Good morning to all, i'm Luigi a Lego enthusiast that loves real and Lego trains. My first lego set was the 1991 Load and Haul Railroad: i still own it and resumed it few days ago. My dream was owning the metroliner, since i had railroad club car, and seemed a bit "lonely" without the rest! Now that i started working (i'm 25) i'm expanding my collection (new addictions: 4552 and 4537) and i was able to finally get the legendary metroliner!

Bye!

Greeting -

I'm a 9V guy from the mid 90s. Started with the 4559 Cargo, and add-ons 4552 Crane/cars, 2150 Train Station, 4555 Cargo Station, and 4532 Crossing. Slipped into a second dark age after that. Coming back, I'm a bit at a loss as to what to do. Switch over to PF, or stay with 9V. I have a modest layout, but nothing extreme. Lego has certainly made it challenging, but I guess I should be glad I missed the RC era.....

Regardless, glad to be here, and look forward to digging into this forum deeper.

Welcome Drevim. There's certainly not anything wrong with maintaining multiple power systems on the same layout. I run my PF Emerald and a R/C Cargo Train on the same 9V track (not to mention an occasion 9V engine like the Super Chief).

Hope you enjoy the forum! :thumbup:

Hi All,

I have recently come back to Lego trains after being away from them since the late '80s. The Grey era was in my childhood. My interests include 12v Lego trains and monorails.

Hi 12v. Welcome to Train Tech and to EB! I notice this is your first post. You need a 12v train avatar now. :wink:

Hope you enjoy our LEGO Train community. You might also want to introduce yourself in the "Hello My Name is Forum", esp. if you plan to visit other great forums here at EB. Enjoy!

Well, hello there, yes, why not register myself! So here i am, LegoSjaak...! Born and still living in Holland, i'm collecting Lego City and trains.. But only the newer trains.. so 7897, 7898, 7938 en 7939.... Played as a child with 12V trains. I had about 3 trains those days, and for 5 years ago, i sold them all. It is almost a year ago that my son was born, and since then..a started again.. I love Lego City and have build a City with a lot of sets already.. It is also a kind of sport for me to buy sets secondhand... But i buy newer sets by the internet... often a lot cheaper then buying in stores!!

For my city and trains, you can have a look at Flickr or Brickshelf... but i recently changed the layout, and i'm still working on it... so... within e few weeks, i hope, there will be newer pictures!!

My link to Flickr

My link to Brickshelf

Welcome LegoSjaak! :classic:

That's a great city you have there. I see the yellow cargo train in the line-up (still haven't picked that one up).

I hope you enjoy the TrainTech forum.

Hi all,

I can't tolk a lot about my lego trains passion becasue my english level it's not so high but I remember that my first train was the 4558 Metroliner set. Tt was the 90'. One year later I added to my Lego city collection the old 7735 Freight one. I traded my old jeans for it.

For a long time i stoped to collect Lego (I use to live abroad with my family) but after some years I started against to colelct Lego.

I bought a used 6399 Airport shuttle (missed of a lot of peaces) restored to a 100% complete one.

So I decided to buy a 4554 station and a couple of manual level crossing.

The next one was a 4564 Freight rail runner.

After one year my friend decided to sell his lego collection and I bought for a good price anothet two trains (another 4558 metroliner and another 4564 Freight rail runner)...it was really really a good price.

Two months ago I met an old men, very kind and very appassionated to Lego sets.

He told me a nice story and I told him my passion for trains and city lego's themes.

He asked me to make a price and he decided to sell me his trains.

I added,disassembled, washed and rebuilt these trains:

7725 Electric passenger train(with perfect instructions)

7727 Freight stream train (with perfect box and perfect instructions)

7730 Electric goods train (with perfect box and perfect instructions)

7735 Freight train (with perfect box and perfect instructions...another one, now i have to of them)

7755 Diesel heavy Shunting Locomotive (with perfect instructions)

7760 Diesel Shunter Locomotive (with perfect instructions)

7821 Overhead gantry and lighting maintenace wagon

7814 Crane wagon with small container

7824 Railway station

7866 Remote controlled road crossing

7834 freight loading deport with wagon

18mt of 12v straight, cross left and right switcing rails

That's all my train collection's now.

The next one will be the new Cargo Train's.

