WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71000 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 9  

235 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 9?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Do you think Series 9 is a huge improvement compared with other series?

5. 5. Do you like the new distribution allocation number based on the designs for Series 9?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it and please give me 3 full sets

I just went and bought a closed 30s display. Had exactly the half of the contents of the 60s display. They probably changed the ratios because of that.

The easiest parts to identify were the armor and the hammer IMO.

Could you please provide a statistic of the contents (numbero of complete sets + minifures repeats)? I'm about to buy one of these boxes and wanted to know if it's worth it.

If you look at the front of the review, it gives the statistics for the box of 60, so divide the figures given in half. You would get 1 complete set and 14 spares. :wink:

Does anybody know if this series is already for sale in the Netherlands? I can't seem to find them.

I found them in stores like ToysXL in Hoofddorp, but I didn't see them in Intertoys yet, or anywhere else, for that matter.

I have a picture request. Can someone 'mod' the Judge with fleshy hands and the Jack Sparrow head (but with the judge's wig) I want to know what it looks like.

Maybe I'll order the judge if it looks similar to the introduction scene of PotC: On stranger tides.

I found them in stores like ToysXL in Hoofddorp, but I didn't see them in Intertoys yet, or anywhere else, for that matter.

Cool, thanks! Now i have a new mission! ;-)

Seven different minifigs among the first dozen of packs: fortune teller, knight (x2), cyclops (x2), policeman (x3), mermaid, roman emperor, mr. good & evil (x2).

Well OP wern't wrong on the low probability of the Hollywood Starlets and Fortune Tellers, 50 odd packets and still not one of these gals :sceptic:

Finally able to complete my 1 set yesterday without getting any doubles! First four or 5 packs felt like I was on a roll, where I got exactly the fig I needed (and I think three of those were the 2 in a box figs), but I can't seem to find the waiter. After looking through four (already picked through) boxes, I was able to find him on the VERY LAST bag! (For some reason I thought that he had a round, not elliptical tray, and that was what I was feeling for. I was able to figure him out with the bottle!)

They are scarce in these parts. Only TRU has them and a few days after they put them out I found a fortune teller. But most of the figures were gone. I was surprised to find that one at all because of the low availability.

Bought 12 bags last week and managed to get 3 forest maidens, though she's probably my least favorite fig from s9. Fortune teller, movie starlet and Judge are so cool but my very favorites are the cop and chicken suit guy. Overall maybe 2nd best series in my opinion , s6 is still so much more interesting.

WF thanks for the great review. I finally got my hands on some of S9 last night. Got six figures, all different but I knew what I was getting by feeling the bags. Kinda a bummer that the figs I want the most are the rare ones. The only reason I want dupes in this series is to give to non-AFOL friends due to their interest in life similar to certain figs. I'm kinda glad I'm not as excited about this series.

Collection improved last morning with the Hollywood starlet, the waiter, the judge and the chicken; now only five to go!

Well OP wern't wrong on the low probability of the Hollywood Starlets and Fortune Tellers, 50 odd packets and still not one of these gals :sceptic:

Funny, I found respectively one and two of them among 28 packs.

These seem to be kinda scarce in Maryland, USA. My Lego store is pretty low, if not out of them. So is the local TRU.

Fortunately, I stopped at a Giant grocery store and found them in the seasonal aisle with the Valentine's/Easter stuff at $3.00 each. Which is a great place for them--I put some CMFs in my daughter's plastic Easter eggs last year and she loved them. Same plan this year! I haven't opened them, but I'm fairly certain that I found Hollywood Starlet and Forest Maiden.

Yesterday morning I took 16 more packs.

This afternoon I opened them and completed series 9 in 44 total attempts, but what an incredible finish!

At the eighth I still was at the beginning point (5 minifigs missing), with the usual wave of policemen; than the epic comeback began.

I found in a row two plumbers, an alien avenger, a roller derby girl and in the third from last there was a battle mech.

Before opening the very last I thinked "Damn, now for only one fig (forest maiden) I'll have to spend more money"...when suddenly I saw a bow falling from the pack. It was the maiden's.

Without even pulling her out of the box I ran outside on the balcony screaming, with naked chest plus zero degrees: someone must have thinked "He's crazy", some other one "But the match (Celtic-Juventus) is not began yet".

Just completed my series of minifigures series 1-8, by finding 7 and 8 on sale.

Now I have to wait a long time, getting series 9, but wow they are very cool.

Excellent review Whitefang ! It's really nice that you have done all this reviews of the minifigure series.

Finished my S9 today. The count is correct. I had the sheet and had marked mermaids as only having 2. I kept getting some but couldn't remember where on the counter I had placed the others I had found. I'll take the extra two back. Really a shame the ladies get the fewer counts. I'd like more roller derby. Right now there is also a BOGO sale on at TRU.

Just bought my 3 bags of this set. Luckily I've got the judge. Now I have my 'On Stranger Tides' Jack Sparrow in disguise.

My other 2 bags included the cop and the chicken suit guy. Hopefully Lego will start using these cop caps in regular sets.

My only minifigure I want now is the Movie Star because she will fit in nicely with the Cinema Palace.

My only minifigure I want now is the Movie Star because she will fit in nicely with the Cinema Palace.

She's very hard to find in every S9 mystery bags because Series 9 has a most female in dress. Since S9 is out at my local TRU and I felt every bags then suddenly I cannot find her. I went to LEGO Store in Downtown Disney last Saturday and I felt one S9 bag that I think it was a minifig trophy, but it is a Judge's Gavel.

I finally found the forest maiden. She isn't as great as I originally had thought. I thought the face was misprinted since the eyebrows are skewed to the side and her lips don't seem to cover the black line very well, but looking back at this review I can see that is how it is supposed to be. The shield looks great,so I'm glad I picked a few of her up since the shield is going for around $3 on bricklink anyway.

I told my daughter it was Merida and she said she needed a blue dress instead of green (she's 3). Oh well, I thought she would have liked her more.

Very great reviews about Whitefang, lov it da best!!! Waiting for reviews about Marvel Mini Figure.

Edited by I_am_Groot