Anio

City garbage truck

indexed.gif V-LC-21E

Hello,

In the community, I am mainly known for my UCS Star Wars models.

But I want to explore different themes now.

And I choose City for my first non Star Wars MOC.

Here is my garbage truck, a 299 part model.

Hope you like it.

8213903826_8afae4abbd_c.jpg

8213903612_c4049be359_c.jpg

My FlickR gallery :

And my Brickshelf gallery when public : http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=517126

Edited by Phred

Awesome looking truck. The only thing I see in common with the Toy Story truck is the color, but obviously both you and LEGO had the same company in mind when choosing that color. This reminds me of the garbage trucks that my home town was using when I grew up (now we have the auto-loading trucks). I think you've captured the look better than LEGO's recent garbage trucks. It looks so real that I had a flashback to the smell, sights (dripping liquids) and other nastiness that followed those trucks around town - and I mean that in a good way.

I just had another memory flash into my head, during snow storms they even fitted these with snow plows and used them to supplement their plowing fleet. Thanks for the trip down memory lane - well, at least thanks for the good memories but maybe not for the smell and dripping nasty liquids. :tongue:

How can one improve on what Lego released this year......you did 'Anio'.....very realistic and functional too ! :thumbup:

Brick On Truck On 'Anio' ! :wink:

Thank you guys ! =)

How can one improve on what Lego released this year......you did 'Anio'.....

clooney16.gif

Edited by Anio

This is great. Looks just like the real thing.

The colours remind me of the Toy Story rubbish truck, but I think the similarities end there.

Nice job! It has been scaled down very well. This has been on my to do list for a while but we keep getting Garbage trucks as sets so I have had no need to make any more. After seeing your version, I just might have to get my butt in gear.

Play Well

Thank you.

Very nice and clean (no pun intended :classic: ) truck

A clean design, both regarding the details and the way the model is built, is indeed essential to have a nice model.

With my UCS models, I always aimed at achieving a clean design.

It should be a LEGO set, awesome.

It's so real and remember me toy story garbage truck.

Bravo!

I really like both this and your transport truck. This has a front end design that's similar to the official LEGO trucks, but different enough to stand out. The tiles on the container sides are also very nice, and I love how you've followed the Toy Story truck colour scheme. A great garbage truck that would look good in any layout!

I really like both this and your transport truck. This has a front end design that's similar to the official LEGO trucks, but different enough to stand out. The tiles on the container sides are also very nice, and I love how you've followed the Toy Story truck colour scheme. A great garbage truck that would look good in any layout!

Thank you.

Well, to be honnest, I did not look at the toys story truck when I did my model. And until you mentionned it, it was a model I barely remembered.

I worked with that single pic :

4783962724469765a1df9f3c8c.jpg

Edited by Anio

The dark green color of the dump bin is far too scrumptious looking for a garbage truck! :laugh:

Great MOC, Anio. You've captured the source material ideally - and I particularly like the fact that you've included a female driver. Diversity..!

Great work, really nice looking MOC. I am looking forward to making one of these for myself using your build. Thanks!

Nice garbage truck. This truck looks like an actual lego truck that they would put in stores! Well done Anio.

Oh, by the way I realy like the tipping feature and the coulour scheme.Keep it up.