Nice to meet you all,

Federico

Hello All. I've been a train from since the mid to late 90's. My favorite types of trains are passenger trains.

Some of my sets include:

4511 High Speed Train

4547 Club Car

4533 Train Track Snow Remover

4553 Train Wash

4558 Metroliner

4556 Train Station

4564 Freight Rail Runner

Thanks,

it's a nice forum and interesting post,

I'm sure that we have a lot of things in common.

See you!!!

Thanks,

it's a nice forum and interesting post,

I'm sure that we have a lot of things in common.

See you!!!

Sign up another n00b. I picked up my first Lego train set today, a 7939 cargo Train. Can't wait to build my collection and start on a layout.

Welcome Liutas. Please share your thoughts after you build. It's always interesting to see how others view a particular train, esp. a new LEGO Train builder. :classic:

Greetings to all! :classic: I'm reading eurobricks for two years..

My name is Luka, I'm from Croatia, and member of Croatian LUG "Kockice" ( http://kockice.org/index.php?lang=en )

I'm 22 and step out of dark ages in 2008. My all time favourite themes are Castle and City.. When I was a kid I didn't have any train sets.. So my mom promised to buy me a train set when I got my diploma as naval architect :grin: .. So this summer I got used Metroliner! That was the best gift to me!

Since than I bought 7937 Passanger train and E.N.T.

I use sets only for parts, and I like to spent all my free time in MOCing.. :sweet:

Edited by kost u grlu

Welcome Liutas. Please share your thoughts after you build. It's always interesting to see how others view a particular train, esp. a new LEGO Train builder. :classic:

I like it. It was a nice easy build, a good intro to train building, and a good looking set. A good starting place to build a nice collection. I recently added the 7937 Train Station, although I don't really have a layout, or a place to start setting one up, I thought it would be a nice addition once I do. Looking to add a couple more cars and maybe another engine. What i really need is more space to display all this. :blush:

Well my first train is arriving soon for Christmas, The amazing Emerald Night :wub:. I have really decided that I want to register as for most my life I have been interested in trains and have been around trains for most my time. It all started with Thomas the Tank Engine

(And so was my big brother hence one of my middle names being his favourite train from the show :tongue:)

as I just loved how it seemed like a giant layout and all the track side signals and building are really interesting as well. Also the train hobby seems to be a great way to show off more than just trains as you can have a city in the layout or a Western theme, or just anything I want!

So Hello Train tech! Please welcome me ,Halfpenguinhalflego, aboard!

Also the train hobby seems to be a great way to show off more than just trains as you can have a city in the layout or a Western theme...

:thumbup:

Welcome halfpenguinhalflego. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Well, i have to admit at i have been looking for those train sets about a couple of years, but havent never buyed any. Im intrested about old steam trains, i think they were much cooler than thosse modern diesel trains today etc. I admit at i am getting slowly hooked into trains :blush: I have ordered the Emerald Train into Chrismas and wish at TGL would relase more of those Steam trains. Overall: Yes, i guess i am a small train fan also (Does that count?)

Captain Becker

Hello Captain Becker. I haven't seen you around these parts. Hope you enjoy the forum - and I hope you enjoy your Emerald Night. Fantastic train! :thumbup:

yeah, i'm a train fan too!! :sweet: currently the only one i have is the new Toy Story one. i really like it, and think it'd be cool to motorize it one day... :wink:

a couple years ago, i'd managed to save enough to get the New Holiday Train, but alas, as i was putting in my order from the Lego Shop at Home cataloge, i was informed it was currently on backorder and pretty much discontinued... ARGGGHHHH!!!! i wasn't going to give up easily, so i actually went and called EVERY Lego store in the U.S. and also turned up empty handed... :thumbdown:

i was pretty distraught, so i consoled myself with the next best thing, when i went to my 'not so local' Lego Store, a while later... really cool Belville Wintry Stables and The Skating Princess sets... and a couple other Christmasy promo sets... :sweet:

since then, i've been on a quest to get the Holiday Train, and also the OLD one that came out about 15 years ago... (when i was like about 6 and didn't have any money.) :hmpf_bad:

*sigh* that's my sad tale...

Welcome smittyfan. I'm sorry to hear that you were never able to pick up a Holiday Train. I do like the Toy Story Western Train though.

Personally, I don't recall another holiday train.

In any case, I hope you enjoy the forum. :classic: