CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

I'm not sure if thats ''official'' but i found that picture

062.jpg

Whoppie, pictures (I hope they are official). I don't care about sci-fi minifigs too much, so I skip the evil mech, and the two ladies are only idealess counterparts of previous figs. Come on LEGO, you can do better! The welder has cool stuff, but what is really cool is the yeti. A funny one, but it's okay.

LOVE THE YETI!!!!! And the colors used in the welder are so rich and lifelike. I'm not as impressed with the robots, but I'll take the scientist. Can't wait to see more. Great find, Alcarin!

Yeti, welder & scientist look awesome. The robot is a bit, er, well - eyelashes? And strategically-placed breast dials?

Edited by williejm

If they're genuine then the welder looks great, the female scientist is also a great fig (& one which my wife will definately add to her collection seeing as she's a research fellow for Cancer Research UK).

Yeti is pretty cool (Excuse the pun)

Not fussed for the female robot or the evil mech, they're both very much meh figures for me

They look official. Only... would TLG really use that gun for the evil robot? :look: And something seems a bit off about the welder's mask. They aren't (to me) particularly awesome, but I do like the trans-blue popsicle. :drool:

I'm not sure if thats ''official'' but i found that picture

{pic}

They look official and fantastic! My favorite is the Welder figure. I love the mask and tank. :wub:

My 2p these are real, and yeti is FANTASTIC. I thought the scientist was going to be male, but I like it too. Female robot is ugly, but who cares. Welder is fantastic. Evil mech seems quite a gap-filler in order to reuse parts from s9 gundam guy.

I just hope they won't put 2 yeti in a box. I would need more than!

I love that Yeti!!!

And it looks like the list is real, and these look so much better than I thought they would.

Those are totally real! I love how the Yeti comes with an ice popsicle! :laugh:

Looks like I (well, we all were) right on the Scientist using those two beakers.

Better start on those emotes... :grin:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

They aren't sterotypes, as they aren't (intentionally) offensive. I see it more as a neat shoutout to other cultures. The Lederhosen Guy is said to have been made specifically for the fans of that culture in the Minifigures Encyclopedia. The Maraca Man is not the stereotypical "drunk Mexican", he's someone playing traditional music from his heritage. If the Kimono Girl was portrayed in a negative way, she would be a racist stereotype. But she's not. And I still think that the Gingerbread Man won't be chocolate brown. He will most likely be a lighter brown, to look like gingerbread.

Stereotyping is not necessarily negative. Your's is a standard reaction when someone is trying to defend against the connotation of the term. The bottom line is that these are absolutely stereotypes, and sometimes, of nationalities. The Jalisco-inspired Maraca Man is a stereotype of Mexicans. Lederhosen and Kimono refer to specific roles within certain cultures and some narratives may interpret them as national stereotypes.

In fact, just about everything that is done in LEGO minifigure form is stereotypical. The man and wife and dog in house / creator sets (but rarely just a woman). The naughty supernatural characters, damsels in distress, lightly-colored savior knights and darker colored baddie knights in the castle themes.

However, I think that Super Hero and some other licensed themes are the worst for stereotypes and really show that LEGO is rather sanitary regarding negative stereotypes. Anything in the collectible minifigure line is rather light-hearted, but the racism in Lord of the Rings is rather overt. The role of women in Star Wars and Super Heroes is pretty lame. The ethnic makeup is universally narrow.

You can't say "TLG didn't stereotype." They willingly admit to stereotyping girls' and boys' interests in their marketing imagery. What I think can be said is that TLG goes out of their way to insure that demeaning stereotypes are not used.

Yeti... :wub_drool:

Not bad so far. The Welder's pretty fantastic too, as is the Scientist. Not a fan of either robot, but that's to be expected.

Looking forward to the Scarecrow, Grandma, Jazz Musician, and Constable! :moar:

Ooh, a Blacktron mech. Cool. That's a highlight of the series.

Loving the welder. I'll want a few of those.

Scientist looks good. Not exciting but very useful.

Yeti is pretty meh. Not my cup of tea at all.

Lady robot is probably among the worst of the CMF's

Can't wait to see the rest.

Lady robot is probably among the worst of the CMF's

Can't wait to see the rest.

This. All are good except her. I mean, it's like the one from The Jetsons, but it still isn't. There's barely a use for this.

Edited by just2good

The Yeti and welder are great, the other 3 are disappointing. I was hoping for more from the mech then just a recoloring as I didn't like the first mech.

I like the look of the new figures,hopefully there will be more pictures soon, I can't wait until series 11 gets released. :classic:

The Yeti and welder are great, the other 3 are disappointing. I was hoping for more from the mech then just a recoloring as I didn't like the first mech.

I would say Scientist provides exactly what its name stands for, cant ask for more really, unless its sci-fi scientist

I am digging the Blacktron I logo on the Evil Mech's chest armor! That's going to be a wonderful piece to collect!

I prefer the Blacktron 2 logo but Blacktron is Blacktron and Any addition to the ranks is welcome even if it is slightly incongruous technology.