sgtbernalcl25

Lego Mirkwood Elf Guardian Polybag @ Toys R us

Any one see this yet? I'm sorry if this has already been addressed... im just a little excited... i ordered 5 online :)

http://www.toysrus.c...336#soldInStore

Hi,

i m from singapore, understand that, you have bought 5 packets of it. wonder are you able to buy again on my behalf, total including the shipping costs and overall costing in usd dollars. and mail to singapore

wonder are you able to help me out for this request ? As in singapore, we are not able to get hold of it, except tru bricklink.

thanks

I was thinking. Would we see Elrond as a polybag as well?

Also, I wish he had a cape :(

Edited by Shroffy123

No longer on their site, pity.

I wish it had the Elven ears/hair piece, but otherwise I'll try to grab a few if I ever see them. It's nice that it comes with the tree because if you get multiples, you can just keep building a forest.

I would be extremely surprised if it didn't go back up next week, probably the 27th when the rest of the sets are suppose to officially be released.

I wish it had the Elven ears/hair piece, but otherwise I'll try to grab a few if I ever see them. It's nice that it comes with the tree because if you get multiples, you can just keep building a forest.

Dang, I'm glad ordered yesterday.

Hmm, it seams this probably wasn't supposed to go up for sale at all. It's going to be a promo giveaway with Hobbit sets.

According to my toys r us email my order is confirmed, and the item is shown as in stock. I hope they don't cancel on me.

Hmm, it seams this probably wasn't supposed to go up for sale at all. It's going to be a promo giveaway with Hobbit sets.

AAAAND there goes my squad of Elf archers...

I had a feeling it was just too good to be true. Alas.

I wonder whats going to happen with the 5 I ordered and paid for....... interesting.. im on hold right now with toys r us customer service.... I wanna know whats going on

I know they offered the Frodo Cooking Corner polybag as a promo for the LotR sets a few different times, but they also had it available for purchase the entire time as well. I am wondering if the same will happen with the Mirkwood Elf Guard? If we don't see it pop back up when the new Hobbit sets are released next week I would guess we weren't suppose to be able to buy it individually. Personally I am not too worried...

Darn, I would love to have one of these - amazing minifig! But as an US exclusive so far, being not in any set, and having the potential for (little) army building, I don't see any chance to get my hands on him at a decent price..

I would only suggest caution because TRU is known to cancel out orders where they've made mistakes or ran out of product. Happens with Star Wars and Transformers stuff all the time - look at how often the recent Masterpiece Prime goes up and down on the TRU site. I don't mean to discourage those that have orders in, just watch them carefully.

With that said, I could see how this might be a promo set and if it is, hopefully a few might hit the pegs like the MF Zombie Car I was able to get during the promo because a few were actually in the aisle on pegs. Otherwise, if I have to buy from TRU to get this, then I'm out.

I would only suggest caution because TRU is known to cancel out orders where they've made mistakes or ran out of product. Happens with Star Wars and Transformers stuff all the time - look at how often the recent Masterpiece Prime goes up and down on the TRU site. I don't mean to discourage those that have orders in, just watch them carefully.

I was worried about that, but just got the shipping confirmation email an hour or two ago. That's AFTER getting the order confirmation yesterday... so... fingers are crossed!

So I was in my Toys R US today and they said they didn't have it in stock, but my online order shipped, so that's a plus.

Okay- If you manage to get your hands on an elf poly, this is what to expect. Let's preappologize for the bad camera phone pics, but it was the fastest way to get these up for you!

The parts:

8205179596_c6d2452a40_z.jpg

None of the non-minifigure parts are spectacular, but there are two reddish brown arches, a mushroom top and a large dark green leaf.

I am also a fan of dark orage, so any dark orange parts are nice, even if there are only two of them.

The set assembled:

8205179992_1c1005f1d6_z.jpg

Looks pretty solid. The dark green translucent goblet is pretty slick. I doubt anyone will be keeping the set together, and it is sure to be parted out as soon as possible.

So that's it. Thanks for looking... Oh wait... I think I know what you REALLY picked this set up for... the figure!

The assembled figure from the front:

8205180472_db446c9157_z.jpg

The figure does have back printing AND an alternate face expression! Here it comes:

8205180786_f72b5a520f_z.jpg

camera phone washes the image out a bit, but it is the ol' angry face.

And here is this elf compared to the LotR Legolas:

8204090023_a932a4aa6c_z.jpg

The face is a bit different from Legolas's but I believe it is identical to the barrell escape elf as seen here:

ts.20121009T150555.Image2_79004.jpg

It appears the torso and the legs are exactly the same as well. Still, its a great general purpose torso and it is a nice olive green color.

So let's play around and make the "ultimate" elf with a cape and rolling with the reddish brown hood.

8204090529_6bdb16dea3_z.jpg

And the green hood on an Avalonian archer:

8205182390_c8cda75fd8_z.jpg

Overall the figure is pretty solid and the poly makes for a good parts pack. If you can snag a few, I think it is probably worth the 5 bucks TRU is charging, especially if you can get some holiday discounts that would bring the price down a little closer to the 4 bucks it would probably cost at Target or Walmart.

As a side note, seemed like these didn't seem to ring up perfectly well at TRU, but the helpful clerk overrode whatever issue there was with the polys... all 12 of them of picked up. Happy hunting.

Also, a video review is up in the LotR thread.

Go check it out here.

No, but thank you!

I gotta say, that looks really good, better than just the hood alone. And it also finally gives me something to do with all those Eomer capes I have laying around!

Anyone with any Washington area sightings? I think I might hit two TRUs tomorrow in hopes of finding them.