Aanchir

New CMF parts in LEGO's parts database?

Wow, excellent find Aanchir! I didn't even know brickset had that feature - I've just wasted my morning browsing Lego parts - it's like por-no for AFOLs :grin: ! Found a cool wing :wub: that's apparently from Legends of Chima. I suppose this takes all the fun out of guessing series 10 - maybe it's time the Series 11 topic was unlocked? :devil:

I wonder what sort of accessory he'd have... maybe some sort of tool? Or a teddy bear? :sceptic: Nice bald head/hat... oh... whatever happened to the "old newsepaper..." Bet it goes with this guy!

Old newspaper sounds like it would be it but a cane would be nice.

Edited by tazosaure

This isn't the first time we've seen the next CMF series before seeing all of the previous series, right? Hasn't something like this happened before? Or is it just me...?

List for series 10 and 11 released here:

Series 10

Series 11

I'm going to try and refrain from deciding which ones I like the best before I see them, but it's hard, lol.

(Edit: The Man himself beat me to it - see above)

Edited by Miles

Alright, I definitely can agree to some of the changes that have been recommended: namely that the axe and mohawk go with the Native American and the spear goes with the historic/fantasy female fig. Not sure what hair/headgear goes with the punk/biker, though.

Also, someone's posted a Series 10 list that seems to mostly line up with this... however, it refers to the "nerd girl" as a librarian, which suggests the chemical flasks do not go with her. That person also blogged a Series 11 list, and the tin soldier is conspicuously absent from both lists... possibly the fig for the Minifigures Character Encyclopedia, then? There is also a scientist on that Series 11 list, which coupled with the higher Element ID for the two flasks makes me think those are Series 11 parts.

Very cool images and looking very good for the future minfig collector series!

But someone at LEGO HQ must have made a giant mistake with this, because since Playmobile and others have started to be very inspired by LEGO they have kept pictures of the futures series extremely well hidden until close to release, compared to the earlier series..

That is a fascinating kind of leak. :look:

But I'm not very impressed by these new figures. Medusa might be the only one I'll buy from this series. Not a single space figure. :sceptic: The paint ball guy features a nice new helmet, that might be useful for space. But with this paint on it, it's useles for me.

Well, in that case I can save some money to buy Galaxy squad sets next spring.

That list's a librarian... maybe the "nerdy girl" is a library? If so yes! That was one of my prediticions! :thumbup:

Gingerbread man sounds nice... perhaps the lists should be discussed in different threads? :sceptic: (I do wonder how LEGO would be able to give it a "cookie" look...) :look:

Woah, leak overload!

...Or is LEGO just giving us an early Christmas present? :laugh:

That person also blogged a Series 11 list, and the tin soldier is conspicuously absent from both lists... possibly the fig for the Minifigures Character Encyclopedia, then?

I was wondering the same thing, mostly because I was excited for another Christmas-themed minifig. I was wondering though, could we be mixing up parts from the Revolutionary soldier, Bumblebee Girl and the Female robot (wind-up)? It would seem so if those lists are accurate, and they sound to me like they are, though I'm a bit new to this.

Such a shame, I was rather excited about a toy soldier minifig. (Though I guess there's nothing stopping me from making my own, huh?)

Wow, these sound really cool! The ones I'm most interested in are the Motorcycle Mechanic, Warrior Woman, Revolution Soldier, Roman Commander, Librarian, Paintball Player, and Bumblebee Girl. :wink: I especially like that Paintball Player!

I reckon the biker guy and paintball guy are upcoming City figures. So take them out and the tin soldier, put in the chicken suit guy and Dr. Splitz and you've got series nine.

Edited by Jargo

I reckon the biker guy and paintball guy are upcoming City figures. So take them out and the tin soldier, put in the chicken suit guy and Dr. Splitz and you've got series nine.

Okay... what makes you think the Series 9 list we already have is wrong? Not to mention how implausible it is for a paintball player to show up in LEGO City. It's an extremely niche character design that wouldn't have nearly the same "everyday" appeal for kids as police officers and firefighters would. The librarian's a more plausible candidate for the City theme than the paintball player, but I see no reason to doubt any of the minifigures lists we've seen given how consistent they seem to be with what we've seen.

I disagree. We already have a Series 9 list, that has so far, been true. Why would they be City minifigs? Most of the Collectable Minifigs could be in City sets.

-Sci

Okay... what makes you think the Series 9 list we already have is wrong? Not to mention how implausible it is for a paintball player to show up in LEGO City. It's an extremely niche character design that wouldn't have nearly the same "everyday" appeal for kids as police officers and firefighters would. The librarian's a more plausible candidate for the City theme than the paintball player, but I see no reason to doubt any of the minifigures lists we've seen given how consistent they seem to be with what we've seen.

I don't pay a lot of attention to City sets, but aren't they largely composed of firemen/policemen and once in a blue moon a doctor or austronaut? With any other person essentially being a very plain civilian.

Because to me it seems like something like the librarian/geek girl is too "designed" and unique to ever imagine her being some sort of casual civilian in a city-theme set.

Out of the parts revealed here I don't see any character that looks more like a "regular set" type of thing, all of em look very distinctly like CMF designs.

Why wouldn't a paintballing set make it to city? we've had a cross country motorbike set. equally niche interest. I'm entirely sceptical about the series nine list. It just seems made up by some kid sort of stuff. And these parts showing up in the database seems to indicate that these parts have recently been produced. Ergo series nine.

Information overload, indeed! :wacko:

I too support the theory that the Toy Soldier comes with the minifig encyclopedia.

As I said earlier, Series 10 contains many great minifigs with very useful new parts.

• Sea Captain - Seagull, ahoy!
  • Sad Clown - Loving the b&w-look, goes well with the other clowns in the line.
  • Librarian - She strikes me more of a library-visitor, but a wonderful fig nevertheless.
  • Grandpa - The look is spot-on!
  • Bumblebee Girl - Fun to see a female costume-wearer.
  • Roman Commander - Compliments the Roman Soldier from an earlier series.
  • Warrior Woman - Xena! :wub:
  • Decorator - More like a wall painter...
  • Tomahawk Warrior - Wonder what kind of a headdress he will have...
  • Trendsetter - Fabulous! Loving the Paris Hilton -reference.
  • Baseball Fielder - A new type of handpiece is always appreciated, and it compliments the Baseball Player well.
  • Revolution Soldier - I have a feeling that the Judge in Series 9 has that same wig-piece.
  • Motorcycle Mechanic -He looks more like a member of a motorcycle gang to me. :tongue:
  • Medusa - Loving her! I think many people have anticipated for her arrival, and the face is perfect for another female orc.
  • Skydiver - Funny face, at least.
  • Paintball Player - Meh. Probably nice for those AFOLs who are into that sport...

On the other hand, Series 11 seems to contain many counterparts or alternative versions of previous collectable figs.

• Yeti - I'm interested to see how this one turns out...
  • Evil Mech - Apparently a palette swap of the Mech from Series 9?
  • Welder - Okay...
  • Lady Robot - She's probably pink... :hmpf:
  • Jazz Musician - Saxophone?
  • Constable - Another cop? Maybe a British bobby, this time?
  • Holiday Elf - Goes with Santa, obviously.
  • Bavarian Lady - As long as she has the round braids, I'll be satisfied. :tongue:
  • Scarecrow - This one I've been waiting for to show up, actually.
  • Mountain Climber - Meh.
  • Grandma - How sweet that the Grandpa will get his wife on the next series!
  • Tiki Warrior - Okay... Reminiscent of the old Islander-theme?
  • Gingerbread Man - But... gingerbreadmen are supposed to be flat! That's the whole joke in them!
  • Barbarian - Yet another one? How will he be different from the others, I wonder...?
  • Dinner Waitress - Series 9 already has a waiter... Maybe this one will have a maid's outfit?
  • Scientist - A non-crazy version, this time around?

Or either the Toy Soldier has a same accessory as the S5 Royal Guard, but with wind up thing that was used for the Clockwork Robot.

Or either the Toy Soldier has a same accessory as the S5 Royal Guard, but with wind up thing that was used for the Clockwork Robot.

IMO that would be too similar. I say the pole and drum... perhaps one reason is that that would make me really happy since I've been wanting a drum minifigs can sling over their sholder, and that strikes me as being the idea "toy soldier" drum...

Nice find. So many of these new parts are amazing :wub: The medusa, sea captain, roman helmet crest, powdered wig...