Sign in to follow this  
Eric J. Olson

4.5V to 9V Track Solution

I guess this will be ever so useful to those of us who have lots of old style track that we still want to use, looks like a good idea for a solution to that problem.

It should also work well with the PF track as well... pity there is still no option to match the spacing of the Indiana Jones track; so close and yet...

Nice one, not for me I don't have any old track, but for those that doña really nice solution

A very simple and elegant design of adapter. I don't own any of the old track, but I could see myself using this adapter and some of the old track parts to create a permanent way repair crew scene.

I'm only guessing here but it looks like this solution won't work if you lay your track over baseplates as one side or the other would now be offset by a half stud.

I agree the solution is a nice option though.

I'm only guessing here but it looks like this solution won't work if you lay your track over baseplates as one side or the other would now be offset by a half stud.

The rail itself, yes, but the connector below, no...it'll work out in the end. But I know what you're saying as you're referring more to ballast.