Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #51: A Shanty for Science

8004586293_2fafca44b3_t.jpg

"I can get cheap drink any time, except when I'm drinking...and no, I'm looking for a drink drink."

Arthur begins to feel that he may have accidentally used that Scroll of Confusion on himself. He sighs. "Barur, I know this is unfair of me to ask, but can you give this fine fellow one of your Tonics?"

EDIT:

"Yeah, screw this." Arthur uses his Scroll of Sleep on the Harbormaster. "There. Problem solved."

Edited by Flipz

So close. :laugh:

Arthur's casting is successful. The harbormaster slumps right onto his desk - right on top of the logbook - and snores loudly.

Thalion whisperes, "Master Arthur, take the logbook and replace it with something similar. I will try to keep his head in this position. Ready?"

"Oh, and we should also check that chest, maybe something is in there about the ship..."

"Yeah, no. I did my good deed for the day with those cadets, this fool ran out my patience. De'kra, examine EVERYTHING in this room thoroughly, including the harbormaster. If nothing in here needs him to be alive for us to access it, I'm slitting his throat."

"We shouldn't replace the logbook, we should examine it here if we can. How long he be out Master Arthur? We should also let him live, afterall drunkness is no crime, and we don't want unecessary trouble" the dwarf says putting is short arm in front of Arthur who was turning to the harbormaster sword in hand

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

"Unless De'kra finds some reason we need him alive? Permanently." Arthur grins wickedly; he had had enough delays on this Quest, now the people of this city would do what he wanted--or else.

The harbormaster shifts and mumbles. Apparently he's not a very heavy sleeper...

IC: De'kra examines everything with the magnifying lens, including his fellow questers. As he searched he whispered, "I openly despise Eubric, as you know, but I still think murder bad even if necessary. If there threat that must die, I would enact it, but it would still be wrong. Regardless, there are benifitial to spare him. Since we spare the prior two foes, it may appear to outsiders that this group can not kill, perhaps because of honor. So if Bonepartes or some unknown enemy track we down and face we, they will believe we dare not fight all out. That will undo them. By way, I not found of bombs, so would anyone want to take I bombs?"

De'kra finds the chest unlocked, the dagger ordinary, the harbormaster drooling slightly, and the Questmates standing around. And he catches some nasty glare from the sun when he tries to look out the window with his magnifying glass.

Edited by CallMePie

Thalion's eyes opened wide at the mention of murder. "Master Arthur I am sure you must have your reasons, but killing a man just because he annoyed you is not a good choice. At least not one I can justify. This man did us no harm. However as master De'kra said there can be benefits to letting him live. If you think he can be a threat to us, then bind and gag him and put him with the cadets. Now lets get on with the task at hand. I could do it, but master Arthur you are our leader, please check the logbook. Meanwhile, I will check the chest and take that dagger (who knows when it may come in handy...) and its better to leave the harbormaster unarmed should he regain consciousness."

Edited by -obelix-

IC: De'kra examines everything with the magnifying lens, including his fellow questers. As he searched he whispered, "I openly despise Eubric, as you know, but I still think murder bad even if necessary. If there threat that must die, I would enact it, but it would still be wrong. Regardless, there are benifitial to spare him. Since we spare the prior two foes, it may appear to outsiders that this group can not kill, perhaps because of honor. So if Bonepartes or some unknown enemy track we down and face we, they will believe we dare not fight all out. That will undo them. By way, I not found of bombs, so would anyone want to take I bombs?"

:hmpf_bad: "Fine, then, let's take what we can and make it quick. I have no opinion on the elemental bombs, but since Thalion and Barur can't Flee on their own, they should take a Smoke Bomb each--to be returned to you after the Quest if not used." Arthur quickly binds, blindfolds, and gags the Harbormaster before reading through the logbook.

Arthur then moves over behind Thalion. "Anything good in that chest?" he asks, peering over the Elf's shoulder to look inside.

For the future, bold the actions you're actually doing, -obelix-. :classic:

Thalion picks up the

Blunt Dagger (WP: 1, dagger, suitable for rogues, mages, harlots, infiltrators, and alchemists).

He also opens the chest, revealing

heroica-gold.jpg15 gold

8004587095_7e5b590b0e_t.jpg2 Mulled Wines (Causes the Inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.)

Meanwhile, Arthur tears through the logbook. It's considerable well-organized (despite obvious alcohol stains on several pages) and soon finds the record he's looking for.

8114787258_fcb8e1b557_t.jpgShipping Logs

8114787258_fcb8e1b557_z.jpg

The larger image is linked to an even larger one if it's needed.

The harbormaster is obviously awake now, and flails around furiously, growling and cursing through his gag.

OOC: You are right, sorry my bad, I thought I did, but I forgot to press the bald icon when I edited the post.

Thalion picks up the dagger and the chest contents and hands them to Arthur, "Master Arthur, distribute these if you will, please." He then waits for Arthur to decide what will the party do next.

Barur stepped aside from Arthur,and he put a grim look on his face. He could be wrong, but he might have misjudged Arthur. "I should talk to De'kra about this" the dwarf thought " he seems to know him better"

He turned to the log in Thalion's hand..." This doesn't say much, but an interest in the jipei goods by this magpie, shall we sober up the harbormaster and make him a few questions?"

