Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #51: A Shanty for Science

When Arthur finished, Thalion nodded towards the captain and added, "This is true captain, you will not hear anything different from the rest of us."

Oh, right, you have some sort of PM thing going on. Well, it's been about 36 hours, and all of you have had the opportunity to post anyway, so...

8005141535_d90f058421_t.jpg

"Hmm."

"Complex as it is...this would explain much. Filmore?"

8004588447_d7d5443691_t.jpg

"This thing c-could do far worse than guard!"

"Indeed it could...if that's the case, why do you want to protect it so badly?"

Filmore's standing right in front of one wall of the cargo. The heroes and the better half of the crew all stare. He blinks, looking at each person with terror in his eyes, and quickly pries open the nearest crate with his sword, and reached inside for a moment before whipping his hand away. From the interior of the crate, a tall red and gold figure rose. Its armoring looked effective and ornate, but beneath its metal skin came assorted whirs, clanks, and whistles. With slow, jerky movements, it picked up two odd rods from its side, and linked them together, forming a brutal-looking halberd. Filmore fiddled with something on its back nervously, and it took gradual, but heavy steps out of the crate, headed towards the party. His companion advanced hesitantly. Jules glanced at Illdria.

8114782925_7a438181a6_t.jpg

"I cannot help but think he may be right. No offense to you, heroes and/or sellswords, but this is quite a farfetched story. In my personal experience, technology can be even more destructive than magic...I would not want to see this device returned to Eubric."

"Hmph. Only figures you would be the one to defy my orders to stand up for your opinion. If we're to fight, so be it-"

In a flash, she draws her rapier.

"-But do try not to destroy my ship."

Melvin takes a few steps back from the scene.

8005098882_33a1ee8ace_t.jpg

"Best of luck, heroes! I'd help, but, eh...I dunno how much good sausages would do against the thing."

Knife-Tongue pauses, throws his Scarf to Illdria, and follows suit.

8004591584_bd2a0470e0_t.jpg

"Pweaf ake cawe of fhaf, cap'm, am fhe hewoef 'oo."

Illdria joins the party, while Jules, Filmore, and what's doubtlessly the automaton reach the heroes.

8004588013_d1f10ee0ea_z.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies

8143998121_4d8e55c617_t.jpg

Ji Pei Guardian Sentinel

Level 30 Mechanical Humanoid

Health: 555/555

Defense: 10

Special I: Malfunction – Shoddy assembling results in a more unconstrained behavior. The Guardian Sentinel loses 5 Defense, but gains 5 Levels. It also deals 1 lightning elemental damage, ignoring SP and row to everyone in battle.

Special II: Tri Dazer Pro – The Guardian Sentinel lowers the target’s Power, current and Max Ether, current and Max Health, and Defense by 5. All stats are restored when the Sentinel has been defeated.

Special III: Sentinel – The Guardian Sentinel takes a more defensive position, losing 5 Levels but gaining 5 Defense. His Defense is applied to the entire enemy party next round.

Specials go 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, etc.

Drops: Guardian Halberd, Reflective Gauntlets, Ether Core, Advanced Automaton Parts

Immune to sudden death and negative effects

Filmore

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 166/166

Special I: Hack ‘n’ Slash – Filmore wildly cuts at the party, dealing 1-6 damage to each member.

Special II: Fixer Upper – Filmore hurriedly repairs the Guardian Sentinel, healing it for 4-120 health. Used only if the Ji Pei Guardian Sentinel is injured.

Drops: Advanced Automaton Assembly Diagrams, 15 gold

8005134320_82b1ff7393_t.jpg

Jules

Level 22 Dark Humanoid

Health: 222/222

Special: Dementia – Jules casts a illusion over the hero’s mind. The hero is Hexed for the next round, Afraid for the next 3, and Cursed for the duration of the battle.

Drops: Scepter of Divine Affinity

Immune to Sealed effect

Party

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (played by Flipz) *Immune to Sealed* *Party Leader*

Level 18.5 Sorcerer

Power: 30

Health: 22/28

Ether: 10/28

Defense: 3

Gold: 21

Equipment: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Darkness elemental), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, lent to Barur Tormek; 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Ancient Crown (First successful strike of battle deals Cursed effect, borrowed from Atramor Gibbin), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent, lent to De'kra), Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire, borrowed from Barur Thormek) Bedroll, Shovel, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning(Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Grand Tonic, Holy Bomb, Remedy, Nostrum, 3 Cobblestones, 2 Bonaparte Cadet Uniforms, Blunt Dagger (WP: 1, dagger, lent to De'kra), Shipping Logs, Assorted Bonaparte Letters

