Electricsteam

Electrosteam's Bag of Ideas

Maybe not that old, but it's an odd one. Served as a heavy shunter in the harbor of Antwerp and was known as "Koe en Kalf" (Cow and Calf). The calf was shunter 8275, but without a cab, so the driver could stay in the same cab during the shunting. But there is still a cab but without a roof in 8275 (plate with number on can be removed)

8275%20en%208274%20in%20Antwerpen%20Noord.jpg

Hey guys! I have discovered more about the Crampton 6-2-0, It is much longer that I originally thought I found this out when my relative sent me a photo of it he found while in his photography class. That photo of the train is apparently one of the earliest photos using metal plate I think he said but that photo was an amazing part of film history.

Are there any more pictures of it! Showing this length? I'm curious.

I will have the photograph later but I am reading from the info from the book it says "This photograph was produced in 1850 using a Calotype paper negative" On the photo it says "EIGHT FEET DRIVER LOCOMOTIVE Built by Messrs. Norris Brother Philad'd"

Hey guys! I'll be posting a nice little PF train I built once I find my digital camera later! Also There is a Mod of Minecraft called TrainCraft and it has a few trains that would be great to base off for some narrow gauge Lego locos.

It's not really a wierd locomotive that I've chosen but it's a hard one to make it work like it does.

The German BR 97 35279807.jpg

Forgot to mention.... I have a few locos built that I will be posting in the upcoming day.

I am sorry I have not been on for the past few months a lot of things have come up.

Just a little something from the crypt...

A small MOC of a Minecraft Traincraft Mod small steam locomotive...

HctnAQ8.jpg?1

Just a little something I dug up and I meant to share ages ago...

Sorry for potato photo

Here's a Bay Window Cupola caboose, as brought to my attention by Flickr user The new intermodalman when I built my bay window / wide vision caboose:

5287297054_ef1d298859_z.jpg

It's a bay window / cupola caboose!

And here's a couple from my neck of the woods:

5961707240_e7fc702160_z.jpg

1905 Italian State Railways Brown Boveri (It was never shipped to Italy)

5963627334_0544d803e3_z.jpg

Here is the last surviving Eddy Clock (type named after it's designer), a Boston & Albany with dome-less boiler named Mamora

5961707796_2cb27fdeed_z.jpg

New York Central L-2b ALCO 4-8-2 built in 1929, one of the last NYC steamers (currently being cosmetically restored)

12045883665_6f06d49738_z.jpg

Chicago & Illinois Midland 2-8-2 #551: last of this road's steamers

Edited by Murdoch17

CP1902Dome.jpgweird_train.jpg

Interesting concept. Double cupola on a coach.

ar8.jpg

Brings a new meaning to 'tank' car. Haha

Edited by Spitfire2865

I love this topic.

weird_train.jpg

800px-Queensland_McKeen_car.jpg

This is a McKeen motor car, and it was one of the earliest rail vehicles to have streamlining applied, even if a rudimentary form of it. The front end is actually on the right in the above photograph. A number were built in the teens as I recall, and I believe one survives today. A Lego model would be a challenging build.

Now for the second category Electric / Diesel

eEbjK.jpg

Here is a very unusual... I don't know what too call it :wacko:

I think we're looking at the drive train for a Crocodile locomotive, commonly used in Switzerland. Or at least something similar ;).

SBB%20Cr1.jpg

Its wheel arrangement is a little different (2-6+6-2 rather than 4-4+4-4), but it's the same sort of drive system for an electric locomotive.

The drivetrain is from a PRR DD1. Someone said so at the end of the first page

Edited by THERIZE

Electricsteam,

I stumbled onto this... er, how do I put it? Pancake cabin on rollers? It is a Breuer Lokomotor or Traktor and its sole existence is to move things around the engine house|round house. Maybe shed on rollers might be a more fitting description.

385px-Breuer_Lokomotor.jpg

WLE in Germany owns one that they use: http://www.wle-onlin...okomotiven.html

But then again, the Milwaukee Road built this critter on top of a truck and made a very long extension cord for it. (Apparently it got run over some...) One ran around the Deer Lodge, MT shops. The other made its home at the Harlowton, MT shops.

http://www.railpictu...o.php?id=361108

Or there is always this Conrail special: 0 shop bug. And old EMD powered truck|bogie with a battery pack on top. Don't forget to plug it in after use.

http://www.railpictu...t/photo/251258/

3D LEGO

But then again, the Milwaukee Road built this critter on top of a truck and made a very long extension cord for it. (Apparently it got run over some...) One ran around the Deer Lodge, MT shops. The other made its home at the Harlowton, MT shops.

http://www.railpictu...o.php?id=361108

You mean... this guy?

26040627930_a158a1a18d.jpg

ALCO,

Yup, that is the one. Not pretty but it got the job done. Did you build that digital model? (Funny thing is that I have seen E70 but I did not know about the critter being in Deer Lodge as well. Then again I was going off the book I had and well... E70 had moved from the courthouse lawn down next to the old jail. But I luckily managed to find it.)

3D LEGO