Rogue Angel

Avalonian Elf Army en route to Besiege Ondyllion

Nice! I see you have gooten yourself a few mirkwood elves... it saddens me that they aren't coming to NZ but this is awesome!

how has ondylion been asking for it though?

I was out hunting for those elves today... Not-a-one. Looks good! Did you get them all in one place? TRU?

Also... Not one blonde from the CFs?

Nice elf army! i'm glad you posted that i do like to see the guilds armys and fractions!

Well... It's a non-intentional attack. It's been a while since I've seen one of these. Love the army and very jealous of the Mirkwood elves.

A lovely army and I really hope to see those Mirkwood elves arrive in Germany, as well - they're indeed great for army building.

That being said, I wonder what the High King will have to say about an avalonian army marching against one of the richest cities of Mitgardia, once news gets to whereever he has hidden himself from the Corrupted Hand. No doubt he'd like to see that army of elves fight against Victor rather than an allied force :tongue:

Whatever happens... don't blame me!

Impressive army! :thumbup: Why did you get all the CMF sheilds and no hair though? :look: Nice touch with the snow too! Nearing Mitgardia already! :laugh:

Looks great. I really like all the mirkwood elves you´ve got and nice touch giving them all dark hair!

how has ondylion been asking for it though?

Just jealousy :tongue: Hmmm.... normally an army would take two and a half weeks to get to Ondylion. But they are elfs so they can get here in a week. That´s more than enough time to assemble a crushing force! :devil:

Very impressive group of elves! I'm sure we could send a couple kegs of wine that would slow them down :laugh:

Skaforhire - TRU was my goldmine. I picked up 20 and it was $25 off $100! I prefer the brown hair for my woodland Elves.

Abu Dun - perhaps this is a feint and the Elves will instead be bolstering Ondyllion's defenses, or maybe they will be massing there to stage an attack on Victor's forces from there...? It may depend on what shows up for Challenge VI?

Kai NRG - I'm sorry but this is completely your fault. I had to accept your challenge.

I picked up 30 of the CMF Elves which are goldmines! I use the torsos, legs and capes with the Mirkwood hoods for my rangers, the shields for my Elven Phalanx, and then the bows with the Mirkwood torsos and quivers for my archers. I am saving the tan hairpieces for my high Elves.

http://m.flickr.com/photos/29025875@n06/8207691067/Lightbox/

Ecclesiastes - Jealousy is completely right!

Kai NRG - I'm sorry but this is completely your fault. I had to accept your challenge.

And I wasn't even talking to you! :tongue: Alright, guess that will be the last time I suggest anything with an army of elves... :laugh:

Love it! Way to put it together and post quickly. Just-in-time builds. Very jealous of all those elves. Didn't even know the Mirkwood elves were released yet. Don't see them on TRU's web site; did you clean them all out?

While you have them all assembled (and since there's a ban on present-day inter-guild fighting), perhaps you could show a historical representation of some ancient assault on Ondylion by the elves? :wink:

For the record - I got the joke.

Also - Yeah, my TRU did not have any, and I drove in the wrong direction to visit more yesterday. I am guessing I am not going to get any of these as there is no way I am venturing out into civilization until Monday! TLG needs to make more polybags per run. They have to be making a killing here, I wish they would issue twice as many. I already see resellers have grabbed a horde of them too. Which I am torn about, because like Rogueang, I would like a bunch of these, so I would be grabbing as many as possible -- However, collectors tend to appreciate, where resellers jack up the price. sigh... just wish I knew when our truckloads come in!

Yeah, my TRU did not have any, and I drove in the wrong direction to visit more yesterday. I am guessing I am not going to get any of these as there is no way I am venturing out into civilization until Monday! TLG needs to make more polybags per run. They have to be making a killing here, I wish they would issue twice as many. I already see resellers have grabbed a horde of them too. Which I am torn about, because like Rogueang, I would like a bunch of these, so I would be grabbing as many as possible -- However, collectors tend to appreciate, where resellers jack up the price. sigh... just wish I knew when our truckloads come in!

I'd love to get some of these also. They're not on TRU's website any more. Hope they get more in, and I hope it's not a TRU exclusive. Perhaps they will start selling them again on the 27th when the Hobbit sets are released. $4.99 is a bit steep for a minifig, although the $25 off $100 really helps, and the set does include a mushroom, two large half-arches, a large tree leaf, a trans-green goblet, and a barrel, so I suppose it's pretty good value for $$.

The way I look at it, the hood, torso, dk brown pants and mushroom are worth $1.00 a piece, the goblet, flesh head and bow are worth $0.50 each, and the dk green leaf, quiver, pair of arches and dk brown barrel ae worth $0.25 each with 2 brown slopes, and some other assorted brown and tan pieces come to at least a $7.00 bricklink part value, and those are all parts I would consider buying off bricklink. The figure would be a steal at $3.00.

I will keep my eyes out at my TRUs ( sorry but it is a TRU exclusive) and pick some up for you guys if I find any more.

BTW: TRU had these on their website for about a day then pulled them. There's a rumor they might give these away with Hobbit purchases?

The figure would be a steal at $3.00. I will keep my eyes out at my TRUs ( sorry but it is a TRU exclusive) and pick some up for you guys if I find any more.

Yes please! :grin:

The polybag would be $5.00. I was saying that in my hypothetical costing of the parts, $3.00 would be steal for the dk green hood, torso, dk brown pants and flesh head. The TRU special was only for Tues and Wed, but I'm expecting people would still want these, even at $5.00 per bag/fig.

Abu Dun - perhaps this is a feint and the Elves will instead be bolstering Ondyllion's defenses, or maybe they will be massing there to stage an attack on Victor's forces from there...? It may depend on what shows up for Challenge VI?

Could be. Elves are, after all, known to be deviously cunning when it gets to warfare. And there's nothing better to place your actual enemy in false safety than making him believe that war has broken out between allies :grin:

The polybag would be $5.00. I was saying that in my hypothetical costing of the parts, $3.00 would be steal for the dk green hood, torso, dk brown pants and flesh head. The TRU special was only for Tues and Wed, but I'm expecting people would still want these, even at $5.00 per bag/fig.

Yes, I think the set is a steal at $4.99, considering the mushroom and such. I'll keep an eye out for them in TRU and load up if I see them; would be happy to send some to you all if I get any. Unfortunately, the Bay Area is a bit AFOL-heavy, and stores here tend to get cleaned out early. But you never know... If any of you end up with a few extra, I'd be happy to buy or trade for a few of them.

I will keep my eyes out at my TRUs ( sorry but it is a TRU exclusive) and pick some up for you guys if I find any more.

me likes this idea :classic:

Yes, I think the set is a steal at $4.99, considering the mushroom and such. I'll keep an eye out for them in TRU and load up if I see them; would be happy to send some to you all if I get any. Unfortunately, the Bay Area is a bit AFOL-heavy, and stores here tend to get cleaned out early. But you never know... If any of you end up with a few extra, I'd be happy to buy or trade for a few of them.

I will do the same. I only want like five, but I am willing to stock up to send to my fellow EBers.