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Thormek (played by Aveal the black sheep)

Level 10.5 Cleric

Power: 17

Health: 18/18

Ether: 14/14

Defense: 1

Gold: 139

Equipment: Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII; 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Robe of the Magi (SP: 1), Ancient Crown (First successful strike deals the Cursed effect, headwear, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII)

Inventory: Topaz (Lightning, lent to Thalion Dwinlas), Ruby (Fire, lent to Arthur Justus Regulus VII), Potion, Remedy, 2 Venoms, 5 Bones, Bedroll, 2 Tonics, Rune Staff (WP: 4), Mulled Wine (Causes the Inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.)

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

De'kra (played by Tanma) *Immune to Enamored* *Immune to Confused*

Level: 20 Assassin

Power: 27

Health: 25/31

Gold: 118

Equipment: Kapura (WP:7, Fire), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII), Heart Locket(Protects from enamored effect and confused effect)

Inventory: Explosive Handcannon (WP: 8, double WP to rock monsters), Chiara (WP:7, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5, loaned to Thalion Dwinlas), Fauxthril Hand Cannon(WP:7), Blunt Dagger (WP: 1, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII) Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass, Potions (10), Grand Potions (3), Remedy (3), Phoenic Essence (3), Smoke Bombs (2), Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb

Thalion Dwinlas (played by -obelix-)

Level 7 Mage

Power: 12

Health: 7/11

Ether: 7/11

Gold: 14

Equipment: Shadeuax Dagger (WP: 5, borrowed from De'kra), Leather Cap (SP:1)

Inventory: Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning, borrowed from Barur Thormek) 2 Potions, Bedroll, Dagger (WP: 3), Mulled Wine (Causes the Inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.)

Captain Illdria (controlled by -obelix-)

Level 25 Rogue

Health: 31/31

Gold: 40

Equipment: Rapier (WP: 5), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round, accessory)

Party leader, please post the battle order. Everyone else, please say whether you want to attack/cast a spell/heal/use an item/flee, etc. -Obelix-, you are in control of Illdria's actions for the battle in addition to your own.

Edited by CallMePie

Thalion drinks Mulled Wine from the back row.

Then he turned towards captain, "Lets take the traitors first! Captain, would you be so kind to take on Filmore or Jules?"

Illdria attack Filmore from the back row.

Updated Flipz! :wink:

Edited by -obelix-

FYI, Aveal said he'll be gone until Tuesday, so I'll pick his actions until then. :wink:

"Jules, technology is only as dangerous as the person using it, just as with magic. Surely you understand that?" Arthur shakes his head sadly. "Hopefully when this fight is over we will have a chance to discuss the matter."

"All right, I want everyone fighting from the Back Row, even you, Captain; in fact, you will be the key to our success this fight--in Round 3, I want you available to take Jules, since his Special is the most dangerous to us. De'kra, you're our best shot at damaging the Sentinel using Chiara, but I still want you in the Back Row; you've got our only Phoenix Essences, so we cannot afford to let you fall unconscious."

"Now, as to this Round, Barur, since the Sentinel may possibly be repaired, I want you to attack it from the back row so we can get it Cursed. Captain, I'd like you to keep Filmore busy while De'kra distracts Jules. Thalion, now might be a good time to take one of those Wines, and next Round you can take a Potion to guarantee you are healed."

Arthur then downs a Nostrum before using his Scroll of Poisoning on Illdria's rapier.

Battle Order

Arthur

De'kra

Illdria

Thalion

Barur

Edited by Flipz

IC: De'kra nodded as he clicked wearily, "I knew we would end up fight automaton. Nuparu, are you say you want I to fight Jules, or Sentinel? If you mean Jules, I will attack him and Explosive Cannon. If you mean Sentinel, I will use Chiara. Either way I will stay in Back Row as you suggest."

As the echo readies for battle, he looks over the mechanical entity, probing at it carefully.

IC: De'kra nodded as he clicked wearily, "I knew we would end up fight automaton. Nuparu, are you say you want I to fight Jules, or Sentinel? If you mean Jules, I will attack him and Explosive Cannon. If you mean Sentinel, I will use Chiara. Either way I will stay in Back Row as you suggest."

As the echo readies for battle, he looks over the mechanical entity, probing at it carefully.

"Just for this Round, I'd like you to take Jules, since the rest of us are still setting up."

