Hi to everyone! My name is George.

Since I was a boy, I was fascinated by trains. Unfortunatelly, as these type of sets were usually priced higher than others, my parents didn't bought me any of them. This changed when I was old enough to have my own money and I bought myself the passenger train 7897, the cargo train 7939 and my favourite one, the Emerald Night!

Since I became a member here, although I didn't have some relevant work to display I occasionally looked in this part of the forum and admired the work of fellow MOCers. 

A year ago, after visiting Japan for holidays and travelled with a lot of different trains, I was astonished by the Shinkansens, and when I got back, I decided to MOC one of them. Due to luck of time and some other factors, I left my project behind, but now with the Covid lockdown and a lot of time to spare, I decided to continue with my project and to make the best out of it! Hopefully, when everything comes back to regularity, I will be able to complete my MOC.

I want to believe that this MOC will be the begining of more to come.

Hello! 

I love lego trains, when I was younger I used to have set 10205 and boy I wish I still had it. 

However I recently bought 60197, 2 in fact. And boy howdy I love it, managed to marry 2 carriages to make 1 big carriage. 

Thank you for reading. 

Hello, my name is Markus,

once upon a time I started in the 12V area (and I still have most bricks from e.g. 7730, 7815, 7819). In between some dark ages I bought the Emerald Night and Horizon Express. During the last years I was in LEGO-Limbo occasionally buying the annual modular building but nothing more. I recently was brought back to bricking by my offspring and the impressive choice of LEGO :pir-hmpf_bad: brick train products (OMG. R104 curves! :excited:).

Welcome B.K.! I know what you mean, seeing some of the things the AFOLs build (including the wide radius curves) it is mind blowing if you compare it to the lego trains of the 1990's.

Hello EB train community,

I have been building LEGOS from a very early age (I think I got my first set around age 4-5), and when I got a little older I saw the trains for sale in the catalogs. My first one was the 7938 passenger train, followed by the 3677, then soon after I got the 10219 (boy am I glad I picked that one up, given the price nowadays) and the 7898. I also got a lot of extra track, all from the RC/PF era. Sadly I missed the end of the 9v era so I didn't have any experience with the trains from the 1990s. I remember at the end of this period I was looking a little bit into getting one of the 12v trains, but I think I wouldn't have known how to set it up in the US given that I didn't do any research about it, I just liked the appearance of the trains (namely 7740). Again, this was when I didn't have any knowledge of how to set these old trains up. Enter my Dark Ages in terms of trains- I was still building Technic for a while. I don't really view them as "Dark", I simply had other interests including MTG and D&D, which I still have. Only recently, during quarantine, I wanted to something productive- so I began to reconstruct some of my old lego sets, given that many of them were scattered among my vortex of parts. Throughout several weeks I rebuilt all of my early sets (listed above) and also 7936 and 7937. I wanted to expand my collection, but most of the new trains weren't that appealing to me. I don't know how I came to this conclusion, but I wanted to get into one of the older systems of trains- and I remembered the 7740 that I had looked at many years ago. Now, I had the knowledge and perseverance to do research properly. After weeks of research I finally placed a couple of international orders for a complete 7745, a transformer, and extra straight and curved rails and a cross. Weeks of eager waiting went by, and unfortunately my 7745 arrived incomplete, which was resolved eventually. I did some experiments to get the correct voltage and while waiting for my transformer I was able to power the train with 2 9v battery packs to test it. Well anyways, later I finally got the transformer and extra track plus the missing parts for the 7745 (including the connector rail) so I could run the train with the proper transformer. I use a voltage converter to convert NA outlets into the EU outlets for the 12v transformer. Next on my list were the sets that made the 12v system so great- 2 points and 2 signals. I got those in time for Christmas in addition to a complete boxed 7865 and some of the parts for a 7760, so I made an excuse for a 7760 (incorrect parts, I didn't order the weights, windows, correct roof, and correct doors plus other parts) with my extra motor. Currently I'm in the process of completing the 7760 and then BrickLinking together a 7750 (yes, I know how much it costs and how rare some parts are). I have a 7866 and 7867 plus some of the semi-rare parts for the 7750 in the mail. Long-term I'm planning to get the 7740, but I want to get a very nice version including box, all stickers, and nice parts so I'm waiting on that for a while. So, I still have all of my PF/RC trains, but am putting my effort into the 12v system for now. I signed up for a EB account because I wanted to see if people had information- lo and behold, I was not disappointed. I'm always searching for new information about these wonderful trains.

-Reker1000000-

You've found your people Reker1000000. There are several builders around here with amazing 12v layouts and others who are building fantastic MOCs in the classic 12v style and parts palette.

With a recent influx of new members, with this post I suggest that the admin ( @JopieK ) pin this thread to the top of train tech so that it is always easy to find.

Hi everyone,

I've been a reader of the forums for a (very) long time and thought I'd introduce myself and get involved!

I'm a big LEGO train fan, but love City and Star Wars, as well as the odd Marvel set. I live in Plymouth, UK!

A lot of the creations on the forums are mind blowing, and maybe I'll add one or two of my own in the future!

James (Stranky)

10 hours ago, Stranky said:

Hi everyone,

I've been a reader of the forums for a (very) long time and thought I'd introduce myself and get involved!

I'm a big LEGO train fan, but love City and Star Wars, as well as the odd Marvel set. I live in Plymouth, UK!

A lot of the creations on the forums are mind blowing, and maybe I'll add one or two of my own in the future!

James (Stranky)

@Stranky: Welcome James! Great to have you here. @zephyr1934 I (re)pinned it. Seems to be some technical issue that unpins certain topics.

Hi I'm Flaming! I'm fairly new to Eurobricks, but I've been a huge Lego fan ever since I was a kid. I noticed that this is a classic trains forum and when I was younger I used to collect toy trains and cars as well as Lego. I've done some brickfilms and I've done some small MOC builds in my free time

1 hour ago, Flaming Bricks said:

Hi I'm Flaming! I'm fairly new to Eurobricks, but I've been a huge Lego fan ever since I was a kid. I noticed that this is a classic trains forum and when I was younger I used to collect toy trains and cars as well as Lego. I've done some brickfilms and I've done some small MOC builds in my free time

welcome! feel free to post some of your train mocs here.

Just now, XG BC said:

welcome! feel free to post some of your train mocs here.

Sure do, I have been wanting to add to extra motors on my Hogwarts Express for example (it would be cool to see it run around Hogwarts on some Lego tracks)

Hello fellow train enthusiasts, 

Good point to revive this topic :classic:

My name is Max, I am French, I have loved and played with legos during my whole childhood, and like many others a dark aged followed as I grew up. I came back to it during the pandemic and decided to focus on trains, because why not :laugh:

I still have all the sets from when I was younger. Most notably, I have the complete city monorail 6399 in its box, which we absolutely loved with my sister :wub:

I have been busy with work over the past few months, but I will try to post updates here and on my instagram account as I continue building my small train layout.

Have a great day !

Welcome back from the dark ages Verybricks. If you're back into trains, then there is some good to this pandemic. Having a complete city monorail still in the box is awesome. I'm sure we'd all enjoy seeing your layout, both trains and with the monorail running.

@verybricks Great to have you in! Monorails always have been one of my favorites! Of course we have the brick-built solutions nowadays but those sets from the ninetieth are just awesome!

Hi all - like others, really appreciate this stream being revived. Have introduced myself on the general “Hello, my name is…” topic, but it is great to have something in Train Tech as well.

My name is Antony and I’m now 42 *oh2*. My son is 7 and really getting into trains so a lot of what I build is to play with him in the first instance, often trying to fill the gaps in the sets officially launched by LEGO. I posted separately about my current LEGO Ideas project for an official train tunnel; my other main project at the moment is a powered-up 0-6-0 based on the Caledonian 812 class, which is something of a companion piece to the tunnel, but designed to work on its own as well. A few pieces still waiting to come in the post before it is ready for it’s maiden run, but seems to be running well even with a few holes in the side 😁

My deep, dark secret is that I was really into Space LEGO as a kid, and had a space city under a table tennis table based around the space monorail (6990)… but always had an envious eye on the city and train ranges. Now I’m “all grown up”, I enjoy the City and other real-life infrastructure more than anything else… and my son has his own little town (circled by 60052, 7725 and Emerald Night) on the living room table.

Great to get to know everyone, and really appreciate all the mutual support and encouragement in the forum.

Welcome Stranky, Flaming, Verybricks and BananaBrick01! Always great to see more train builders on the forum, looking forward to seeing some of your creations big or small.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:06 PM, JopieK said:

I (re)pinned it. Seems to be some technical issue that unpins certain topics. 

Excellent and thank you! I'm not sure if this thread was ever pinned but it was definitely missing and missed.