CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

I too actually thought about the witch of the east when I saw that. So even if people insist that green is the general colour for a witch, I would point out that lego did already a witch and she was classic yellow.

Really I don't see why they couldn't be making new leg elements. I mean they make new pieces at every opportunity they get. It's just a little weird that despite all the new heads, hats, hair and accessories they still haven't done any new leg elements. Well if this theme goes on long enough we're bound to see something. I also wouldn't mind a leg length between the normal and child legs.

I really hope they release more pictures soon. I'm hoping the jazz musician is playing a saxophone (I would like a molded piece for this). In general I'm just excited about the possibility of a new instrument.

I believe they could easily do a moving short legs piece and I am a little puzzled about why they didn't already do.

Seeing all these new molds, my fear that the jazz musician will have the already well known bugle is lowering. I really think they can use a new instrument.

I wouldn't mind a bugle. I don't have one, so I'd personally be happy with one.

Edited by TrumpetKing

I wouldn't mind a bugle. I don't have one, so I'd personally be happy with one.

Frankly, I really want a Lego saxophone!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Given that the Bugle has not appeared since 2002 and given that it was only ever molded in Chrome Gold, a color TLG is unlikely to use for a CMF part (and given that chrome parts require different molds to regular parts because of the chroming process) I suspect that a new mold would be necessary even if they re-used the bugle design. Hence, the cost of designing a totally new part (such as a Trumpet or Saxophone) isn't that much greater than re-using the Bugle. (since most of the cost of a new part is the mold)

I can't deny that the Yeti is an adorably cute critter, but personally I was hoping for a bit more serious design style, based on myths/cryptozoology instead of obscure (outside North America, that is?) Christmas specials.

Nice to see also the first Blacktron theme getting some recognition in CMF series.

I was expecting a meaner yeti also, but it being a kid's theme, it makes why they went that way. The Cyclops wasn't really angry or happy if you think about it. It would be great for the roof to have a candy cane to allow future cane colors to exist. Perhaps something for the riddler.

I think the Yeti's head is one large piece, so unfortunately, I doubt it.

i think the yeti head is like the cyclops's with a blue regular minifig head with eyes and a white "head" on it. But we will see.

I'm with TrumpetKing-- looks like a one-piece head. Look at where the sides of the blue touch the white-- looks more like a print, there's no three-dimensional depth evident in typical headwear-over-headpiece configurations. Plus, if it were a headwear piece, those two fangs would prob. be too small/thin to be successful in a injected mold.

^Unless it was rubber. But it is one piece, head and fur, and his brow makes him look like he's in a bad mood and someone not to cross, so he really wouldn't need two faces.

Dark Olive? What do you mean by that?

Did I said a weird hair color?

I was expecting a meaner yeti also, but it being a kid's theme, it makes why they went that way. The Cyclops wasn't really angry or happy if you think about it. It would be great for the roof to have a candy cane to allow future cane colors to exist. Perhaps something for the riddler.

I hope it won't become a prediction to Evil Yeti and Girlish Yeti.

Well, Dark Olive isn't an official color name, so I wouldn't know what you were talking about. Is it a tan color or a brown?

If the Yeti has a counterpart, it'll definitely be Bigfoot/Sasquatch. That would be awesome. And to TheLegoDr, I don't think a candy cane would pass as well for a Riddler cane than the stupid crowbar. Neither are quite accurate, so we need a real mold for it. In brown, which it may come in for the Grandma, it could be a regular senior's cane. Crossing my fingers....

Mods, if I'm out of line, I freely apologize, but I'm beginning to think this thread would be much more enjoyable if a single reader didn't vote himself its de facto moderator / host and treat it like his own personal CM blog... Is it completely necessary to personally respond to every comment or observation?

I don't know if this is just the preferred method to stack up almost 600 posts in 3 months, or if there's a higher level of AFOL-related narcissism at play... But it's simply redundant and non-contributory to what is usually an enjoyable community experience. And I know I'm not the only one who's grown frustrated with it. Perhaps this reader might consider creating his own blog or web site as a more proper venue for such frequent and occasionally uninformed opinions?

If you're talking about me, I apologize for seeming that way to you. I am passionate about the subject, and I like to respond to comments that are asking something or raising an interesting point. If I seem like I'm taking charge, I certainly didn't mean to, but I have things to say, and I'm not trying to "rack up points". I am upset that someone would feel this way about me, as my intentions are to enjoy the discussion and contribute to it, not to seem like a narcissistic boss of the discussion. I know others that give off the feeling to me, but I am not trying to be this way. I am sorry, (if it's about me), but unhappy that I came off this way.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Mods, if I'm out of line, I freely apologize, but I'm beginning to think this thread would be much more enjoyable if a single reader didn't vote himself its de facto moderator / host and treat it like his own personal CM blog... Is it completely necessary to personally respond to every comment or observation?

I don't know if this is just the preferred method to stack up almost 600 posts in 3 months, or if there's a higher level of AFOL-related narcissism at play... But it's simply redundant and non-contributory to what is usually an enjoyable community experience. And I know I'm not the only one who's grown frustrated with it. Perhaps this reader might consider creating his own blog or web site as a more proper venue for such frequent and occasionally uninformed opinions?

It would be good to use the report button for this. It will make a Moderator aware that you have a problem!

As GRogall already indicated, if you think a thread requires moderator intervention, simply use the Report button.

Witches are commonly green, it's not specific to Oz. Can we get back to Series 11, please?

And the same goes for you.

If you're talking about me, I apologize for seeming that way to you. I am passionate about the subject, and I like to respond to comments that are asking something or raising an interesting point. If I seem like I'm taking charge, I certainly didn't mean to, but I have things to say, and I'm not trying to "rack up points". I am upset that someone would feel this way about me, as my intentions are to enjoy the discussion and contribute to it, not to seem like a narcissistic boss of the discussion. I know others that give off the feeling to me, but I am not trying to be this way. I am sorry, (if it's about me), but unhappy that I came off this way.

There's nothing wrong with your enthusiasm, but you have to realise that a forum is not a chat room. It seems you want to respond to everyone's opinions immediately, so perhaps you should try to post less and respond to multiple posts at once. You should also realise that not everyone is interested in reading about your personal opinion on the rumoured series 11 figures. People are probably checking this thread for news and I can imagine it's annoying if it gets bumped a lot because you keep posting your opinions on everything.

Thanks for your understanding. :classic:

Well, everyone is different. I like opions, but I can understand why others don't. News is a factor that keeps people on a thread, but it isn't likely to pop up soon here. We're hoping, though. I will try to respond to multiple posts at once. I've done so before, and I'll try to more often. Thank you,

In fact, just about everything that is done in LEGO minifigure form is stereotypical. The man and wife and dog in house / creator sets (but rarely just a woman). The naughty supernatural characters, damsels in distress, lightly-colored savior knights and darker colored baddie knights in the castle themes.

What I think can be said is that TLG goes out of their way to insure that demeaning stereotypes are not used.

Well said! And as I said earlier, merely storytelling. Though I worry slightly about the ghosts looking awfully like infamous racists haha (joke people, lighten up!)

As for the pics- I don't look forward to the puke-worthy overly-sentimental MOCs of Lady Robot and Clockwork Robot being all romantic and shiz. Yeti does look great, Welder also, still anticipating this golli- err, I mean Gingerbread Man.

I wasn't too fond of the early images nor ideas behind series 10, #11 always sounded better- but ultimately I quite like #10 after having used many pieces/figs in MOCs already, esp the seagulls, of which I want, like, 100. *MINE*

Edited by adventuresinlego

Loving the fact that the Battle Mech actually has a weapon this time. The recolor is great too.

Indeed. If the original Mech had a Transformers-esque gun, it would make the figure perfect. At least I think so, because the figure reminds me of a homage to Gundam and G1 Transformers.

The new Yeti minifigure has to be my favorite so far out of this new series, that is perhaps until the Jazz musician is revealed. Also is anyone getting tired of seeing the Scientist's hairpiece? :sceptic: It's by far the most overused piece from the Lego minifigures line.

Edited by Honorable

I wouldn't say so, IMO. The Ry Gun has been used 8 times, and that hair has been seen just as much, but I'd rather see the hair often over the ray gun.