sgtbernalcl25

Lego Mirkwood Elf Guardian Polybag @ Toys R us

So I don't get online for one day because I'm on vacation and this is what I miss. I was just near TRU tonight, but I never go in there. If I had known about this I would have checked it out. But the Wal-Mart I was at did have all of the Hobbit sets (other than the exclusives). I didn't buy any since I am waiting for a sale like the LOTR sets. But it was nice seeing them.

Obviously this polybag would be better with the elf headpiece, but as it is, the torso and green hood are amazing. I will definitely pick one up if I ever get to TRU, maybe tomorrow..

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

Can't wait to get some of these. The dark green hood is just awesome and when you add the dark green cape it looks perfect! Thanks for pics ZCerberus, now get me some polys (PLEASE) :D

Edited by MstrOfPppts

That's a pretty great promo, in spite of the fleshie colors. :tongue:

Might be one of the best I have ever seen of its' kind.

Well, it figures. I ordered a few online because I figured this one would be hard to find... stopped by TRU today and found a bunch, so I picked up three more. Great polybag for sure.

It's a really good looking fig and I like the dark green hood a lot.

Great polybag, but i dont see us getting it here. Otherwise I agree with those saying this polybag is one of the best out there. An olive hood, or a dark green cape would have been better, but other than that, a hood (rather than the hairpiece) is a great way for elves to have quivers, so I say smart move, TLG.

Have 3 up for trade right now. Awesome polybag :)

Would you consider selling them instead of trading?

I just visited the "super" TRU near me and picked up 10 more of the Mirkwood Elf Guard polybag, in addition to the 10 I have coming in the mail. They also had the Riddles for the Ring set, the Mirkwood Spiders, and the Unexpected Gathering. I passed on all three as I refuse to pay the jacked up TRU prices unless there is no other option like with the elf polybag. Plus I am sure I will find them for MSRP or even lower somewhere else soon. I left about ten polybags at the store. I was at another smaller TRU the other day and they didn't have any sets at all, no polybag or anything.

Let's keep trade and sale topics in the proper forum. I will delete other trade offers in this topic.

You guys are so lucky with having access to polybags. :cry_sad:

They had a couple dozen at my local TRU. I picked up two. Great figure and a great parts selection.

So Deathleech, how many are you gonna be at when you order arrives in the mail?

I just visited the "super" TRU near me and picked up 10 more of the Mirkwood Elf Guard polybag, in addition to the 10 I have coming in the mail. They also had the Riddles for the Ring set, the Mirkwood Spiders, and the Unexpected Gathering. I passed on all three as I refuse to pay the jacked up TRU prices unless there is no other option like with the elf polybag. Plus I am sure I will find them for MSRP or even lower somewhere else soon. I left about ten polybags at the store. I was at another smaller TRU the other day and they didn't have any sets at all, no polybag or anything.

Hmm....So it seems only certain super stores carry the polybags and the Hobbit sets. I highly doubt my local Toys R Us with get any Mirkwood Elf Guards in if they don't even have any polybags at all. I should call Orlando location, I imagine they would have a larger store.

Checking the Store Locator, can anyone say what kind of store they went to? Toys r Us with Babys R Us or just Toys R us. There seem to be different kinds of stores which are color coded.

http://www.toysrus.com/storeLocator/index.jsp

Well, it figures. I ordered a few online because I figured this one would be hard to find... stopped by TRU today and found a bunch, so I picked up three more. Great polybag for sure.

It's a really good looking fig and I like the dark green hood a lot.

So they did make it to Texas... Could not find any today! Missed them online yesterday. Boo.

So Deathleech, how many are you gonna be at when you order arrives in the mail?

I am currently at 21 when my order arrives. I plan on using some as Ithilien Rangers, getting some extra elf ears and hairpieces for a portion of the others, and leaving the rest as is except adding all my Eomer capes laying around.

Hmm....So it seems only certain super stores carry the polybags and the Hobbit sets. I highly doubt my local Toys R Us with get any Mirkwood Elf Guards in if they don't even have any polybags at all. I should call Orlando location, I imagine they would have a larger store.

I am not sure if it technically is called a super TRU, I just know its much larger than any of the other couple of TRU stores near me. Coincidentally I did go back to the smaller one I checked yesterday that had nothing and they had the elf polybags out now, as well as some freshly stocked Hobbit sets. Both TRU stores only had the Mirkwood Spider, Riddles, and Gathering sets out, no Warg or Goblin King sets. The bigger TRU had prolly 30 or so elf polybags while the small TRU only had 10 or so. However the smaller one ha tons of Unexpected Gatherings sets while the bigger TRU only had 3.

Edited by Deathleech

Checking the Store Locator, can anyone say what kind of store they went to? Toys r Us with Babys R Us or just Toys R us. There seem to be different kinds of stores which are color coded.

Mine was a Toys R Us with Babies R Us.