On a scale 1 to 5  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

I was at the mall with the GameStop where I got Elrond before and decided to see if I could get another if they had any left. I did get another one, and it sounds like they have a lot of them left.

I was at the mall with the GameStop where I got Elrond before and decided to see if I could get another if they had any left. I did get another one, and it sounds like they have a lot of them left.

Which mall is that?

They just gave you a figure? Wow, must be nice. I went into all of the GameStops around here and they all basically yelled at me for trying to get more. They said it is against policy and they don't want to get fired. I must have a lot of really "honest" people working around here haha.

I went for a game stop here in Tyresö and the guy in the shop showed me a lot of figs, and he said "We have some left. If you buy the game I can give it to you". I stared at the figures, and who do you think buyed the game? Me! But he had none for wii, so I preordered the game, so I get the game and Elrond on friday.

Really good review!

They just gave you a figure? Wow, must be nice. I went into all of the GameStops around here and they all basically yelled at me for trying to get more. They said it is against policy and they don't want to get fired. I must have a lot of really "honest" people working around here haha.

Ya, I haven't even bothered because I assume I would get the same results as you did. I don't understand how so many people are apparently getting free minfigures and extras.. why would Gamestop just give them away? I'm pretty sure that's grounds for firing, or at the very least being reprimanded. I mean I could see giving them to you if you bought something there, even if it's not the LotR videogame.. but just giving them away when asked? Really? REALLY???

I contacted Lego about the cape and they said they'd send me a replacement part. It just came in the mail today and it contained ... another short blue cape. Disappointing but I guess I'll use it for Thorin as others have suggested.

That is disappointing. It doesn't sound like it's Lego's intention to correct the mistake at all, leaving everyone stuck with an inaccurate minifig. :thumbdown:

I am hiding a series of posts discussing what is essentially stealing Elrond figures. DO NOT discuss stealing LEGO here or ANYWHERE on the forum.

I contacted Lego about the cape and they said they'd send me a replacement part. It just came in the mail today and it contained ... another short blue cape. Disappointing but I guess I'll use it for Thorin as others have suggested.

Same thing happened to me. I just received my short cape in the mail...even though TLG assured me they would send along a standard cape. I'm going to contact TLG to see what's up.

EDIT:

Just got off the phone with TLG and they noticed they sent out a short cape instead of a long one and are now sending the new cape in the mail. I'll let you all know if they do send out the corrected item or not.

Edited by olliebojangles

Same thing happened to me. I just received my short cape in the mail...even though TLG assured me they would send along a standard cape. I'm going to contact TLG to see what's up.

EDIT:

Just got off the phone with TLG and they noticed they sent out a short cape instead of a long one and are now sending the new cape in the mail. I'll let you all know if they do send out the corrected item or not.

I know I'll be looking forward to your response. I sent them a message asking about the cape (even offering to pay for it :tongue:)and they said they couldn't correct the cape at that time.

Try Ebay or Bricklink, I think I saw a Cape multipack of 5 in different colors like Dark Green, Royal Blue, Brown, Grey, etc.

I find it odd that someone earlier in the thread said they received long capes from LEGO but the majority get no response or even the same short cape sent again.

I think LEGO plans on only giving the short blue cape because they told me they didn't have long capes in that shade of blue. I looked on eBay and bricklink and blue capes can be pretty expensive. The multipack might be a good way to go though. Otherwise, The more I look at him, I wish he had a long blue cape, but I think he looks better with the short blue cape than no cape at all for some reason. He just needs a cape I think to complete his outfit.

I went into GameStop recently and asked about more figures and one store said they would only give one to you if you bought the game and another store said they only gave them out for pre-orders. So there might be a disconnect somewhere. But if you bought multiple copies of the game to get multiple figures and then resold the games on eBay or somewhere, you probably could make your money back and get more than 1 figure?? Probably not the most economical way of doing it, but everyone wins in that scenario (unless you get stuck with 10 different LEGO LOTR games). But I guess it would be the legitimate way of going about it, unless paying $50 for a $20 figure isn't your cup of tea :tongue: .

Edited by TheLegoDr

Yeah I think the 5 pack of either sand blue or royal blue capes was around 5 bucks. So a dollar a cape isn't too expensive. I plan on getting a few myself so I can give proper Lothlorien cloaks to the Fellowship among other uses.

Also they had the fuller cape that looks pretty cool on someone like Elrond or even a Lothlorien Elf.

I will have to sift through my watch list on Ebay and find the store.

The games are only 30 bucks so each Elrond sells for at least 20 bucks. If you are getting the game that way it could work as long as you can sell each copy for at lest 15 dollars to break even or at least it feels like you are paying around 10 bucks for an Elrond.

However the link I posted had them for preorder for 11.99, if you can wait until January you could avoid paying 2x to 3x more for each minifg.

Edited by Mahtion

Above Average - would be Outstanding if available en masse and with a proper cape. Still an excellent figure, and I hope we see his armor reused in a Last Alliance or Rivendell set.

Well Elrond is wearing a new red version of Noldorin armor in the Hobbit. Also there are some mounted Elf lords in Ricendell according to the movie. Maybe we will see some iteration in Lego form.

I got my figure when I pre-purchased the game. I've played and enjoyed all the lego games before this but none have made me want to pre-pay until I saw the Elrond figure and the code is for an in-game figure which is just a blast within the game.

I just picked up my game AND Elrond :wub: :wub:

While the short cape is a little disapointing I will just BL a full cape.

Tried to sqeeze an extra figure out of them but no luck.

What a fantastic little figure. The Elven sword is sweet!

Now to populate my house with more elves!

Just got my 2 bricklinked Elrond polybags. Australian customs felt they had to open the package and one of the polybags to examine the contents. Good thing I was going to open one anyway and keep one packaged up. Serves me right for recieving an envelope with 2 small bags in it from the Netherlands :laugh: The fig is fantastic and was definatly worth getting.

Amazingly detailed review for such a small set. Very nice! :thumbup:

It's a shame that it will probably not be coming to our part of the world...

Amazingly detailed review for such a small set. Very nice! :thumbup:

It's a shame that it will probably not be coming to our part of the world...

Just a matter of what you are willing to pay. Shipping cost e.g. from Germany are 15€ without insurance and 17€ with insurance.

Hi I think this will be the best place to ask, I just got Elrond new in pack and I have lines/cracks on both sides of the torso coming down from each arm, is this just becuase of where it was made and its not as good as a normal fig or did I get a bad one.

Thanks