CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

I was looking through the list of "warrior" figures we've had thus far and it suprises me that, as good as the coverage of historical figures is becoming, we have yet to see a single warrior from China, India, Mongolia, Persia, or the entire continent of Africa. Four seperate Roman figures are great, but I'd rather keep seeing things we haven't seen before.

I was looking through the list of "warrior" figures we've had thus far and it suprises me that, as good as the coverage of historical figures is becoming, we have yet to see a single warrior from China, India, Mongolia, Persia, or the entire continent of Africa. Four seperate Roman figures are great, but I'd rather keep seeing things we haven't seen before.

Actually, in this series we have a tiki warrior which is not european... maybe they're going on your direction, and after all they did samurais and ninjas before going onto romans...

Part of it is probably a matter of which cultures are more well-known to The LEGO Group's main markets in Germany, Great Britain, and the United States, but part of it is also probably a matter of which warriors they can make recognizable while reusing existing elements.

I think LEGO primarily chooses these characters based on how recognizable they are. Gladiators, Caesars and Roman Soldiers are all very iconic and recognizable figures. There's really no one iconic soldier from China or India so I don't see that happening. Persia perhaps, but I think it may be a bit too obscure for LEGO to do a Persian soldier. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Ghengis Khan-style Mongolian warrior at some point though.

As for Africa, I could see them doing a Zulu Warrior at some point, but I imagine they might be a little wary of doing one given Europe's colonial history with Africa and how Africans were depicted as savages and such. Then again, they have done Native American minifigures so who knows.

Edited by Graysmith

I think a terracotta warrior would be iconic enough from China, and with Lady Liberty it wouldn't be the first "non living" CMF.

The scientist might be Einstein, just like the movie starlet from series 9 might be Marilyn.

I think it's really easy for Lego to make new robots, especially because every robot they produce can technically just have an "evil" alteration.

Robot -> Evil Robot

Mech -> Evil Mech

Android -> Evil Android.

It's one out of 3 big groups that can really represent the sci-fi line in the minifig series, (1. space travelers 2. aliens 3. robots)

so it's not that surprising.

As for the "Dinner waitress", maybe one of them is more of a fancy restaurant type, and the other a snackbar type waiter?

I'm holding out for the "Evil Waitress" myself.

I'l post my thoughts on each one of them (of course, positive)

Yeti- Snow? Monster? Lego? Hell yeah!

Evil Mech-I do not know what the actual mech looks like but the same piece in a different colour is always good :sweet:.

Welder- Can't wait for his helmet/awesomeley printed face :laugh:.

Lady Robot- Pink robot arm, pink helmet, pink lego hands...AWESOME!!

Jazz Musician- Get a lovely detailed saxophone and probably a fancy looking torso!

Constable- Don't know what a Constable is :blush:.

Holiday Elf- Yay! Another elf :laugh:.

Bavarian Lady- A Warrior Woman is always Welcome (to much Ws? :grin:)

Scarecrow-Probably getting some lego crows.

Mountain Climber- More minifigs to my Snow CMFs :sweet:.

Grandma- Grey hair is always welcome for me :sweet:.

Tiki Warrior- Hell yes!

Gingerbread Man- I'd like to have 2 and put them as statues in a bakery MOC :).

Barbarian- History characters are always welcome for me too :laugh:.

Dinner Waitress- Are we getting a hair-pink hat combination? :grin:.

Scientist- Maybe a different coloured beaker :sweet:.

.Bavarian Lady- A Warrior Woman is always Welcome (to much Ws? :grin:)

Errr. nope. A bavarian lady is not a warrior :tongue:

By the way, if Lego goes insane and puts a PITCHFORK with the scarecrow, I will armybuild them for sure.

Oh my God, if they really put it... 300€ of scarecrows...

Constable- Don't know what a Constable is :blush:.

The quintessential British policeman would look a little like this in blue not black. The British police force are known as the boys in blue for a reason. Also excuse the roughness of the sketch. I haven't finished this one off.

Scarecrow-Probably getting some lego crows.

Good call, I hadn't thought about that yet. Cool! Crows are quite high on my wanted animals list. TLC would probably just use the sea gull from Series 10 in black, but that's fitting enough I think.

I'm inclined to agree with you at this point. Between the Roman soldier, the Murmillo, the Caesar and the Officer, we will have a solid corps of Roman troops. I think a Terracotta warrior ought to be next on the list, it's the most iconic ancient Eastern military image (even though it's just a statue, lol). A Mongol Raider would be a welcome addition as well. India should be Lego's next recurring focus in the CMFs, I think a Maharajah and Sikh warrior would be easy enough, given the already existing turban piece. We got a dose of Arabia with Prince of Persia, those molds could see welcome reuse in CMF 12 and beyond.

It was noted earlier that LEGO likes to re-use parts, so the (in my opinion) very likely assumption is that the Waitress will have the roller skates, and I'll bet she has the Waiter's tray... But do you guys think she'll have a recolored hat from the Butcher fig?

Good call, I hadn't thought about that yet. Cool! Crows are quite high on my wanted animals list. TLC would probably just use the sea gull from Series 10 in black, but that's fitting enough I think.

More birds! I need something other than parrots (and owls I guess, but they're nocturnal - and I don't have any) to populate my forests! Plus these have their wings open! :thumbup:

It was noted earlier that LEGO likes to re-use parts, so the (in my opinion) very likely assumption is that the Waitress will have the roller skates, and I'll bet she has the Waiter's tray... But do you guys think she'll have a recolored hat from the Butcher fig?

If the waitress is indeed a retro roller-skating diner waitress I think she most likely will have a hair and hat combination headpiece, like the S8 Cowgirl and the S7 Viking Woman had. Just the butcher's hat would look really weird on a female waitress. It'd make sense for something to be new and unique to the minifigure too, assuming she'll use the waiter's tray and the existing rollerskates.

Or they may have the hairpiece with the hole on top to include a separate hat similar to the Friends vet set.

There have been done figs from Africa... Egypt, TWO of them. :) The Pharaoh could go to war, and the queen has a deadly snake to toss onto her enemies :) (build yourself a chariot and equip the Pharaoh with one of them crooked sword thingies from Pharaoh's Quest, or a bow)

Edit: Of the civilisations you mentioned, the Persian Immortals would totally be the most badass! They could wage war against the Sparthan figures.

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

One Pharaoh waging war? No back up forces? :laugh: An Egyptian soldier would be cool. Or an Egyptian royal guard that could be used as a soldier. Maybe.

Haha, but he could! :D Well, thou art right... There haven't been any ancient Egyptians except these two from CMF, have there? So it would make sense to do some more REAL Egyptians, not just mumies (how do you spell it? It's "mumier" in pluralis in Swedish, but it looks awkward in English with only one m)

An Egyptian Warrior would be nice...

Anyway, I don't see why some seem to think we haven't had any asian - what's a Ninja? And a Sumo Wrester? Or how about the Samurai (who I believe could fit in either China or Japan)? Or the S4 Lady with Fan (don't remeber the official name)?

Or they may have the hairpiece with the hole on top to include a separate hat similar to the Friends vet set.

Noooooo!! I really dislike the holes in Friends hair, especially the side ones

Noooooo!! I really dislike the holes in Friends hair, especially the side ones

Yeah, they do normally look very odd.

Depending how you classify the karate master and sumo, we have had five figs from Japan. Asian is a very broad term, hence why I named specific countries. I suppose I did overlook the two Egyptians, although I still think a Zulu warrior might be nice.

Edited by Archer