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

"Master Arthur, distribute these if you will, please." He then waits for Arthur to decide what will the party do next.

...I meant to say that, too. :blush:

Loot Distribution:

Arthur - Blunt Dagger, shipping logs

De'kra - 5 Gold

Thalion - 5 Gold

Barur - 5 Gold

"So, it appears our friend was right about Bonaparte corruption. Let's see if we can't glean any more information." Arthur scans through the shipping logs to see if any other ships had been intercepted in the past few months.

He turned to the log in Thalion's hand..." This doesn't say much, but an interest in the jipei goods by this magpie, shall we sober up the harbormaster and make him a few questions?"

Arthur waves his hand dismissively. "If you want to dangle him out the window for a bit, be my guest, but I think it'd be more discrete to just leave him with the others." After his look through the records, Arthur strips the harbormaster of any valuables, and looks for anything on him or in the office that could serve as an identifying mark--i.e. a signet ring, or papers conferring Bonaparte authority, or particularly letters of marque--as well as any spare Bonaparte uniforms and/or emblems.

OOC: Flipz, you forgot the wines...

Thalion bows slightly to Arthur as he receives the gold, and speaks his dilemma, "Shall we proceed directly to the warehouse or report this to Chalvo, and see what to do next?"

Edited by -obelix-

Don't forget the Mulled Wine, there's two to distribute.

Arthur does find notes on other pages that indicate intercepted ships, most all of them carrying Ji Pei supplies, and he can often find outgoing ships with the same names leaving with 'Operire goods' to random ports.

The harbormaster doesn't have any valuables or anything identifying him as a Bonaparte, besides his somewhat lavish blue coat. He does indeed find several pre-written notices, warnings, letters, etc, all very formal and stamped with the Bonaparte crest rolled up in many shelves. He finds no spare uniforms or emblems, or letters of marque.

Oops! :blush:

Additonal Loot distribution:

Thalion - Mulled Wine

Barur - Mulled Wine

"Here you two, this should even the odds if we end up in a really tough fight. Don't use them unless it's absolutely necessary, though."

Arthur checks to see if there are any more recent thefts in the records than the Wavebreaker, then stores ALL the records and identifying letters in his pack. "I tell you, it's the Hinckwells and Shadeaux all over again. Well, as completely ineffectual as the Town Watch are, I think they could make good use of this evidence, if our employers don't follow up on it. Or we could take it back to the Hall, ask Schezerade or Byblos to turn it in to the Veterans, maybe it'd convince them to stop defending these cheats." Arthur then looks to see if there is a bottle of rum that the Harbormaster forgot to drink.

Edited by Flipz

The Wavebreaker seems to be the most recent 'theft', and the bottle on the floor is currently empty.

Party

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII (played by Flipz) *Immune to Sealed* *Party Leader*

Level 18 Sorcerer

Power: 30

Health: 28/28

Ether: 19/28

Defense: 3

Gold: 22

Equipment: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Darkness elemental), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, lent to Barur Tormek; 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Ancient Crown (First successful strike of battle deals Cursed effect, borrowed from Atramor Gibbin), Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Ruby (Fire, borrowed from Barur Thormek) Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning(Grants target’s weapon the badly poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Grand Tonic, Holy Bomb, Remedy, Nostrum, 3 Cobblestones, 2 Bonaparte Cadet Uniforms, Blunt Dagger (WP: 1, dagger), Shipping Logs, Assorted Bonaparte Letters

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

De'kra (played by Tanma) *Immune to Enamored* *Immune to Confused*

Level: 19.5 Assassin

Power: 26

Health: 30/30

Defense: 1

Gold: 77

Equipment: Kapura (WP:7, Fire), Cloak of the Blue Assassin(SP: 1), Heart Locket(Protects from enamored effect and confused effect)

Inventory: Explosive Handcannon (WP: 8, double WP to rock monsters), Chiara (WP:7, Electricity), Shadeaux Dagger(WP:5, loaned to Thalion Dwinlas), Fauxthril Hand Cannon(WP:7), Cloak of the Elven Spy, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Magic Compass, Potions (10), Grand Potions (3), Remedy (3), Phoenic Essence (3), Smoke Bombs (2), Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb

Thalion Dwinlas (played by -obelix-)

Level 6 Mage

Power: 11

Health: 10/10

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 34

Equipment: Shadeuax Dagger (WP: 5, borrowed from De'kra), Leather Cap (SP:1)

Inventory: Ruby (Fire), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning, borrowed from Barur Thormek) 2 Potions, Bedroll, Dagger (WP: 3), Mulled Wine (Causes the Inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.)

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Thormek (played by Aveal the black sheep)

Level 10 Cleric

Power: 17

Health: 18/18

Ether: 14/14

Gold: 139

Equipment: Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII; 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Robe of the Magi (SP: 1), Ancient Crown (First successful strike deals the Cursed effect, headwear, borrowed from Arthur Justus Regulus VII)

Inventory: Topaz (Lightning, lent to Thalion Dwinlas), Ruby (Fire, lent to Arthur Justus Regulus VII), Potion, Remedy, 2 Venoms, 5 Bones, Bedroll, 2 Tonics, Rune Staff (WP: 4), Mulled Wine (Causes the Inspired-effect, doubling the target's current and maximum health for the duration of one battle.)

Edited by CallMePie