Also, Pie, change to my stated action. :wink:

To make things easier, here's with suggested actions:

Battle Order

Arthur- Nostrum then Scroll of Poisoning on Captain Illdria('s sword)

De'kra- Jules, Explosive Handcannon, Back Row

Illdria- Filmore, Back Row

Thalion- Mulled wine

Barur- Sentinel, back Row

Round One of Automaton Attack

Arthur uses Nostrum - (Arthur gains Lucky effect)

Arthur uses Scroll of Poisoning on Illdria's Rapier - Failure Success, -5 ether

De'kra attacks Jules with Explosive Handcannon, back row - Lethal Aim (8 damage, no sudden death)

Illdria attacks Filmore with Rapier, back row - Damage (18/2 = 9 damage)

Thalion uses Mulled Wine - (Thalion gains Inspired effect)

Barur attacks Guardian Sentinel with SOTCB, back row - Special Damage: Malfunction (Guardian Sentinel -5 Defense, +5 Levels, 1 lightning damage to everyone)

The party prepares themselves. Thalion and Arthur swallow some drinks, while Illdria's Rapier obtains a sickly green hue. It doesn't prevent Filmore from deflecting her attack and leaving a slash on her arm. De'kra's handcannon misfires, nicking Jules, and the Guardian Sentinel seizes up, beginning to crackle - jolts of electricity are shot through the room, and it seems even more aggressive. When the smoke clears slightly, the heroes can see sparks dancing across its armor.

Enemies

Ji Pei Guardian Sentinel

Level 35 Electric Humanoid

Health: 553/555

Defense: 5

Special I: Overheat – Shoddy assembling results in a more unconstrained behavior. The Guardian Sentinel loses 5 Defense, but gains 5 Levels. It also deals 5 fire elemental damage, ignoring SP and row to everyone in battle.

Special II: Tri Dazer Pro – The Guardian Sentinel lowers the target’s Power, current and Max Ether, current and Max Health, and Defense by 5. All stats are restored when the Sentinel has been defeated.

Special III: Sentinel – The Guardian Sentinel takes a more defensive position, losing 5 Levels but gaining 5 Defense. His Defense is applied to the entire enemy party next round.

Drops: Guardian Halberd, Reflective Gauntlets, Ether Core, Advanced Automaton Parts

Filmore

"Ow! See, just...just imagine that but a hundred times bigger in Eubric-!!"

Level 18 Humanoid

Health: 165/166

Special I: Hack ‘n’ Slash – Filmore wildly cuts at the party, dealing 1-6 damage to each member.

Special II: Fixer Upper – Filmore hurriedly repairs the Guardian Sentinel, healing it for 4-120 health. Used only if the Ji Pei Guardian Sentinel is injured.

Jules

"Oh dear."

Level 22 Dark Humanoid

Health: 213/222

Special: Dementia – Jules casts a illusion over the hero’s mind. The hero is Hexed for the next round, Afraid for the next 3, and Cursed for the duration of the battle.

Drops: Scepter of Divine Affinity

Immune to Sealed effect

Party

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (played by Flipz) *Immune to Sealed* *Party Leader* *Lucky*

Level 18.5 Sorcerer

Health: 21/28

Ether: 5/28

Equipment: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Darkness elemental), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, lent to Barur Tormek; 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Ancient Crown (First successful strike of battle deals Cursed effect, borrowed from Atramor Gibbin), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent, lent to De'kra), Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire, borrowed from Barur Thormek) Bedroll, Shovel, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning(Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Grand Tonic, Holy Bomb, Remedy, 3 Cobblestones, 2 Bonaparte Cadet Uniforms, Blunt Dagger (WP: 1, dagger, lent to De'kra), Shipping Logs, Assorted Bonaparte Letters

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Level 10.5 Cleric

Health: 17/18

Equipment: Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII; 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Robe of the Magi (SP: 1), Ancient Crown (First successful strike deals the Cursed effect, headwear, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII)

Inventory: Topaz (Lightning, lent to Thalion Dwinlas), Ruby (Fire, lent to Arthur Justus Regulus VII), Potion, Remedy, 2 Venoms, 5 Bones, Bedroll, 2 Tonics, Rune Staff (WP: 4), Mulled Wine (Causes the Inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.)

