Captain Roger

Which LEGO Pirate captain is your favorite?

213 members have voted

1. 1. What pirate captain do you prefer?

• 1989 Captain Roger/Redbeard
    • Captain Ironhook
    • Captain Brickbeard
    • Captain Pete
    • Pirate Captain of Minifigue series
    • 2015 Captain Roger/Redbeard
    • Captain from Pirate Treasure Hunt
    • Captain Pirate from Pirates Perilous Pitfall

I dot really like pirates... I am a loyal redcoat!

Then there wasn't really a need for your post was there? No one had commented in this thread for almost a month and then you bump it to the top of the forum to say that?

Please put more thought into the posts you make.

My vote goes with the Cap'n from the CMF Series. I just like the overall design and accessories. Roger is a bit dated, ya know. But of course, a classic is a classic! :grin:

Preferences in Order:

1. CMF Captain

2. BrickBeard

3. Roger

4. Pete

5. Ironhook

shame cp'n Foul isn't in the list, I would have voted for him even though he is never released :grin:

So captain Redbeard gets my vote ( naturally )

I think Captain Roger is my favorite minifigure ever, that's the one I played the most with.

Edited by mpaisana

Redbeard and Blue Coats for me. I never liked the newer pirate sets as much as the original ones from 1989.

I grew up with Captain Brickbeard,he's after all my very first pirate captain.So yea you can guess where my vote goes.

Edited by LOTR343

Hi mates:

I have edited the poll adding 2015 Captain Roger/Redbeard. If you voted before the last captain was added, remember that you can to delete your old vote and vote again.

Me, I keep my vote to Captain Brickbeard. About the new captain, I don't like his teeth. I admit that teeth would be apropiate for a ragged pirate like Ironhook, but I don't like that teeth in a smart pirate

Since you have that "Captain Pete" guy, how about including the new Junior Pirate Captain as well?

Since you have that "Captain Pete" guy, how about including the new Junior Pirate Captain as well?

You are right, I Have just added him. Thanks for your apport pirate_classic.gif

Are we sure hes a captain, though? It takes more to make a captain than a fancy hat - there was a pirate in the 1997 Pirates Perilous Pitfall set with a captains hat, and I wouldnt advocate adding him...

Are we sure hes a captain, though? It takes more to make a captain than a fancy hat - there was a pirate in the 1997 Pirates Perilous Pitfall set with a captains hat, and I wouldnt advocate adding him...

I guess that's a fair point, but in that case: do we know that "Captain Pete" is actually a captain? or called Pete at all? pirate_look.gif

As for the best captain, I think that Brickbeard's head on the new Captain Roger's torso and with the new hat would make for the ultimate pirate captain.

That depends, is there official material confirming itthe guy as Captain Pete? (I kind of assumed so, but Im not sure). That would be the one necessary & sufficient criterion for inclusion on this list, IMO. For the record, I do think both juniors set pirates are meant to be captains, Im just curious.

We aren't sure that he is a captain. Like I said in 26 November 2012:

1) Captain Roger is the leader of a big crew, has 3 pirate ships and 3 bases

2) Captain Ironhook is the leader of the Renegade Runner tripulation

3) Captain Brickbeard is the leader of the Brickbeard's bounty tripulation.

4) The new Captain of the collectable minifigures is a captain according with his biography.

5) Pete is supposed to be a captain because he has a black bicorne with the jolly roger, but we don't know anything about his life. We can doubt about if he is a captain or not, but Roger, Ironhook, Brickbeard and the collectable minifigure are true pirate captains, and this is undenyable.

I guess that's a fair point, but in that case: do we know that "Captain Pete" is actually a captain? or called Pete at all? :pir-look:

Well, I have already replied about if Pete is actually a Captain or not. About if he is called Pete, I took that name because in the previous poll about our favourite Captain, created in 2009 by General Armendariz, he called that minifig Captain Pete, you can look that old thread:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24717

I guess is an unnoficial name, like Steve, the guy who appears in Imperial Trading Post and Skull Eye's Schooner. EB user DoubleT called him 'Steve' in a 2005 thread, and now, all of us call him 'Steve'.

That depends, is there official material confirming itthe guy as Captain Pete?

I guess not. I guess that name was invented by General Armendariz.

By the way, I guess if I have included Captain Pete in the list, I should add this guy too:

Pirate_green_shirt2.jpg

So I'm going to add him right now. Remember that you can delete your vote and vote again if you want to change your vote

Sweet thread, I had to jump in!

I went with 2015 Captain Roger/Redbeard but then I might be a bit biased. :D

Hope you're enjoying new Pirates just as much as I do, it has been more than 25 years since these lads sailed in the seas of bricks!

Cheers,

D

Sweet thread, I had to jump in!

I went with 2015 Captain Roger/Redbeard but then I might be a bit biased. :D

Hope you're enjoying new Pirates just as much as I do, it has been more than 25 years since these lads sailed in the seas of bricks!

Cheers,

D

I, like you, love the new line. It is a fitting line in its own right, as well as being a nice tribute. (Redbeard and the blue coats). I think redbeard, will be the greatest lego captain EVER. And this new guy I see as the same guy, just updated.