Sign in to follow this  
just2good

Nintendo Wii U/3DS discussion + friend codes/Nintendo Network names

I haven't really seen any topic for this yet, but the Wii U has come out today.

, and I'm pretty happy about it. Anyways, did any of you get it? What's your Nintendo Network name? Which games did you get? I got New Super Mario Bros. U, and my Nintendo Network name is 'just2good'. :grin:

Also, there isn't a topic for the 3DS yet. Feel free to post your 3DS friend codes and game discussion here. Though, I really don't remember my friend code. PM me if you want to verse me in Mario Kart 7.

The Wii U is basically broken because Nintendo rushed it to get it out on store shelves before Christmas. Everything on the Wii U doesn't work. TV features are disabled. Miiverse is not working. Wii U isn't reading the games and tons of people are bricking their systems during the day 1 update because the Wii U shuts down by itself after 90 minutes of inactivity.

The Wii U is basically broken because Nintendo rushed it to get it out on store shelves before Christmas. Everything on the Wii U doesn't work. TV features are disabled. Miiverse is not working. Wii U isn't reading the games and tons of people are bricking their systems during the day 1 update because the Wii U shuts down by itself after 90 minutes of inactivity.

It is really sad to see all of this happening. I've experienced a few problems too, but thankfully nothing killer. I'm so happy my console didn't brick as it only took 80ish minutes and I had the inactivity thing on.

I remember hearing that these features were not to be activated within the first week of release. I have no idea where, but somehow I do.

I already bricked mine. Damnit. Thankfully I was able to refund it. (Don't ask me how :grin: ) Ultimately I just decided to buy LEGO.

Edited by TheRedGuy

I already bricked mine. Damnit. Thankfully I was able to refund it. (Don't ask me how :grin: ) Ultimately I just decided to buy LEGO.

Aw, that sucks. :sad:

How the heck did you get a refund?

how do you find out what your 3DS friend code is?

I think you have to go on the friend's list.

I think you have to go on the friend's list.

lol, I googled it and came back here, and by that time you had posted. Anyway, mine is: 5370-1365-1630

So the Wii U is a faulty console?

Looks like we'll be going with the 720 when it comes to next-gen consoles.

Well most consoles experience many faults around their release date. Didn't the Xbox 360 have some major issues around its release also?

Well most consoles experience many faults around their release date. Didn't the Xbox 360 have some major issues around its release also?

I'm not sure. Doing some quick research, it seems like it didn't. If it did, I would really like to know!

Wii U isnt a faulty console. The xbox 360 did have some major and minor bugs when it came out, as all new game systems do. I personally recommend the wii u! Contact nintendo about a replacement for your bricked wii u.

Edited by sologuy369

Anyone with the Wii U get Black Ops 2 yet? I heard it's much better than past Nintendo CoD games.

Anyone with the Wii U get Black Ops 2 yet? I heard it's much better than past Nintendo CoD games.

I'm very curious on this too... I heard people like using the game pad in the game, as it feel very comfortable.

Also, the YouTube app is up on the Wii U! It's crazy hearing my voice on the TV. :grin:

And, I beat New Super Mario Bros. U with my brother today! I'm amazed we got around to beating it in less than a week, as these past few days were pretty busy for us.

Edited by just2good

http://kotaku.com/5965813/watch-the-latest-nintendo-direct-here

Oh. My. God.

The latest Nintendo Direct (which will be released in English in 2-3 hours) opens in maybe the best way possible. I'm sure my fellow AFOLs will be just as excited as I was when I saw that.

Anyway, it also goes over games other than Lego City: Undercover, which is why I'm posting it here instead of in the topic for that game. But now I want an Iwatafig...

Who needs an English version!

That was EPIC!!

I need one, and another of Reggie Fils Aime.

Anyone else get a good feeling about a LEGO and Nintendo team up after seeing the opening to that video? That Bomb-Omb and Piranha Plant looked awesome! Maybe the Legend of Zelda CuuSoo project spurred some more interesting talks, which could lead to the reasoning that this review period has taken such a long time!

http://kotaku.com/59...ndo-direct-here

Oh. My. God.

The latest Nintendo Direct (which will be released in English in 2-3 hours) opens in maybe the best way possible. I'm sure my fellow AFOLs will be just as excited as I was when I saw that.

Anyway, it also goes over games other than Lego City: Undercover, which is why I'm posting it here instead of in the topic for that game. But now I want an Iwatafig...

That was AWESOME!!! I hope this means we'll get that Zelda Cuusoo set! :grin:

Oh, the English version is here.

I hate being a bumper, but is anyone getting Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon this Sunday? Or, whenever it comes out where you live? It has an online mode, so it would be fun to play with y'all! :grin:

Additionally, I've been playing the original from start to finish the past few days. I hope the sequel tops the original, because the original is fantastic!

Luigi's Mansion you say? I'll have to look into that one. I've been having fun with LEGO City Undercover on WiiU so far, but more games for 3DS is always a good thing!

I will certainly consider Luigi's Mansion, but my priority is LEGO City Undercover, which comes out tomorrow. Shame I forgot to preorder it :sad:

Edited by Wall E2624

I recentley got a Wii U for my son (well, he saved up for it), along with Sonic Racing Transformed. He's been playing on the Wii U everyday for the past week, so it's good to see he enjoys it. I'll be getting him Lego City Undercover for him at the end of the month too, since he doesn't seem to stop talking about it :laugh:

So the Wii U is a faulty console?

Looks like we'll be going with the 720 when it comes to next-gen consoles.

lol...

Every brand will have issues. But Nintendo by far is statistically the safest bet if you're talking about stability. Yes, some people will be unlucky. But seriously, there's absolutely no comparison when it comes to glitches, breaking or bricking consoles.

Xbox 360 had a 27% failure rate. Over 1/4th of the consoles that were bought have DIED. That's TERRIBLE! Towards the beginning of it's lifespan it was actually OVER 50%! But they got better at making them not fail but still.... it's bad.

Sony is next. They have about a 10% failure rate. It was higher at first but has gotten better (as this is how it works for ALL of them).

Nintendo is the best every generation. It's got like a 2.5% failure rate (Wii, not WiiU).

So really, seriously... NO. Statistically, ignoring the games and personal tastes, Nintendo is leagues and bounds more "safe" from faulty individual consoles. WiiU is about the same most likely as the Wii.

There was a problem though if you turned off a WiiU during an update (even though it clearly says NOT TO just like any computer would) you'd brick it. A lot of people did this. But honestly, I blame them... when it says don't turn off the console DO NOT TURN IT OFF! ;p

Of course the console using the oldest technologies will be the least likely to crash. :laugh:

Out of all the last gen systems I have/had, I only had issues with 1 xbox 360. That's out of a total of (i'd rather not say) quite a few. And all my systems Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 were launch systems. Since then, I've upgraded the 360 a couple times but I still have one of my launch systems with no problems at all.

Anyway, game consoles, I love you all. :wub: