CM4Sci

Legends of Chima TV Series

:oh:

I never thought about that...

The obvious is staring us in the face...

But why do I have a feeling that this will be a way for Fluminox to "redeem" himself and "pass" in peace? (purely speculation).

Yeah, I felt that was a little obvious, but some stuff from the most recent episode:

The eight Phoenix that used the armor are implyed to have died, as Fluminox called it his greatest lost.

Also, ShadoWind!

Edited by krystalKING

Hey guys guess what? Nothing happened in today's episode. Just reiteration of what has been said in previous episodes...

We are now on hiatus until the 2015 season starts.

In the mean time, re-runs will air at 6AM while Sonic Boom takes the 7AM slot.

Hey guys guess what? Nothing happened in today's episode. Just reiteration of what has been said in previous episodes...

We are now on hiatus until the 2015 season starts.

In the mean time, re-runs will air at 6AM while Sonic Boom takes the 7AM slot.

But, what about episode 40? If we're going by the original season size, there should be one more episode before it ends.

Of course, Dish removing Cartoon network means I can't verify this, I have to watch my shows online. :hmpf_bad:

But, what about episode 40? If we're going by the original season size, there should be one more episode before it ends.

Of course, Dish removing Cartoon network means I can't verify this, I have to watch my shows online. :hmpf_bad:

Most likely, the final episode will air before the 2015 wave of sets come out, considering that the Ice Bears might be teased at the end.

Or it won't be your conventional season of Chima, and it will exceed the 20 episode season that we are used too.

Then again, many pieces of media have considered the Outlands episodes to be an entirely separate season from the Fire an Ice episodes. If this is official, then we just might be only half way through this "third season."

Most likely, the final episode will air before the 2015 wave of sets come out, considering that the Ice Bears might be teased at the end.

Or it won't be your conventional season of Chima, and it will exceed the 20 episode season that we are used too.

Then again, many pieces of media have considered the Outlands episodes to be an entirely separate season from the Fire an Ice episodes. If this is official, then we just might be only half way through this "third season."

True, but twenty episodes split up into two seasons isn't that far removed from a thriteen episode season for most series.

Legends of Chima will be returning for a two episode season finale on November 22nd.

Last time I heard "*multiple* new episodes" we got only one new one... (episode three's original release in March of 2013).

Yay! I suppose. Best guess is that we'll be getting to see the Ice Bears at the end. Maybe even a trailer for the next season.

Edited by Penkid11

Legends of Chima will be returning for a two episode season finale on November 22nd.

Last time I heard "*multiple* new episodes" we got only one new one... (episode three's original release in March of 2013).

Yay! I suppose. Best guess is that we'll be getting to see the Ice Bears at the end. Maybe even a trailer for the next season.

The 22nd?

NOOOOO! :vader:

Cartoon network isn't on dish anymore, so I'll have to watch it in sub-par online quality. :hmpf_bad:

Not that I'll care that much, since Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming out the day before.

Edited by krystalKING

Volume 7 of Legends of Chima comes out on the 27th in Australia. On the same date, a box-set of volumes 5-7 will come out. This covers the Outlands and the Fire vs. Ice episodes. The latter really helps me because I still haven't collected any of the Chima DVDs yet. Edited by Wall E2624

Ok, just watched episodes 40 and 41 (Wings of Fire and Heart of Cavora). Some thoughts:

At the beginning of Heart of Cavora, Eris says these are the last legends of Chima. Does this imply the series is over?

At the end of the episode, it shows that Chima is just a giant floating rock and there is much more to explore beyond it past the outlands... Is this just a dramatic ending or does it mean Chima will continue on with more episodes? Or a spin-off series could even replace it with new characters and such of what was going on below Chima's floating rock?

Kinda disappointing that the 2015 winter wave of Chima sets only got two episodes' coverage.

There was so much hype built up about how the Ice Bears were insane and battle crazy, but a bit disappointing NONE of them really had any of these characteristics at all. I mean, they just kinda showed up and started fighting for about 5 or so minutes.

I really feel that the story arc with these two episodes really could have been dragged out for at least 5 or six more episodes, kind of like what they did with the Outlands season... The whole fire wing collecting seemed very rushed and the Ice bears had no character whatsoever.

At the beginning of Heart of Cavora they explained where they found the Fire Wing harnesses, but they were only shown finding four... Again, they could have easily dragged this out even for ten episodes, with the first eight of them finding one harness each eposes and the last two summarizing what happened in the final fight once they got all the harnesses in Heart of Cavora.

Anyway, just some thoughts, I really wish that it hadn't been so rushed and it had been spread out over more episodes. Also, if Chima really is over, that would be very sad. Watching the episodes every weekend sort of became my routine...

Yes the series is over. The 2015 wave will be the last wave.

Which means we have a new media centric action theme on the way!

Onto the episodes:

WOW! For a show that started out so iffy, THAT is how you end a series. Congratulations Lego, you have now officially completed, with closure, and entire television series. Galidor and HERO Factory have been redeemed.

I absolutely loved these episodes. Besides the rushed plot point that was the Fire-wing Harnesses, I really loved how they went back to the centric part of the series: friendship. This was something that we lost story wise in the middle of in the series.

I really wish that the Lagravis/Lavertus reuniting would have been more dramatic, but oh well. I also thought it was interesting that all of the features of Chima that appeared man-made (or in this case, Phoenix-made) had actual significance this entire time.

I also need a happy Fangar minifig ASAP.

Now here's the real question. How are the Chima fans going to react when they hear that Chima is done? I mean when Ninjago ended, I was told that my nearest Lego Store, as well as the customer service line were swamped with calls either asking whether Ninjago was gone, or begging them to bring it back. It worked. Now we all know that Chima got better after the first few episodes, so I'm really curious if they might take a step in this direction as well.

I wouldn't like it very much, due to the serious amount of closure we got (revealing that the world of Chima is a floating land is as "closure" as you can get!). It would feel anit-climatic, similar to the "Final Battle" of Ninjago. Now we're nearly two years beyond that "Final Battle" and the villain still stands. I love Ninjago, but it kinda irks me that they continued it. It's a small grip though.

MOTHER OF GOD THAT WAS AWESOME.

I really hope at least, that we get to see more of the surface, there are birds there at least half the size of Cavora, and there's definitely more plot-material there, I just don't want the best series ever to end.

there are birds there at least half the size of Cavora

Or they could just be closer to the camera....

But yeah, when I first saw that I got super excited about dinosaurs and the like!

I really hope this won't end, I was very sad watching the end of these as it is likely the end. I guess we'll just have to see...

Yes the series is over. The 2015 wave will be the last wave.

I wouldn't like it very much, due to the serious amount of closure we got (revealing that the world of Chima is a floating land is as "closure" as you can get!). It would feel anit-climatic, similar to the "Final Battle" of Ninjago. Now we're nearly two years beyond that "Final Battle" and the villain still stands. I love Ninjago, but it kinda irks me that they continued it. It's a small grip though.

Are you sure it is over?

In a way, I guess they left the ending open to a possible next season as well, although far more subtly than Galidor (if anyone remembers that ending). They could have easily zoomed out just to the edge of Chima, but they decided to show the entire land (and the Chima we know is just another floating rock) I guess that they left it like this to see if the customers would ask for Chima's return. If LEGO was spammed with calls, they would have something to work from to reboot Chima (the rest of the land) whereas if they didn't get calls, they could just end the series with this and it wouldn't be that much of a cliffhanger. Either way, it allows the story creators to have something more to work with for a possible next season that the Ninjago story writers did...

Edited by legozebra

Or they could just be closer to the camera....

But yeah, when I first saw that I got super excited about dinosaurs and the like!

I really hope this won't end, I was very sad watching the end of these as it is likely the end. I guess we'll just have to see...

Are you sure it is over?

