. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the facial expression. Scarecrows (DC aside) are not alive, so why is this one smiling?

Bavarian Lady: Better than I had expected. Excellent counterpart to the Bavarian Boy from Series 8. Another pretzel is nice. The torso is very detailed and very nice. The cloth skirt piece is an obvious addition, although they always annoy me when it comes to trying to put them on and make it look good from all angles (a virtually impossible task). A neutral facial expression would have been preferred to the beaming smile that she has.

Evil Mech: Very nicely designed, but the fact that it is a recolour of a figure released earlier in the year makes it disappointing. Even so, it's a good addition to the series.

Tiki Warrior: As you may have guessed from my avatar, the Tiki Warrior is my favourite of this series. Even when we only had the list I knew it would end up being my favourite. The mask is very, very impressive. It's also good that it is a neck piece rather than a helmet. This leaves room for the classical hair which adds to the look of the mask (from the front at least). From what I can see of it, the face looks very interesting. The torso appears to be an average tribal design, but it is good enough. The old spear is unexpected but makes sense for more primitive (presumably) warriors like this. This may be one which I try to get duplicates of as well.

Gingerbread Man: I quite like this one, and it surprises me that it is not more popular. Another nice addition to the holiday collection and would probably look quite nice on a Christmas tree. I would have preferred a new candy cane piece to the printed mug though. Apart from that, I have no complaints about this one.

Holiday Elf: Decent figure, but the facial expression is utterly atrocious. The present is nice, and another teddy bear is a good thing to have. The hat is a very good piece and could be used for a future Legend of Zelda set, if one gets approved through Cuusoo.

Yeti: One of my favourites of this series. The ice lolly piece is a nice addition (and in a new colour as well). The head piece is a very good mould which is also highly detailed. Hopefully it is ABS plastic rather than rubber. The furry legs and torso are very simple but look cool at the same time.

Mountain Climber: An average figure in my opinion, and more or less what I had been expecting. The fact that he appears to be a medic of some kind is a surprise though, but at least it makes the figure more interesting. As others have already said, he really should have a smaller pick axe.

Welder: Most of the time I find these City figures to be quite boring, but this is one of the few exceptions (another exception is the Hazmat Suit Guy from Series 4). The mask is utterly brilliant and could easily be used for robots as well. The torso with scorch marks is a very nice touch as well. The welding equipment he is using is quite interesting as well.

Female Scientist: I'm getting sick and tired of seeing that generic female hairpiece in these CMFs now; it's incredibly overused. It makes it seem like LEGO is too lazy to provide female minifigures with a higher variety of hair styles. The torso is plain and simple, but not too bad. The new vials are the highlights of this otherwise bland minifigure. It's not a bad figure, but it is quite bland and repetitive.

Jazz Musician: That saxophone piece is stunning! The figure himself is just as I imagined him: simple and understated with an epic instrument piece. It also allows us to (if we so desired) to make our own LEGO mafia with a bit more diversity. Very impressed with this one, even if the facial expression makes him look permanently annoyed.

Diner Waitress: Ugh. This is a woeful effort by TLG. The problem is the colour of the shirt; if it was pink, it wouldn't be as woeful as it is. The hair is a nice new piece though.

Old Woman/Grandmother: This is more or less what I had expected really, The new cat piece is amazingly well done and will go well with the most recent dog piece. The cat jumper is a very nice touch and is probably the highlight of this minifigure. The basket doesn't make much sense with the rest of the figure, but another one of them will come in handy at some point. Overall, a perfect counterpart to the Old Man/Grandfather..

British Constable: A simple but very impressive effort by TLG. As with the Series 9 Policeman, this is much more detailed than any efforts beforehand. I'm relieved that LEGO did not use a pith helmet for his helmet and instead made a new piece. The baton is a great piece as well and rounds off a great minifigure.

Lady Robot: Good god! This is one of the worst minifigures of the entire CMF line. How did something that awful get through the design phase? It's disappointing because this could have been so much better. If it was a pink version of the Series 1 Robot, it would have been brilliant.

Overall, a good series, though not perfect by any means. I'm not sure if this is the best series of them all, but I haven't recently been particularly bothered about such things. I'll hopefully be able to get all 16, one way or another.

I love some of the new 'figs! I will definitely be buying the Barbarian, Yeti and Evil Mech, and probably the Scarecrow, Tiki Warrior and Gingerbread man as well. However, some figures like the Lady Robot and the Waitress are absolutely horrible!

Edited by Dragonfire

Mmmmmh. After having bought every single CMF of all series so far, this will be the first one, where I'll skip some of the figures:

Barbarian, evil mech, waitress and female robot do nothing for me and I'm especially disappointed about the oldschool blaster of the black mech. :hmpf_bad: