Sign in to follow this  
pionneer

Buying to keep MISB or to build?

Hi all, Just a thought, as a SW Lego fan I have been colecting the classic range from day one but have only recently been collecting ep1 and ep2.

I display all classic SW Lego but keep MISB all ep1 and ep2 sets. My dilema is that the new ep3 range looks quite cool especially the new clones but do I keep these sets MISB or display them.

What do you guys do?

Well to me the whole point of buying lego is to build the sets, i have never kept a set in its box.

I know, and you are right but there is something special about a set that is still MISB.

I keep all my boxes and packaging in the attick.

The Holy Grail is not MISB. It is still the greatest collectible on earth ;)

Maybe I will keep ep1 and 2 MISB but open all the ep3 range when it comes out.

This will allow for me to build something really fresh and new rather new renditions of old models.

I would agree with everyone else to open the sets and build, play or do whatever the hell you want with them! ;) But if there are some sets you really want, then maybe you could buy 2 and keep 1 MISB and open the other.

Jon.

I cant keep anything unopened. Once i tried to delay building for an hour, but that plan didnt last for more than five muinites. sets just wisper "open me! you know you want to"

I had this problem with some Lego. I made 2 bricklink orders and I received one of them on a Saturday, so I knew I would not get the other till Monday. I had decided that I would wait until I had them both before I opened them.. but.. but.. the power of the brick defeated me :'( I had to open it.. I just had to!

Man, Lego is so hard to resist!

Jon.

I have the same problem. In fact my "problem" is that I still play lego, I don't collect them and will never be able to keep on box misb. I love the models for some parts also and i always try to find all what I could do with some new element from a set :)

I have to admit that I'm guilty of the MISB crime. I have two MISB 10027 Train Sheds. It is killing me not to open these sets but I have run out of room to display them. One day when I can afford a house these will come out of the dark corner of my closet.

For me, displaying is not a problem. i have one WHOLE floor, or storie, and then a room. so, the people that have no room to display things, just send them to me, and ill be happy to display them for you ;)

All the space is glorios! especially for my trains layouts. I might add displaying of you mocs at my house is absolutely free of charge, Ill even pay for shipping! ;) ;) Shelving makes LOTS mpre room, if you have limited space, put shelving wherever you can. it helps.

brickmaster - you convinced me with your smooth talk! Where do you want me to send my Jack Stone-sets for display? ;)

copmike

Well i got fed up of having a lack of display room, so i ended up putting a few shelfs that are 12ft long and 4ft wide, so they went from wall to wall then i put a frame over the front and attached some doors.

So space isnt a problem for me....oh wait look at all those new sets that are coming out, guess i better start building again :-D :)

Oh how i wish that i had a room or floor just for my lego display :( still i cant grumble.

Please no dancing jesus jipay :-D ;)

mx.gif

I will sign the confession, guilty as charged. However the first time I buy the set I tear it open and build it right away. Then when they go on clearance I buy a second or third set for that ultimate display I am going to make one of these days. So the extra sets are MISB.

Jared