Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #51: A Shanty for Science

:facepalm: Wow, I'm really batting a thousand for details today; I thought that open entrance was a door with a window. :blush:

"All right, let's go inside. Quietly, please!"

The party heads inside. The interior is austere, and there's not a single room attached to the hallway, though admittedly it's a small building.They reach the stairwell, and there appears to be a humanoid shadow cast on the top few steps, though what it's doing the heroes can't tell. If they advance any further, they'll be seen.

"All right, De'kra, time to pull out that cloak of yours. See if you can't hear if the person's saying anything."

OOC: Just realized, Arthur was at 19/27 Ether, so he should be at 20/28 Ether now. :wink:

Arthur suddenly has another thought, and relays it to De'kra. "De'kra, before you check this figure out, could you use your Magnifying Glass to check the walls and floor of this lower level and staircase for secret panels or doors?"

IC: De'kra obliged, and used his magnifying lens to peer at the walls, floor, and staircase of the level. No matter the results, De'kra next attempted to use his Cloak of the Elven Spy on the person on the stairs. Will it's influence reach far enough?

With his Magnifying Glass, De'kra can discern that the shadow seems to be holding - and drinking from - some sort of bottle, but he's unable to see the person or his stats.

"De'kra," Arthur whispers, "Try to keep that handcannon hidden for now unless you have to use it." He then leads the party forward to meet the figure.

The party comes on an odd sight.

8114792400_0f5d985bda.jpg

A merperson. Judging by all the empty bottles lying about, he is indeed considerably intoxicated.

8004586293_2fafca44b3_t.jpg

"Eh?"

While waiting for Arthur to speak, Thalion looks around the room for the logbook, or anything of interest.

There is a book on the desk, and a quill sitting on top of it, and in the corner is a simple dagger leaned up against a closed chest.

"Greetings good sir, we need to make an inquiry on a vessel that was due to arrive in your harbor late the third week of Harvest. May we please examine the logbook?"

"Uh. No. Whur those guards? I said spaficsally I wanted to drink in peash....guardssssss!"

The harbormaster sticks his head out the window for a moment, then looks back at Arthur.

"...Huh. Must've been the booze talking. But why should I let you see the lobgooks?

Edited by CallMePie

"It's part of an important investigation. Tell you what, just give us the logbooks and we'll go downstairs and handle inquiries for you rest of the day. Give you some peace and quiet so you can...relax." Arthur gives the harbormaster a wink.

"Relask? But...I just started drinking...?" the harbormaster mumbles confusedly. "And nobody's s'possed to look at the lobgooks. That's my job, isn't it...?"

Thalion moved forward, "Your job is to look after the harbor, that's what a harbormaster does right? If you give us the logbook we'll be on our way, and you can continue looking at the harbor and drinking in peace. Does that sound good?"

"Well, we don't have nothing with us, but how about this?" Thalion takes out 4 gold and holds it in his hand. "This should be enough to get you a few bottles in a local tavern later."

IC: De'kra stared at the seen for a time, before whispering to Arthur, "What is wrong and him? Should we be worry?"

"If you've got a favorite establishment, perhaps one of us could run out to buy the drink while the rest of us look up what we need to look up. Or..." Arthur glances around furtively for dramatic effect. "You know, I'm not supposed to use my magic for this, but...I have a Scroll here that might give you a better experience than even alcohol...if you're willing to experiment with it, of course." Arthur indicates his Scroll of Confusion, and uses it on the harbormaster IF he consents.

"No, of course not, it's not a drink, but it would feel even better than a drink...if you're up for it. But of course, it's your choice. What kind of drinks do you like, anyway?"

"I drink drinks 'cuz the drinks feel like drinks, and I dunno how much that thing feels like drink, but if I can't drink it, it's not a damn drink, so I don't wanna drink it!"

The harbormaster seems to be getting annoyed, but at Arthur's question he relaxes.

"All kinds. Whiskey's the best. I also like ale, sometimes I sconsficate some good rum. I've got some nice Mulled Wine for later. Mead's not bad, I have a taste for Tonics and gin, and Flaming Gumballs are nice everyones in a while."