Sign in to follow this  
bricknation.com

Stolen 10214 Tower Bridge - HELP URGENTLY NEEDED!

I'd like to ask a big favour.

If you own Tower Bridge from Amazon.it bought in July 2012 when it was on a big discount and if you still have the box, could you please let me know what was the batch number of this set. It is printed on two clear seals used to close the box.

I need it to "identify" 6 TB stolen from my office while I was on Holidays. They've been located by Police and now I have to prove that they're mine as if I didn't leave any fingerprints on my boxes.

Please PM me the batch number if you can find it - only if you got it from amazon.it in July 2012. Help me stop a LEGO theif.

Do you have any idea if TLG would have and could provide batch numbers of orders sent to amazon.it before the sale took place? Or is it bit of a long shot?

Regards

Lucas

You better contact LEGO or Jan Beyer (well he is a LEGO Group guy of course!) indeed?!

Don't you have any proof of purchase ? I would think that would be enough.

Try and phone LEGO Consumer Service, and see if they can dig out the batch number for Tower Bridge sent to Amazon in Italy.

It is possible that the TB sets they had in July all had the same batch number. In fact it is possible that a huge amount of this set produced before July 2012, have the same batch number.

Erland

Part Design

Don't you have any proof of purchase ? I would think that would be enough.

I had a call from Police to tell me that proof or purchase isn't enough in this case as it is "kind of" mass produced item and unless I provide some sort of unique serial number they won't do a thing. I'm a bit fed up with Police here in UK.

I'm not sure what's it's like in the UK, but I would think proof of purchase (receipts or bank statement) and the fact that they were taken from your office (which is probably in the same general area where they were found) would be enough to prove ownership. Speaking of which, was anything else missing from your office? Do you have any idea who could have stolen the sets - maybe someone that works there?

I've bought mine in around July this year from amazon.it, but I already thrown my box away. Sorry man :sceptic:

Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear that. That is ridiculous that proof of purchase wouldn't be enough PROOF. That's the whole point of a receipt isn't it? I've never shopped from Amazon Italy since I live in the states, but the last few things I've received from Amazon USA didn't have receipts with them, which is odd.

Good luck. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.

6 TB stolen from my office while I was on Holidays.

Your story is extremely strange to me.

TB's average price is about $200.

Why would you leave $1200 at your office when you are far away on holiday?

Would you be surprised if you'd let $1200 in a metro station over the night, then at sunrise they won't be there anymore?

Considering there was a large amount of sets, then you probably planned to sell them by having your own store, so that's why you didn't get them home and you kept them at your office.

But then you should have video cameras at your office.

Here, where I live, each office has about 5-10 cameras on each office due to its size, then there's another camera in the elevator and many more cameras on corridors.

If there were no cameras, no locks, and you left $1200 on the table, don't be amazed they didn't wait for your comeback. :blush:

With coupon of your shopping and with witnesses who can approve that you came at your office with several TB and you stored them there, you can win the case as long as the defendants thieves does not have any coupons and any credible witnesses.

So wait... you report 6 missing of these sets missing to the police... and the police then finds someone who incidently has 6 of those exact same sets... but doesn't see a proven correlation? Interesting. Is there by any chance in country-specific identification on them? I mean, they may find it a crazy coincidence that you have those 6 sets reported stolen and this guy just happening to have stolen 6 sets *from whoever* - but if his sets can be proven to be from Italy as well, that should be too much of a coincidence even for them... is there no way to identify them besides those batch number stickers?

Also, moschino:

Even if I lave the door to my appartment unlocked, it's still illegal for someone to go inside and steal stuff. It shouldn't be necessary to put a high voltage fence and/or moat filled with hot lava around your valuables in order to avoid being robbed. It's not his fault.

I'm not sure what's it's like in the UK, but I would think proof of purchase (receipts or bank statement) and the fact that they were taken from your office (which is probably in the same general area where they were found) would be enough to prove ownership. Speaking of which, was anything else missing from your office? Do you have any idea who could have stolen the sets - maybe someone that works there?

If there are not witnesses, the act of taking the sets is not a fact but rather a mere claim. bricknation.com may be able to prove that he bought these sets. He may be able to find persons who can witness that he stored the sets in his office. But the point is that he has no chance to prove that he himself didn't remove them from the office. Consequently, the police asks for a way to prove ownership of these specific sets. No correlation whatsoever could replace this kind of prove; otherwise, it'd be a pretty sloppy police work, jeopardizing the principle that people are safe in their property.

Even if I lave the door to my appartment unlocked, it's still illegal for someone to go inside and steal stuff. It shouldn't be necessary to put a high voltage fence and/or moat filled with hot lava around your valuables in order to avoid being robbed. It's not his fault.

You are correct. But the point is that if someone simply can go inside and steal something, you will find it pretty hard even to prove that you were stolen if this should happen.

@OP: Good Luck!

Edited by Brickadeer

Also, moschino:

Prostitution and Stealth are both the oldest jobs in the world. They date since the human discovered the fire, even earlier.

If you think that a good education, or a law, can change the human being which is the same since 200.000 years ago, then I appreciate your optimism.

Should I put a gold coin at my window, let it open and go on Holiday for 3 weeks?

Then should I wonder why the gold coin is not there anymore?

Maybe because that's what humans do since 200.000 years ago?

If you don't care of your goods, before anyone's fault, it would be your fault.

I suggest to watch Scam City with Conor Woodman.

It is a tv-show who shows most of the tricks of thieves around the world, Spain, India, Italy, etc...

Before to ask for Police protection, you'd need to ask for your own protection.

PS: Get a look at this...

article-1196941-05900DF7000005DC-677_468x636.jpg

You may not understand the concept because you live in Denmark, and your country is not even reaching the top.

If you want to read the full article, here it is: HERE

Otherwise, you can search on google about crime rates, and you might get the point.

If Denmark is an extremely safe country, you're lucky, but globally good manners does not apply on a daily basis.

Edited by moschino

Let's stop right here. I'm tempted to close this right now, but with the slight chance of someone being able to help BrickNation out I'm going to leave this open...

Stop discussing other countries crime rates, police work or anything else off topic. You're doing more of a disservice to BrickNation than you would if you didn't participate in this discussion.

Would these even be a product sporting a unique identifier such as a serial number? And what would getting the batch numbers on the seals from someone else actually accomplish? The best law enforcement could do would be to work backwards from the batch numbers on the sets they recovered and see if they were distributed anywhere in your path of purchase. You going there with a claim of a match from some else who bought from Amazon is nothing.