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

Health: 24/31

Defense: 0

Equipment: Kapura (WP:7, Fire), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII), Heart Locket(Protects from enamored effect and confused effect)

Inventory: Explosive Handcannon (WP: 8, double WP to rock monsters), Chiara (WP:7, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5, loaned to Thalion Dwinlas), Fauxthril Hand Cannon(WP:7), Blunt Dagger (WP: 1, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII) Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Cloak of the Elven Spy, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass, Potions (10), Grand Potions (3), Remedy (3), Phoenic Essence (3), Smoke Bombs (2), Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb

Thalion Dwinlas (played by -obelix-) *Inspired*

Level 7 Mage

Health: 7/11 13/22

Ether: 7/11

Inventory: Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning, borrowed from Barur Thormek) 2 Potions, Bedroll, Dagger (WP: 3)

"...I don't like the looks of that thing."

Level 25 Rogue

Health: 21/31

Equipment: Rapier (WP: 5, Badly Poisoned), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round, accessory)

Party leader, please post the battle order. Everyone else, please say whether you want to attack/cast a spell/heal/use an item/flee, etc. -Obelix-, you are in control of Illdria's actions for the battle in addition to your own.

Edited by CallMePie

IC: De'kra focuses his Explosive Cannon onto Jules, remaining relatively safe in the back row. "I understand your concern Jules," De'kra clicked, "technology can be abuse. Right now two people are use it to attack their captain. But at same time, technology is just tool. I can not hate sword for what its wielder enact, could you? Because that is what this automaton is-mechanical sword. And while I am not verse in Ether, I would imagine it can be worse. Take for instance Lady Wren, and single duplicate she turn small rebellion into massive civil war. It not Machetes fault if their master use them to kill rather than cut grass."

"But I agree this might not be good to have in Eubric," he admitted, "It not stable place. Perhaps we could talk about it without maime anyone?"

OOC: Every have one of those moments where you have no idea who you are as a person, beyond maybe four adjectives?

Thalion attacks Filmore with Ice spell, from the back row.

Illdria attacks Filmore from the back row.

Edited by -obelix-

"The mere potential for destruction on such a scale can corrupt hundreds with ease. I know that very well. The farther away it is from Eubric, the less damage it can do."

IC: De'kra clicked, "But this technology is not that of mind, it has no mental power over people. If you mean power will corrupt them, are there not millions of magic users in this world who have great power but are not evil by it? And I would think magic more corruptive, if you have innate powers others lack, you may feel superior. And hubris makes corruption. But and technology, it is poewer that is earn. You seem to forget something. Pretty much everywhere in Olegaia there are monsters, by which I mean people. How you know this technology won't be worse where you are head? Would it not be better to keep it close to people who made it, just in case things go wrong?"

"Babeleth is hardly populated. It'd rather it gain dust in a warehouse than it be in operation daily for who knows how long. Perhaps if you were not being paid to bring this machine back to Eubric, you could see it from my angle."

Just noticed De'kra's Defense was at 1 despite the Cloak of the Blue Assassin being unequipped. :facepalm: Fixed now.

Edited by CallMePie

Just remembered that specials go 12321... So there is no risk of dying (right?) and I've changed Thalions actions to attack.

Sneaky, Pie, switching that type on us! Does it change every Round, or just when a Special is used?

To quote the Arbiter from Starcraft: "We are vigilant!" :wink: I think it changes when special 1 is used, thats how I came to the conclusion that Thalion can't die this round, but then again, I can be soooo very wrong...

Edited by -obelix-

"De'kra, I'd prefer you attack the Sentinel from the Back Row, so we don't risk your becoming Hexed. I'll cast a Frailty spell and then a Light spell at him from the Back Row."

"Jules, wherever Filmore's employer is taking this automaton, I'm almost certain it is not storage. The Bonapartes have been stockpiling stolen Ji Pei machines for years--after that riot in the Hovels, and their response to it, what's to keep THEM from using it--on the poor, penniless peasants of Eubric? The place is a cesspit, but that means it needs to be cleaned, not cleansed. Better in the hands of one merchant who Heroica can keep an eye on and 'take care' of if it becomes necessary, rather than a formidible fighting force with such pervasive political power that even Heroica hesitates to act against them."

Battle Order:

Arthur- Frailty then Light against Jules, Back Row (unless Jules stops fighting)

Thalion- Ice, Filmore, Back Row

De'kra- Explosive Handcannon, Sentinel, Back Row

Barur- Sentinel, Back Row

Sneaky, Pie, switching that type on us! Does it change every Round, or just when a Special is used?

Edited by Flipz

That is an excellent question.

On with the battle!

