michaelozzie

MOC: Engine Workshed & Signal House

Indexed by Moderator

As I have now finnished a few locomotives and some rolling stock I decide to start on a new table layout. This is the first section done with the engine workshed and signal house. More parts will follow hopefully soon if the kids give me spare time :cry_sad:

8188260872_836b530700_c.jpg

Small engine workshed and Signal House by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

8188261358_5318ffa97c_c.jpg

Engine workshed by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

I used alot of the new brick bricks for the engine shed. Anybody else notice though they are slightly shorter than the standard brick height? Using alot of them in a tall wall leves an uneven gap at the top

8188261816_e1e337954f_c.jpg

The rear of the engine shed by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

8188263608_8db77422f2_c.jpg

Engine shed by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

8188262670_5eb7f2b7eb_c.jpg

Signal house by michaelozzie1, on Flickr

Very nice buildings, and good use of those brick-bricks! It looks very good overall, though I think personally I would have used green baseplates. Those flower stems and other assorted plants really do a lot to bring some liveliness to the scene,

I've been planning starting a shed project of my own soon, but have been puzzling over how to do the doors. I think it's safe to say I've found the inspiration I needed - or more likely a good idea to steal. :wink:

This is very nice. I do like that signal box, looks just like I remember them as a child. The engine shed is nice as well. I like the way you have one line going right through and out the back. Lets hope tha t the driver does not forget which track he is on! Over all a really good little scene though. It will be good to see how it shapes up over time.

What wonderful, beautiful and AWESOME creations altogether there 'michealozzie' ! :thumbup:

And that shunter :wub: ......cool as ice too ! :grin:

Brick On 'michealozzie' ! :classic:

Wonderful masterpiece! :wub:

I love the old style of this MOC ...and the amazing diesel shunter!

Superb work! :drool:

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. Hope you noticed your standing on the balcony of the Signal House 12 Volt?

Interesting set up.

For whatever reason, the shed windows remind me of church windows. Not a bad thing, mind, I rather like the look. A tall, sturdy engine shed with tall windows and doors, and a sturdy diesel to keep dry from the rain or snow or whatever befalls this LEGO world in winter. Speaking of which, where did you find that diesel's stripy buffer-beam/plow?

The signal box looks great. I can't tell what's going on inside there, but it looks like the signalman has everything he needs. I really like the colors used for the box, and I like the little wooden crossing on the tracks.

I like the details, they really bring the set to life. I like that grey oil drum, very creative method in making it appear to be so. And the workmen recycle! How cool is that?

I never would have known about the new bricks in the shed. Is there no way to fix the gap? It's not really that noticeable on first glance.

It looks great. I do hope you decide to add more to it. The little diesel does need some trucks to shunt around, after all, and there isn't much space it can do it :wink:

This looks lovely - I must admit I think using too many masonry bricks can produce slightly boring results, but the architecture of your shed and the window style is very nice indeed. Still, I like the signal house even more, the dark green windows work very well there. I hope you'll keep expanding it - that way it'll end up as something truly special! :)

This looks lovely - I must admit I think using too many masonry bricks can produce slightly boring results, but the architecture of your shed and the window style is very nice indeed. Still, I like the signal house even more, the dark green windows work very well there. I hope you'll keep expanding it - that way it'll end up as something truly special! :)

I actually found some inspiration in a couple of old worksheds here in Belgium for the architecture style. Thanks to Peter Van Gestel for these photos.

7992766339_08eddf2a45_n.jpg

Heer-Agimont loods @ L154 by Peter Van Gestel, on Flickr

5420708943_d068161d82_n.jpg

Locloods @ Mol by Peter Van Gestel, on Flickr

Fantastic build! I have stalked your Flickr pages after seeing this and I must say you also have other fine creation. It seems that the shed and signal house are upgrades of older versions.

Could we ask for some pictures of the interior of the shed please? It seems that the roof is removable, so I am very interested what it hides :sweet:

Edited by Wabbajack

Lovely build - I really do like the colour palette you've used. Would like some pictures of interiors if there are any to speak of?

I really need to build a shed for my locos, but fail to come up with a good one :(

This is really great. Both the signal house and the engine shed are amazing. The engine shed really looks like a real one and apart from the use of the brick-bricks also the doors are made perfectly. They really have that big wooden door feel.

they are very nice! both of the buildings and the whole scenery as well!

The abundance of brick bricks looks great. MAYBE you could break it up with the off color brick here or there but maybe not. Why mess with success?!?

This locomotive is very well done

you see them less and less.

very nice and compleet

Edited by patje

What a lovely set up. The shed is awsome, as is the signalbox. With the small diesel, it has the looks of a rural industrial line. Great work.