HI. I want to buy one of this sets and I can't decide ; so I want to know you opinion.

They are almost at the same price, but their pieces are so different.

9395 Pick-up Tow Truck, 954 pieces (black panels, and other useful pieces):

9395-1.jpg

9394 Jet Plane, 499 pieces (a lot of red pieces and panels and 2 long gear racks):

9394-1.jpg

8069 Backhoe Loader, 609 pieces (4 mini LAs, 2 buckets 2 81x36 tires and other cool pieces):

8069-1.jpg

Which one to buy?

Which is worth more?

You should get the 9395 Tow Truck -- more pieces, more functions, more playability! :classic:

You should get the 9395 Tow Truck -- more pieces, more functions, more playability! :classic:

DLuders, have you lost your mind?! I'll agree with the pieces thing, but 8069 has more functions and more playability, just look:

8069: Lift boom, tip bucket, rotate rear boom, move rear boom up and down, move rear bucket, outriggers, and steering. In total there are 7 functions.

9395: Raise and lower towing fork, retract winch, steering, and (immensely inaccurate) V-4 engine. In total there are 4 functions, one of which almost doesn't count due to the fact that unlike many Technic vehicles of the past, 9395 has a solid hood, meaning that you can not see the engine when the hood is closed. I also don't like the new opaque pistons, as they take away a little bit of the magic of watching the engine move.

In short, go with 8069, for three reasons: It has more functions, looks better and is more faithful to the original machine.(I'm looking at you, 9394, with your helicopter nose, and 9395 with your single back wheels and puny engine.) In addition, 8069 will soon be discontinued, so get it well you can.

If you are looking for excellent pieces and a build that educates, then 8069.

If you are looking for a part collection with which to build future vehicles, then 9395.

If you want a lot of red panels, then 9394.

I don't own all of them, but i own 8069 and it is a great technic set. Lots of functions and the mini LAs are cool. 9395 looks fine, but i say 8069 is far more perfect.

It really depends on what you personally like or what parts you are looking for. Hard to compare these models. All three are nice models.

I have a thing for the Jet Plane. Probably because it's something different, not a car or a construction vehicle. It was fun to build and it does have some neat functions.

The backhoe packs some miniature LA's. That's nice if you need them.

The pickup is fun, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What kind of builder are you? Do you want to have the models on display? Do you like playability?

Good luck with your decision! :sweet:

*cough* Jet Plane *cough*

Edited by Gekke Ted

None of them are hard to build, and all look great IMHO. I would grab the 8069 because it has a lot more function than any of the other sets. 9394 has hardly got any functions, but it is the best looking Technic plane out there.

Definitely 8069 IMO. :p

Thanks for your comments!

I think I'll choose between 8069 and 9395. 9394 remain as a reserve :classic: .

Now I must decide what I need more ; 9395: a couple of functions, many (ordinary) parts or 8069: a lot of functions, less parts, but some of them very cool and useful...

I built often cars than excavators/buldozers and things like this, but some mini LAs, buckets and 81x38 tires are always welcome :grin:

I've got all three sets.

Only 9394, which is awesome looking by the way, is stil built.

The rest of the sets has found their way into other model and my parts-collection within weeks....

It really depends on what you personally like or what parts you are looking for. Hard to compare these models. All three are nice models.

I have a thing for the Jet Plane. Probably because it's something different, not a car or a construction vehicle. It was fun to build and it does have some neat functions.

The backhoe packs some miniature LA's. That's nice if you need them.

The pickup is fun, but nothing out of the ordinary.

What kind of builder are you? Do you want to have the models on display? Do you like playability?

Good luck with your decision! :sweet:

*cough* Jet Plane *cough*

@Gekke Ted-

I think the 9396 Helicopter did it for me, its kind of useless w/o the PF added, not sure why they didn't just them, its just an m-motor and a battery box and in some less expensive models, say the 8109, 8052, 8264, have PF added to them already. Of course the latter 2 set #'s are both out of production and command lots of $ now, but the 8109 is still available here and there...it seems rather underrated, it by far beats out the 9395 in terms of functionality, but I may be a bit biased too, I like Flatbed Tow/Hauling Trucks and although I disagree on the color scheme of the 8109 its functions outweigh that. Looks great next to the 9395 as a team if the 8109, just too bad they didn't make the majority of it the black color scheme.

But, getting back to the topic, the 8069 still tops my list. Looks nearly as good and is almost the size of the masterpiece 8455 Pneumatic Backhoe/Loader. Still the alternate of the 8069 really does leave a lot to be desired, wheels are too far apart and when you turn the front and back wheels nearly touch each other. Cab is nice on it though. Going to try to modify it with a less wide wheelbase, too bad like the 8455's alternate model (the telescoping loader), it doesn't have the same size wheels on each end, but then of course TLG would have to pack an extra set of rims/tires in with the set and up goes the price...

Edited by TechnicFreak