Round Two of Automaton Attack

Arthur uses Scroll of Frailty on Jules - Failure Success, -1 ether

Arthur attacks Jules with light, back row - Special Damage Confuse (Jules is Confused, -1 ether)

Thalion attacks Filmore with ice, back row - Spell (7 + 5 = 12 damage, -1 ether)

De'kra attacks Jules with Explosive Handcannon, back row - Lethal Aim (8 x 2 = 16 damage, sudden death)

Illdria attacks Filmore with Rapier, back row - Critical Hit ((5 x 2) + 25 = 35 damage, Filmore is Badly Poisoned)

Barur attacks Guardian Sentinel with SOTCB, back row - Hit ((10 + 7)/2 - 5 = 4 damage, Guardian Sentinel is immune to effects)

The second round is a flurry of special effects. Arthur makes Jules Fragile and Confused, but before he can revel in the power of scrolls, De'kra (intentionally or not) mercilessly slits the man (who incidentally he was just having a compelling conversation with)'s throat. And by 'slits his throat', I mean 'blows a gaping hole through his throat'. Illdria drives her rapier deep into Filmore, the magically-produced venom infecting his blood, while Barur hardly dents the automaton. The poison takes its toll on Filmore.

Enemies

Ji Pei Guardian Sentinel

Health: 549/555

Special I: Overheat – Shoddy assembling results in a more unconstrained behavior. The Guardian Sentinel loses 5 Defense, but gains 5 Levels. It also deals 5 fire elemental damage, ignoring SP and row to everyone in battle.

Filmore

"Ow, jeez!"

Level 18 Humanoid *Badly Poisoned*

Health: 108/166

Party

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (played by Flipz) *Immune to Sealed* *Party Leader* *Lucky*

Level 18.5 Sorcerer

Ether: 3/28

Inventory:

Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, lent to Barur Tormek; 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Ancient Crown (First successful strike of battle deals Cursed effect, borrowed from Atramor Gibbin), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent, lent to De'kra), Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire, borrowed from Barur Thormek) Bedroll, Shovel, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning(Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Grand Tonic, Holy Bomb, Remedy, 3 Cobblestones, 2 Bonaparte Cadet Uniforms, Blunt Dagger (WP: 1, dagger, lent to De'kra), Shipping Logs, Assorted Bonaparte Letters

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Level 10.5 Cleric

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

Level 7 Mage

Ether: 6/11

Inventory: Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning, borrowed from Barur Thormek) 2 Potions, Bedroll, Dagger (WP: 3)

"Well, I....I guess he had that coming..."

Level 25 Rogue

Health: 21/31

Equipment: Rapier (WP: 5, Badly Poisoned), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round, accessory)

Edited by CallMePie

Dang it, forgot about that...ah, well.

"Jules! Barur, Heal Jules before he dies, if nothing else you can stop the bleeding so we can use a Phoenix Essence on him later."

"All right Captain, take Fillmore, and I'll follow up afterwards; Thalion, I'll leave it to you whether to join us or to try your luck with the Sentinel. De'kra, on the Sentinel, please."

Arthur casts Frailty on Filmore before swinging Roderick's sword at him from the Back Row.

Battle Order

Arthur- Frailty then physical attack, Filmore, Back Row

Thalion- Filmore?, Fire, back row

Barur- keep Jules from dying

In-battle, I know Jules can't be brought back, but out-of-battle, perhaps...?

Seeing how Barur goes towards the dark mage, Thalion calls him across the ships hull, "Master Barur, perhaps you should heal the Captain or someone from us. We can worry about him later..."

Illdria attack Filmore from the back row. If Filmore dies she attacks Sentinel from the back row.

Thalion attacks Filmore with fire spell from the back row. If Filmore is gone, Thalion drinks a potion in the back row.

Note to party leader: In order for Frailty to be used fully (if successful) perhaps the battle order should be:

Arthur- Frailty then physical attack, Filmore, Back Row

Thalion- Filmore, Fire, back row

Barur- keep Jules from dying Heal Captain Illdria

Edited by -obelix-

"Belay that, Barur, keep at it, keep trying to save Jules."

Note to party leader: In order for Frailty to be used fully (if successful) perhaps the battle order should be:

We're trying to use Junxed fully in this case, not Frail. :wink:

IC: De'kra flinches as his blast tears a great hole into Jules. The echo just stares at the body as it falls, not sure how to react. Gradually he he pulls himself away from the sight of the wizard with a hole in his neck, and shakily changes targets to the Sentinel. The echo shakily aims his Explodive Cannon, though his spare hand coils around Kapura. Carefully he prepared to fire, though he pushes farther away in the back row. He...he didn't want to stand so close when this foe fell.

Round Three of Automaton Attack

Illdria attacks Filmore with Rapier, back row - Damage (18/2 = 9 damage))

Arthur uses Scroll of Frailty on Filmore - Failure Failure, -1 ether

Arthur attacks Filmore with Roderick's Sword, back row - Damage Shield: Magnetic Mojo (All enemies are stunned, 53 gold stolen)

Thalion attacks Filmore with fire, back row - Greater Spell ((5 x 2) + 7 = 17 damage, -1 ether)

De'kra attacks Guardian Sentinel with Explosive Handcannon, back row - Critical Lethal Hit ((8 x 2) + 20 - 5 = 31 damage, sudden death, Sentinel is immune)

Barur heals Jules, back row - No Healing (Nothing happens)

Illdria misses her strike on Filmore, and receives a sharp cut on the scalp in return. Arthur can't focus enough to use his scroll, he's busy using magic to steal gold (and stun) Filmore. Some bits of gold armor fly off the Automaton too. Thalion and De'kra injure their targets, but Barur is unable to heal Jules, who's dead.

Enemies

Ji Pei Guardian Sentinel

Health: 518/555

Filmore *Stunned, 1 round*

Remains quietly stunned, burning alive, and succumbing to poison.

Health: 81/166

Party

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Level 18.5 Sorcerer

Ether: 2/28

Gold: 74

Inventory:

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Level 10.5 Cleric

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

Level 7 Mage

Ether: 5/11

"Damn it."

Level 25 Rogue

Health: 12/31

"Damn it! Jules!" Arthur is too distraught to bark out orders, so Barur quietly leads the way using Dwarven hand signals.

Battle Order:

Arthur Physical attack, Sentinel, Back Row

De'kra Fillmore, Explosive Handcannon, Back Row

Illdria Filmore, Front Row

Barur Heal Thalion, Back Row

Thalion Filmore, physical attack, Front Row

I don't think anyone but me can take damage this Round, so we should be good to run. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

IC: As De'kra repeated his last actions he whispered, "I-I...I though it would be-I thought it would be gentle. I...I not sure I want to enact this any more."

OOC: If you say that we are safe Flipz, but it may be batter to heal Illdria first, since she will be better in fight against the automaton then Thalion, he can wait for the next round. Just a suggestion... ;)

Thalion and Illdria attack Filmore from the front row.

Edited by -obelix-

Round Four of Automaton Attack

Arthur attacks Filmore with Roderick's Sword, back row - Damage Shield: Magnetic Mojo (All enemies are stunned, 53 gold stolen)

De'kra attacks Guardian Sentinel with Explosive Handcannon, back row - Lethal Hit (8 + 20 - 5 = 23 damage, no sudden death)

Illdria attacks Filmore with Rapier, front row - Critical Hit ((5 x 2) + 25 = 35 damage))

Barur heals Thalion, back row - Shield: Miracle (Party is healed for 17 health)

Thalion attacks Filmore with Shadeaux Dagger, front row - Hit (5 + 7 = 12 damage)

Arthur continues to tear gold from both enemies and keeps Filmore immobile. De'kra's handcannon blast punctures the automaton's armor, while Thalion and Illdria hack at Filmore with their weapons. Barur raises his staff, an aura of healing consuming the party.

Enemies

Ji Pei Guardian Sentinel

Health: 495/555

Filmore *Stunned, 1 round*

Remains quietly stunned, burning alive, and succumbing to poison.

Health: 24/166

Party

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Level 18.5 Sorcerer

Health: 28/28

Ether: 2/28

Gold: 127

Inventory:

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Level 10.5 Cleric

Health: 18/18

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

Health: 31/31

Level 7 Mage

Health: 7/11 22/22

Ether: 5/11

"Thanks, dwarf."

Level 25 Rogue

Health: 29/31

Party leader, please post the battle order. Everyone else, please say whether you want to attack/cast a spell/heal/use an item/flee, etc. -Obelix-,

you are in control of Illdria's actions for the battle in addition to your own.

Shall I autoplay this round?

Thalion attacks Filmore from the front row. If Filmore is down, Thalion attacks Sentinel with Ice spell from the back row.

Illdria attacks Filmore from the front row. If Filmore is down, Illdria attacks Sentinel from the back row.

Also Barur should target Illdria this time, since the rest of us are at full health. The rest I think is OK. :wink: