Aanchir

New CMF parts in LEGO's parts database?

I am certain that the wig goes with this torso rather than the Judge, though, because if that were the case, it would be the only piece we have seen from series nine, and why would there be a particular exception for that? Also the wig seems to have a blue bow matching the colour of the uniform.

It might be that the judge gets the same mold but with a different color or with different printing.

I agree constructing some of the figures that way can be misleading for the skimmers, but they will figure it out soon enough. I will definitely be doing that with my blue coats also. They might make a red coat version in the future, but I doubt it with the other red coats that are available.

I had the same thought, and was in fact half-way through constructing an image exactly like this before I realised it might be misleading and people might think it represents the actual figure (look how often people skim these threads and jump to conclusions about pictures without reading the context). However this is definitely what I'm going to do with the torso.

I am certain that the wig goes with this torso rather than the Judge, though, because if that were the case, it would be the only piece we have seen from series nine, and why would there be a particular exception for that? Also the wig seems to have a blue bow matching the colour of the uniform.

I wonder if we'll see a British redcoat soldier in a future series... or maybe a Female Revolutionary Soldier. Given what we have seen of the Collectible Minifigures so far, it could go either way. :laugh:

(Seriously though, a Female Revolutionary Soldier would be awesome)

Think its more plausible with a tricorn hat as a Revolutionary Soldier. The uniform seems heavily based off the American one and that will compliment nicely with the Mohawk Indian. Thinking series 8 had the pairing of the Conquistador and Aztec warrior so these two figures sit well together.

I dont think we will see a redcoat soon as we have just had that in the recent Pirates II series and the POTC.

It could also be that this "Revolutionary Soldier" has a powdered wig AND a tricorn. The Intergalactic Girl from Series 6 had a helmet as well as a hairpiece so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

I wonder if these could be the legs for the tin soldier?

tin_soldier.jpg

EDIT: I also noticed that the minifig back plate is listed in red (6037590) which would be perfect to hold the wind-up-key.

Edited by Praiter Yed

I'm not sure anymore if this is the proper topic :)

I was wondering how the Indian with the black mohawk would look like. Not bad.

10_indian.jpg

I wonder if these could be the legs for the tin soldier?

You're right! Those seem perfect for a Tin Soldier. The Musketeer legs didn't really look right, and would've been an odd re-use there.

EDIT: I also noticed that the minifig back plate is listed in red (6037590) which would be perfect to hold the wind-up-key.

That is cuz it was already released in red. :P

But seems plausible for it to be released again.

-Omi

some awesome parts a lot more stuff than I wanted from CMF8.

I mean i need at least a dozen seaguls, bald hair, paint guns etc etc etc

That is cuz it was already released in red. :P

But seems plausible for it to be released again.

-Omi

That's kinda why I listed the link - it shows the old part as used 'in 2 sets' and a 'new' one with a #603 used 'in 0 sets'. I think these are good parts to have in various colours and I recently needed a red one but had to settle for dark red.

red-plate-w-knob.jpg

Edited by Praiter Yed

That's kinda why I listed the link - it shows the old part as used 'in 2 sets' and a 'new' one with a #603 used 'in 0 sets'. I think these are good parts to have in various colours and I recently needed a red one but had to settle for dark red.

*snip*

What's the difference between the two? As far as I can tell, it's more the angle than anything else... :sceptic:

One's red, the other's dark red.

:look: You mean dark red like... Robbie house red?

the toy solder and Medusa are my favorites although the bumblebee and grand pa are also pretty cool! I hope they do a sand green snake tail for Medusa as suggested above by one of the other lads!

CMF 10 minifigs are amazing!

obviously I love Roman Centurion :laugh:

i would see better indian's shield, it looks very cool.

What's the difference between the two? As far as I can tell, it's more the angle than anything else... :sceptic:

One's red, the other's dark red.

:look: You mean dark red like... Robbie house red?

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't mentioned it :tongue: . They're both red, Santa's coat red. Maybe the mold is slightly different, maybe they are exactly the same, but I'm assuming as #4172047 was last used in 2002, the one with the new number (6037590) will become readily available again with the (possible) release of the Tin Soldier.

Edited by Praiter Yed

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't mentioned it :tongue: . They're both red, Santa's coat red. Maybe the mold is slightly different, maybe they are exactly the same, but I'm assuming as #4172047 was last used in 2002, the one with the new number (6037590) will become readily available again with the (possible) release of the Tin Soldier.

You mean Kai red?

No, just kidding :grin:

A great find, and wonderful figures. Well done everyone for the detective work and the construction. The centurion and the tomahawk warrior are my own particular favourites, with the revolutionary war soldier a close 3rd. But I agree with the general opinion - this is a fine return to form for the CMF range.

The difference between the two minifig back plates is probably that the newer one is Chinese-made and the older one is not. Or maybe the older one was just taken out of production and got a new Element ID when it was put back into production. Certainly it's not out-of-the-question for new releases of a part to get new Element IDs for unclear reasons. I'll add that to the list, along with any other suggestions I may have missed.

EDIT: Major example of new element IDs for identical or otherwise indistinguishable parts: the wind-up key for the Tin Soldier (6038196) has the same color and design ID as the one from the toy robot (4652446), and both were made in the same facility within two years of each other, but they have different element IDs.

Edited by Aanchir

The pictures for Series 10 & 11 aren't working anymore for me at least, apparently Lego noticed the leak? Only the Tin Soldier's parts are still showing, kind of confirming that it does not belong among the others but is probably the book special.

The brand new pics from Series 9 confirm that the Judge has a different hair piece than the wig among these pieces, so the latter is certainly for the Revolution Soldier.

How are people seeing these parts? When I click the links there are no pictures.

Lego took them down after a few days. Probably the pics could be found somewhere in the web though, without doubt many did save them before they were gone.