sgtbernalcl25

Lego Mirkwood Elf Guardian Polybag @ Toys R us

I received my order today but I'm on hold with customer service right now. I ordered and paid for 5 but only got 4. I look forward to the battle ahead of me.

Ya, I got charged for an extra polybag when I bought them in store. I didn't notice till I got home, and at that point I figured there wasn't much I could do. I also received one of my online orders for the polybags a few days ago, but not the other order placed the same day a few minutes later. Luckily that has a tracking number showing no shipment ever sent out so I can prove it's not been shipped or received yet.

You would think with the way TRU jacks up their prices they would be more careful, but it seems they are sloppy and end up ripping people off quite a bit in other ways besides high prices too. A real shame...

Edited by Deathleech

I always count what I am buying LEGO-wise and add it up before I go to the register so I would be able to tell them they are off somewhere. It's worked so far.

So my TRU is officially the worst in the nation. I called yesterday and the lady was so annoyed by my persistence she insisted I call back when the movies are released. And she had an attitude like I had been inquiring excessively and bothering everybody.

That affected me so I called another location this morning and they said they had the sets but no promo polybags. I finally went by my local TRU, didn't want to call considering how I was being treated and by chance there was a LEGO rep in the aisle.

I showed her my empty polybag which I got from ebay and asked about the Mirkwood Elf. She said they haven't had any for a month and it was temporary promo only. I forgot to ask about Gandalf but I was shocked.

For almost two weeks I went by or contacted TRU for the Mirkwood Elf and not one employee could recall them having it or even somebody saying they sold out. Which is odd because people have been reporting more polybags including Gandalf. The Frodo and Uruk-Hai ones are still around so why is the Mirkwood Elf Guard such a temporary product?

I work in retail myself and the experience with TRU is downright disgraceful. Either the employees are grossly misinformed or apathetic or worse they are dismissive and borderline hostile.

Fortunately I noticed that lego.com has the Barrel Escape and it's only 39.99. Now TRU wont see even a penny from me and they can keep their marked up products.

Why exactly did you have an empty Mirkwood Elf polybag with you in TRU? Personally I have seen the polybags at every TRU I visited at least once. Maybe it's just karma getting you back for your unsavory acquiring of so many Elrond polybags?

I just wanted to prove to TRU employees the polybag existed and was hoping it would seem familiar or something.

Actually that happened when I had so much trouble acquiring a Mirkwood Elf. I had bad luck before I even got my legit Elrond. Every day I ran up empty I got something else to help including a couple Forbidden Forest sets to make up a Mirkwood diorama.

I also went on a bricklink spending spree for elvish looking arches and bricks and some windows, doors and gates in preparation for my Mirkwood Sentry Wall.

Also made my first brickforge order so I am excited even if I'm not buying any official Hobbit sets yet.

Edited by Mahtion

Checked my local TRU, no more elf polybags, whereas Saturday I left about two dozen. They also had three Hobbit sets; 79002 Attack of the Wargs, 79003 Unexpected Gatgering & 79010 Goblin King Battle. They were on the end cap of the LEGO aisle.

Its beginning to look like large numbers of these were snatched up and listed on other sites for double or triple their cost. I keep checking the Toys R Us website in the hopes they'll be listed up there again but so far I've come up empty. Frustrating as heck.

Ya, the two TRU stores I went to had tons of Mirkwood elf Guard polybags the first time I stopped in. Probably 20+ polybags at each store. The second time I visited, a few days later, one TRU had no polybags left at all and the other only had 10. I may check later this week, but if they don't put more out by the end of the week I would assume they aren't getting any more.

I hate making these one item videos, but my mother recorded this, so yeah. I found a fair amount (as shown in the video) of the polybags at my Toys"R"Us in Coral Springs, Florida.

Also, I released a review for the set [insert annoying voice warning].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmAQLf7UXNc

Edited by just2good

Just stopped at a local TRU... no 30212 bags =( They had lots of 30213 bags though which I'm less than excited about.

They only had a handful left at my TRU. I think the BOGO sale is probably clearing them out a bit faster (when they are found). At $4.99 apiece, it isn't super enticing outside of being an exclusive (as far as I know). So getting them cheaper will be much more enticing. I grabbed about 6 more the other day and they still had a handful left, but they had TONS of Gandalf (naturally). I'm thinking they are all gone by now, especially since the rest of the Hobbit sets are available there now.

No Gandalfs or Mirkwood Elf polybags, they have the sets all except Barrel Escape. Also there are some city and monster hunters polybags and a section for ninjago and hero factory. That is it.

I have not seen any of the Hobbit or LOTR poly bags at Target or TRU in the Easy Bay (SF, CA) area, however TRU did have a number of different Hobbit box sets on the shelf (Riddle, spiders and set with Gloin in the barrel). I am wondering if I missed the window for the poly bags or if they are just coming here late....???

I'm really keen on finding any or all of these sets for my son so hopefully there will be some good news of them showing up around here.

Well I think they got them in Sacramento because one of the guys on Ebay I bought from was selling from there and he has more than 10 available for purchase on Ebay. I really don't understand how some areas get them and some don't.

That gives me the idea to try calling out of the tricounty area, maybe some areas do get more stock or item promotions than others.....hmm.

Edited by Mahtion

Toys R Us just cancelled my Mirkwood Elf Guard order claiming missing info. Is there any change of getting my order reinstated? I have been in call center limbo for 10 minutes so far.

Toys R Us just cancelled my Mirkwood Elf Guard order claiming missing info. Is there any change of getting my order reinstated? I have been in call center limbo for 10 minutes so far.

When was the order placed? I have an order from almost 2 weeks ago I still haven't heard anything on. I contacted TRU yesterday via e-mail but have yet to receive any confirmation or response. The order was placed for 5 polybags the exact same time an identical order was placed. I received one of the orders this past Saturday but am still waiting on the other. The tracking info doesn't show any info other than UPS recieved the request.. no actual shipment though. I am guessing this order will be cancelled, which is fine by me considering I bought extra polybags in store, for cheaper, anticipating such results.

New details are emerging!!

So my I called a bunch of stores in my area and I realized that I could provide the UPC code on my ebay bought polybag for employees to check inventory. A store in Lakeland, FL helped me and she was very polite and professional, a great contrast to my local TRU staff. They have 30212 at the Lakeland store and when I mentioned how difficult my local store is she said they had them too. I called my store and they have them too but unfortunately they aren't on the floor yet. So I have to call back tomorrow to make sure they have them out on the sales floor. I barely mentioned getting them from receiving but overheard an older grumpy lady complaining so I didn't press the issue. Lakeland is like 30 min away so I hope waiting until tomorrow for my local store will payoff especially with the buy one lego and get 50% off.

Hopefully this bodes well for everyone if their stores are beginning to stock up again.

Well I think they got them in Sacramento because one of the guys on Ebay I bought from was selling from there and he has more than 10 available for purchase on Ebay. I really don't understand how some areas get them and some don't.

That gives me the idea to try calling out of the tricounty area, maybe some areas do get more stock or item promotions than others.....hmm.

Sacramento is a little far for me to drive for these. I might consider trying the Lego store in Dublin/Pleasanton, but still that is a good 25 min drive on the highway for me. Over the past couple years I have seen very limited poly bag sets here. Last year I was lucky to snag a couple star wars sets and the lego kingdoms one, but typically the only ones that sit on the shelves are the Lego city sets. Other than that they seem to be hard to find in the Bay area stores that I go to as if you get one chance and then they are gone.

I'd definitely be interested if anyone could pick up some sets at cost+shipping to help us less fortunate out. :)

When was the order placed? I have an order from almost 2 weeks ago I still haven't heard anything on. I contacted TRU yesterday via e-mail but have yet to receive any confirmation or response. The order was placed for 5 polybags the exact same time an identical order was placed. I received one of the orders this past Saturday but am still waiting on the other. The tracking info doesn't show any info other than UPS recieved the request.. no actual shipment though. I am guessing this order will be cancelled, which is fine by me considering I bought extra polybags in store, for cheaper, anticipating such results.

I ordered mine as In Store Pickup yesterday when they showed back on the TRU website briefly.

I hope waiting until tomorrow for my local store will payoff especially with the buy one lego and get 50% off.

The Hobbit sets don't qualify for the BOGO 50% promotion. At least not according to my store or the TRU website.

The Hobbit sets don't qualify for the BOGO 50% promotion. At least not according to my store or the TRU website.

I scanned the Riddle set at TRU today and it said BOGO on it. So they do qualify. I think they only 'mainstream' Lego series that didn't qualify is Ninjago and that is listed directly on the posted sale sign in the store.