Welcome Skriblez! The 7939 is a great place to start (and at 40% off, buy two, grin). There are all sorts of great creations at the intersection of technic an trains.

Thank you :) Bought 2 but one is a gift for a little kid. I was at the sale a bit late so the hoarders had been there already.

Hello!

I've been reading through the Eurobricks forums for a few years and finally broke down to become a member. I had the Metroliner as a kid and loved it. After a dark ages period, I stumbled across Lego again online and couldn't believe how far it had come (and how many cool trains I had missed). To be specific, I saw one of the NMRA Lego train displays on YouTube and was hooked. I got back into Legos in time to get the Emerald Night and thankfully I have family and friends who support my hobby/addiction. Now I just need to find enough space to build a layout...

Hi there qnadah37,

aren't the lego trains fantastic? For a long time I thought them to be just for kids (in the age of 4559 & 4561), but when the sets for AFOLs started coming out... well, I'm hooked.

If you like running the trains without much scenery, it is pretty quick to set up a loop of track... even a large loop of track in any sort of open space (even quicker if you disassemble the track segments in pairs). Or if you like large, highly detailed layouts, check to see if there is a club in your area that you could join (most clubs are welcoming to members of all levels of interest) or aim for one of the many large shows (brickworld, etc).

Hi all

i coming here and i'm fan of lego train ;)

I'm french and interested by automation by RCX (in train, not on track)

Is there a bank of pictures like those :

a_4564.gif

a_7745.gif

a_7710.gif

Hello;

I wanted to try trains as a hobby, and since I was already into Lego, decided to mix the two.

While L gauge can seem limiting, it's just not as intimidating to get into. It's not supposed to look real, it's LEGO.

And there's just no denying the fun factor. What other scale can a train start at Hogwarts and end at docking bay 97 and look perfectly normal?

I have a Hogwarts Express, The red and yellow Cargo Trains and the Toy Story 3 Train. I like how each train is a different style.

I will soon post about my new train table, and am always hoping for a new Lego Train set.

Welcome elicend and Hhmarshall! Indeed, there is a lot of room to do all sorts of things with lego trains. And you have come to the right place either to show off your great creations to a crowd who will understand what it took or be able to help you find solutions to whatever your current challenge might be. See you both in the forums!

Hi,

I've just started collecting trains this year, but I've loved them since forever. I got my first Lego trin back in '91/'92 - the 4563 Euro Freight Line - for which I got a single wagon, 4543 the Trasport wagon.

I started the year with getting 7938 as a (late) christmas present and then went out and bought 7939 + some tracks.

For the last 1½ I've been reading the train forums, but I've been following the technic forums since I got out of my black period about 4 years ago :)

I'm currently looking forward to getting the 10233 (the wife promissed me it for x-mas) in a few weeks.

I'm currently looking forward to getting the 10233 (the wife promissed me it for x-mas) in a few weeks.

You won't be disappointed, it's a great build, but it will make you want 2 of them!

Hi all!

I'm not so good in trains construction, my speciality is technic. But i've decided to construct a technic train for TRIPLE BUILD contest and that is it:

DSC_7357r.jpg

The shunter has four remote controlled functions: moving, motorized RC coupling, carriage unloading and light signalization.

More pictures and demonstration is here - http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=87611

I understand it is a strange train but i hope you like it :)

Edited by desert752

Hi all i have been collecting Lego trains for a Year or so,I started off with the Yellow Cargo Train 7939 & loved it, now i have a small collection which consists of

Yellow cargo Train 7939

Maersk Train 10219

Horizon Express 10233

Emerald night 10194

Metroliner 4558

Freight Rail Runner 4564

Cargo Train 4512

Red Cargo Train 3677

Red Passenger Train 7938

Constitution Train 79111

Green Cargo Train 7898.

Hey desert752,

that is a pretty slick looking train. The various operational features are very clever.

Thanks!

I'm just getting involved in the train scene, courtesy of a 6 year son. I'm hoping to convert a Constitution (79111) into a motorized version this Christmas. I'm also buying up the smaller mini/micro models, like the Christmas train (40034) and the mini train (4837). The MOCs, mods, and recolors in these threads are just amazing and quite inspirational. Please keep sharing the good work.

Hello I've been doing stuff with lego over the last couple years I've just finished my first train layout and I am building some locomotives.

HI all:

I've been participating for a while here, but have been out of my dark ages for a year and a half and have gone all in on trains. I have the Maersk, Emerald Night, Yellow Cargo and Red Passenger trains, and am working on acquiring the Santa Fe and Horizon Express.

I do have one question for those who have been around -- whatever happened to user kyphur? He was extremely active and helpful in this forum until earlier this year, but appears to have disappeared. Just wondering if anybody knows....

Hi all,

I'm Matt. I've liked railroads for a very long time; I'm currently pursuing a Master's degree in railroad engineering.

My first full Lego train set was the Metroliner when it was re-released. Since getting out of my dark ages last year I've started building 8-wide locomotives and cars, taking much inspiration from Cale Leiphart and Nate Brill's creations. My first creation, and the one which I'm most proud of so far, is my CNJ steam wrecker.

11260188884_e4f73aa313.jpg

I like to build old, off-beat rail equipment, especially heavy electrics like the New Haven Railroad and the New York Central operated. I also like to model civil engineering structures from the New York area, especially bridges, carfloat bridges, and movable bridges. My Flickr can be found here: http://www.flickr.co...s/91993389@N08/ I'm constantly updating it with finished models and works-in-progress. Thanks!

Edited by CrispyBassist

Hi CP, before reading your text I could see Cale's influence in your photo (or more to the point, I thought, gee, that looks like something Cale built). You've got some neat builds. Looking forward to seeing more of your work around these parts.

Hello there,

I've allready been on EB since august, when i came out of my dark ages but not much in to trains up till now... The monster fighter line was the thing that sparked my interest, and since the series is slowly being phased out, i just had to grab the ghost train before it's gone. Also been gaining interest in other trains, so i got the constitutional train chase aswell, since the lone ranger series is also being phased out. I want to collect more sets, but it will have to wait for now.

In my youth i only had a HO scale train set, but never lego trains. My nephews had them though, but this was the time of the 12 volt era, and my parents probably deemed them too expensive. (needless to say, my nephews had way more lego than we had at home)

Howdy all,

Been lurking on and off here for years more or less. Haven't been active in Lego's for years minus goofing around with my nephew. I have a 3 yr old who is train crazy to the point he can probably lecture most adults on steam locomotives, rolling stock and diesels. We sit down and read Trains every month when it comes in the mail. Needless to say I began to experiment with small Lego sets to see how they went and he loved them. So when Christmas time came, so did a 7938 passenger set along with the Train Station. Only kid I know with a Thomas train table full of Lego train :laugh:

I won't lie, love Lego as a toy and it makes kids think as well. Trying to share that with my little bozo and since we both love trains, its a natural for us.

Only downer so far is Mom yelling at us for getting pieces all over lol

He turns 4 in March, so I'm sure a cargo train is in his future, he was begging for it when he saw it in the instructions.

The part that breaks my heart is he keeps asking for a Lego steam engine, finding a good deal on a Emerald Night set is hard to do(I even had one in my hands years ago when it was released, always a toy lurker lol)

Welcome along.

The part that breaks my heart is he keeps asking for a Lego steam engine, finding a good deal on a Emerald Night set is hard to do(I even had one in my hands years ago when it was released, always a toy lurker lol)

The Constitution train chase set might be a good option, or try to find just the Engine of the Emerald Night, many people bought multiple sets for extra carriages.