Sign in to follow this  
TheRedGuy

MOC: Contempt

I've pretty much moved on to system, but I decided to make something for people who added me as a contact for Technic MOCs on Flickr:

8206189244_84af3c5f15_z.jpg

Here he is from the side:

8206200270_4bbf75bf03_z.jpg

Back:

8206198502_02674bd03e_z.jpg

And his pet, obviously inspired by the Arachnix drone:

8206195398_5c5c222189_z.jpg

Moar pics in my Photostream

That is one awesome MOC. It's built with Hero-Factory system parts, but it's reminiscent of Bionicle in its style, and I really like that.

The Contempt guy looks superb on his own. I love the method you used for his helmet-tubes, or at least that which I can see. It looks like they use those Exo-Force fingers to clip onto a Savage-Planet paw piece? Nice.

Contempt looks well armored on the front, sides, and back, those boots look awesome, and I love the claws too. Simple but effective.

Skrall armor. Man that's awesome.

Contempt's little 'pet' reminds me a tiny bit of Lazerbeak from the Transformers series. Maybe it's the shape. It's compact but looks effective, ready to kill or mangle or make evil sock puppets or something. I feel that when it's on Contempt's shoulder, it looks a little obtrusive, like Contempt can't turn his head or something. I think it looks better in his hand/on his arm, maybe the pet could be used as a hand-held weapon while not in flight.

Again, love what you've done here.

That is one awesome MOC. It's built with Hero-Factory system parts, but it's reminiscent of Bionicle in its style, and I really like that.

Now that you mention it, he does kind of look like a Bionicle...

The Contempt guy looks superb on his own. I love the method you used for his helmet-tubes, or at least that which I can see. It looks like they use those Exo-Force fingers to clip onto a Savage-Planet paw piece? Nice.

Contempt looks well armored on the front, sides, and back, those boots look awesome, and I love the claws too. Simple but effective.

I was trying to make him look good from all angles, and I guess I kind of got it but I'm not sure about his rear end :grin: By the way, the same technique was used for Hydraxxon's hands, just with the longer "nails".

Skrall armor. Man that's awesome.

I'm surprised people actually like it- It stands out a bit to me.

Contempt's little 'pet' reminds me a tiny bit of Lazerbeak from the Transformers series. Maybe it's the shape. It's compact but looks effective, ready to kill or mangle or make evil sock puppets or something. I feel that when it's on Contempt's shoulder, it looks a little obtrusive, like Contempt can't turn his head or something. I think it looks better in his hand/on his arm, maybe the pet could be used as a hand-held weapon while not in flight.

Again, love what you've done here.

The funny thing is, I was actually trying to make a blaster kind of like Witch Doctor's, but when I added the Barraki eyes I thought it looked like a creature so I slapped a tail there and... It's a creature! :laugh:

Edited by TheRedGuy

I see a Sangheili Elite w/ a humanoid head. AWESOME! It would be nice to see instructions, but that's up to you good sir.

I see a Sangheili Elite w/ a humanoid head. AWESOME! It would be nice to see instructions, but that's up to you good sir.

The feet are actually inspired by Elites anyway, and the legs are just shaped like theirs because I wanted to make his legs bulky. On the instructions, I may have time to make them but I just have no idea on how to start.

Edited by TheRedGuy