In a way, I guess they left the ending open to a possible next season as well, although far more subtly than Galidor (if anyone remembers that ending). They could have easily zoomed out just to the edge of Chima, but they decided to show the entire land (and the Chima we know is just another floating rock) I guess that they left it like this to see if the customers would ask for Chima's return. If LEGO was spammed with calls, they would have something to work from to reboot Chima (the rest of the land) whereas if they didn't get calls, they could just end the series with this and it wouldn't be that much of a cliffhanger. Either way, it allows the story creators to have something more to work with for a possible next season that the Ninjago story writers did...

Yes. There was a Russian video detailing the timeline, the fact that the show had a story bible, and character designs (most of which were preliminary, but awesome all the same). The important piece to note is the timeline, which stated that the series would last for three years, 2015 (obviously) being the final year.

HOWEVER...

You are right with the potential plot device that can be found in the fact that Chima is a floating island, and that there is a whole world below to explore.

So an email to Lego mentioned that they aren't quite done with the series, not sure if that means the TV Series will continue or not though...

I also got a small nugget of information that I thought I should share: Eris' father is Ewald.

That changes the context of their conversations for me quite a bit.

Edited by krystalKING

I also got a small nugget of information that I thought I should share: Eris' father is Ewald.

Woah. Is it possible for you to save that email as a PDF and link to it, or at the very least screenshot it? The reason I ask is I'd love to be able to cite that for Brickipedia, plus I'd be interested in the whole response from LEGO and their exact wording.

Woah. Is it possible for you to save that email as a PDF and link to it, or at the very least screenshot it? The reason I ask is I'd love to be able to cite that for Brickipedia, plus I'd be interested in the whole response from LEGO and their exact wording.

I can try a little later when I access the picture, a friend of mine sent the email, but I'll see about posting the image he sent me.

Edited by krystalKING

I can try a little later when I access the picture, a friend of mine sent the email, but I'll see about posting the image he sent me.

Awesome, thanks! :)

Here's a link:

http://img3.wikia.no.../2015_email.jpg

Credit for the image and asking the question to FireHeart318 on the Legends Of Chima wikia for taking and sharing the image.

Thanks a bunch, and I didn't even know that wiki still existed haha, I used to be an admin on it lol

MOTHER OF GOD THAT WAS AWESOME.

I really hope at least, that we get to see more of the surface, there are birds there at least half the size of Cavora, and there's definitely more plot-material there, I just don't want the best series ever to end.

Art_Mata_Nui_Restoring_Spherus_Magna.JPG

There ya go.

But in all seriousness, does anyone recommend I buy the Fire VS Ice DVDs? If it's really that good, I might pick up all the Chima DVDs anyway.

So I emailed Lego regarding whether or not the Legends of Chima TV series has officially ended.

To solidify all of the claims, not to mention the dialog from episode 41:

The Legends of Chima television show has ended.

I guess now would be a good time to re-watch the series.

Not surprised. This is exactly how NINJAGO was originally to go out. If there's demand for Chima, it'll come back.

LEGO rarely officially announces the discontinuation of a line. But however, the whole "Final Battle" plot line is huge evidence for this, and comments from Jay Vincent about the track "Storming The Tower" confirm that episode 26 was to be the final episode. The line was being cancelled, and so was the show. Consumer demand saved it. Chima could have a similar event, but I don't think it has developed a following like NINJAGO did, even with Fire VS Ice, to do it.

Personally, I would like it if they did discontinue Chima, not because I dislike it (which I do) but because they're pushing for a NINJAGO come-back and I'd like to see something other than "minor" lines like Ultra Agents being introduced. The "big" lines are basically City, Star Wars, Chima, etc.

Sorry for a huge bump but I wanted to express my opinion on season 2. After watching every episode in about three days I must say they handled the story line quite well. I must complain though that some episodes took away some potentially more meaningful plot. Several episodes were squandered over Flinx (I could hardly bare to hear his voice btw), and pointless battles that didn't need to take place, not to mention how Fluminox had to tell the whole backstory three times. I just wish they would have mentioned Eris and Rogon's relationship one last time, actually shown the Mammoth fortress, and show the bear mech's "car" mode. I agree with the previous statement that the last two episodes should have been broken up into 4-6 actual episodes. I truly enjoyed this theme and wish we could see where LEGO would have taken it.