Hello all, I made an introduction in the general section, but thought I would say hello here as I just found this . I actually work as a fleet engineer here in the UK on a fleet of OTMs, and would love to try and model some of them in LEGO, but I wouldn't know where to start...

f1fb4e1d4dba026263f844a966b25bc7.jpg

I went to Plasser & Theurer's works in Linz earlier in the year and to Robel in Frielassing, a great experience to see the real things being built!

Welcome aboard English Electric, it's great to see someone who actually works in the field join the group as there are a number of us who have a passion for Permanent Way machines as well as the more typical railway modelling subjects.

Edited by Steinkopf

Hi. I finally registered for this site after been reading the topics here for about 6 months. I have an interest in trains. I was in the planning stages of building a HOn3 layout in my basement. However after a trip to New York City and visiting the Lego store there and seeing other Lego based displays( USS Intrepid and Rockerfeller Center), I changed directions. I now want to build a Lego train layout. Since then, I have picked up the Cargo train, the Maersk set, and some more track. I have a small track layout on a 4'x8' sheet of plywood now, but want to build a bigger layout in the future.

I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to being part of this group.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi.

Hi Scott. Welcome to EB's LEGO Train Community. Sounds like you've got a nice start to building a train layout. Hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

Hello all, I made an introduction in the general section, but thought I would say hello here as I just found this pinned topic.

Sven, I have just had a look at some of your track maintenance machines (known as on track machines or OTM's here in he UK), they ae truly excellent models. I actually work as a fleet engineer here in the UK on a fleet of OTMs, and would love to try and model some of them in LEGO, but I wouldn't know where to start...

f1fb4e1d4dba026263f844a966b25bc7.jpg

I went to Plasser & Theurer's works in Linz earlier in the year and to Robel in Frielassing, a great experience to see the real things being built!

Welcome to EB's LEGO Train Community English Electric.

I like this track maintenance machines very well. And I have turned my hobby into a profession. I work in a shop for track maintenance machines. Therefore, I have a good knowledge about these machines. With pride I can say that Plasser & Theurer my models has also been exhibited at trade fairs in Germany and the USA.

Here a link: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=286911

In any case, it's great subject. And I will build a few more machines in Lego.

Sven (Captain K)

Hi all,

just subscribed to eurobricks.com only to join TRAIN Tech forum.

I'm a fan of LEGO and real trains since I was one meter tall.

Now that I'm 33, my wife gave me my first LEGO Train (7938 Passenger Train) as a gift and I'm now starting my own collection.

At the moment I own the following trains:

- 7938 Passenger Train

- 3677 Red Cargo Train

- 7939 Cargo Train

- 10219 Maersk Train (motorized)

Emerald Night is in my wish list.

Happy New Year all. I included a short introduction in a question I posted in another thread, but just saw this thread so thought I say proper hello here.

I've been a fan of LEGO for as long as I can remember and got hooked on the train sets specifically during the late 9V era; late 90's to be a bit more specific (although I do remember playing with the 4.5V trains when I was younger - I'm 42 now, btw).

Unfortunatly, I've been on a break for several years now (nearly a decade, it turns out) but decided to get back into the game and spent the last week rebuilding all my train sets and reading up on developments in the world of LEGO Trains. Of course, the biggest surprise for me was the discontinuation of the 9V system and the move to current PF system. After the initial shock, I got to grips with the new direction and already ordered a few of the more recent sets to make up for lost time (as well as some of the older ones I missed. Yes, I went on a bit of a spending spree :blush: ).

I already owned the following sets:

- 4565 Freight and Crane Railway

- 2126 Train Cars

- 4533 Train Track Snow Remover

- 4708 Hogwarts Express (motorized with MOC tender)

- 10001 Metroliner + 10002 Railroad Club Car

- 10205 Large Engine with Tender + all the rolling stock to go with it (10013/14/15/16/17)

- 10020 Santa Fe Super Chief

And I've already ordered/got my eye on:

Emerald Night, Cargo Train, Red Cargo Train, Maersk Train, Ghost Train and the gorgeous Horizon Express

(I'll have to create one of those bitmap signatures once I got the new additions).

Hello from Holland,

I joined because I wanted to show my newest Moc/Layout WIP.

Here are some pictures:

8344737015_c3ed8be6d1.jpg

In the meantime i'm almost finished for now but with LEGO you're never finished :grin:

Greetings

Erwin

Edited by UrbanErwin

Hey People, I've been reading the forums for a while and I figured Id join 'em. Dont really know where else to post at the time. All the icons look different than when I wasnt signed in. XD

Hello all!

Long time fan of LEGO and LEGO trains. Over the summer dug out my old trains (Metroliner and Freight Rail Runner) and started collecting the old 9V trains i never had as a kid. Currently i have every model from 1991-1995 from the 9 volt line. I recently picked up the Horizon Express and retrograded it to 9v and it really gave me the bug to start building my own lego trains. First project will be the Chicago Northshore and Milwaukee Electroliner! i'll make sure to keep updated on my progress.

Hi my name is Richard and I have collected most of the 9V series, RC and PF Trains. My favorite LEGO trains are the Santa Fe Super Chief, Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) GP-38 Locomotive, Emerald Night and Maersk. train. I wonder why LEGO hasn't changed the RC train line to PF Trains. I know both series are remote control but they have very different components. I have also founded our LUG in Winnipeg, Manitoba (MBLUG -mblug.org). We have several LEGO train fans in our group and we had our biggest collaborative show in November 2012 (over 500 sq feet of 9V layout with double rails circling the outside perimeter of the layout. I have to say there is a bond thats formed when you meet other AFOLs and TFOLs in your area.

Edited by Brickcetra

Welcome, Richard! Congratulations on founding your LUG! I enjoyed the pictures of the events you hosted. :classic:

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

Since it looks like it is normal here to introduce yourself, let's do so:

Hi, I'm raised, and these are the things I built:

7448555974_f1fea7d393.jpg

6167273821_d202fbd6e7.jpg

5699050676_4275978321.jpg

And here is my flickr

Also, I only like 9v because the tracks are more prototypical. I switched to PF already a couple of years ago.

Edited by raised

I'm relatively new to Lego Trains as I was more into the "Expert Builder" and later "Technic" Legos when I was a kid (80s). My boys are very much into trains and I'm getting interested right along with them. Current sets: 7939, 3877, 10219, and the latest 10233. I also have a 10194 waiting in the wings as a future gift to my boys (birthday or Christmas this year).

I've found this site awesome for ideas and reviews so I became a member.

I am working on some modular tables to set up a pretty big layout (will be approximately 2m x 3m when complete). I have 3 of the 10 planned tables put together. Pictures will follow.

G'day

I better start at the begining

one of my earlier Lego sets was 171 Train Set

Later would come 7745 HighSpeed city Express Passenger Train

And now that my love for Lego has been re-ignited, I have just purchased the 10219 Maersk Container Train

this is a beautiful train

I have also bought the motor, battery pack, IR controler and reciever

I know this does not get a lot of love here but I like that the engine always has power avaliable and thus runs smooth

I have been reading up of all the MOC's that peole have created and I am awestruck by what has been done

See you around

Pete

Hello, my name is Jimmy and I live in Yorkshire but originally come from Washington in the North East of England (For history fans we are the original Washington, George Washington's ancestors are from there and our crest is the stars and stripes which got taken for the American flag).

I've always been interested in trains and ended up working as a guard on British Rail. My first Lego train set as a kid in the 80s was like most people on here, the classic 7740. I went on to get 7730, 7760 along with stations, crossings and accessories and then the hobby lapsed for a number of years......

Now it's been rekindled and I believe that this is a golden age for Lego Trains. My first trains purchase for years was Emerald Night and I've been gathering bricks since then. I don't want to build a layout with buildings etc, I want to concentrate on trains and run them on a simple main line and maybe in the future run or display them at ILTCO events. I'm happy to display them on shelves in my house which I'll be building as my collection grows.

I have a particular interest in American trains especially freight so I will be building solely this theme and I will display them on here soon hopefully. I haven't the confidence or skill to produce MOCs but I am gathering enough building instructions that others have kindly posted online and maybe change liveries to suit my trains. It's a shame that some people steal other's designs and sell them on eBay but it's also good that the Lego train community can share ideas and instructions with each other free of charge. I hope to play a small part in this community.

Hello Jimmy. Welcome among us train nuts.

Now it's been rekindled and I believe that this is a golden age for Lego Trains. My first trains purchase for years was Emerald Night and I've been gathering bricks since then. I don't want to build a layout with buildings etc, I want to concentrate on trains and run them on a simple main line and maybe in the future run or display them at ILTCO events. I'm happy to display them on shelves in my house which I'll be building as my collection grows.

I intend to build a layout but that is for some time in the dim future. For now, I've been building MOCed and MODed (Maersk train) North American freight cars and locomotives that I display on shelves. Speaking of which, I've found the perfect ''off-the-shelf'' shelf at my local IKEA, the RIBBA Picture ledge. It is exactly the right length for 9 straight track sections. The track pieces fit snuggly against the outside edge of the shelf and a ''1 x 2 plate with handle'' installed on the inside of the track (I usually put one on the joint between the 1st an 2nd track piece and another on the joint between the 8th and 9th track piece) will lock it against the inside edge of the shelf. Here is a link for the shelf on IKEA's Canadian site:

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50152595/

If you would like pictures, let me know.

I have a particular interest in American trains especially freight so I will be building solely this theme and I will display them on here soon hopefully. I haven't the confidence or skill to produce MOCs but I am gathering enough building instructions that others have kindly posted online and maybe change liveries to suit my trains. It's a shame that some people steal other's designs and sell them on eBay but it's also good that the Lego train community can share ideas and instructions with each other free of charge. I hope to play a small part in this community.

My area of interest as well. If you haven't come across them yet, I have a few instructions on the Railbricks site:

http://railbricks.com/instructions/diesel-locomotives/

http://railbricks.com/instructions/freight-cars/

Dan-147

Thank you Dan, my local IKEA has those shelves in stock. Your B40-8W looks like the first loco I will build. I'll post pictures here and of course give you credit whenever I post pictures or display it.

Hello,

I'm Christian from Dortmund/Germany and just joined the forum in order to get into contact with some other Lego train enthusiasts

(so, please add my name to the Train Tech scrolls).

I started in the 70's with the blue 4.5 V trains and extended my collection some years ago, just before I switched to the 9V system.

By now, my locos and coaches primarily collect dust waiting on top of our book shelves - an unbearable situation, that must be changed.

The major problem: godzilla on the loose - impersonated by my cute little daughter.

So, I am currently planning the permanent installation of a 2-level layout in our corridor (11.5 m x 1.9 m). Since multiple trains and

dozends of switches and signals need to be controlled 2 metres above the floor level, I'll employ my computer and DCC to get the job done.

I have just decided on the general layout and started to prepare some tests of electronic equipment and motor performance, especially

regarding climbing long, steep and curved slopes.

I'm eager to exchange any bit of experience collected answering my or similar challenges!

Best regards

Xris

Hello everyone – my name is Michael

I browse through the forum regularly, although I don’t often post.

I've loved Lego since I was a little kid - and now I've grown up into a big kid I still love Lego.

My first train set was the little DB Steam Loco - set 126. I still have the bricks, although they are merged into quite a few thousand others. Trains are still my favourite things to try and build, but for a while the engineer in me enjoyed using Technic pieces and sets.

Nowadays, my job means I need to travel extensively. I am rarely at home, so building in real brick simply isn't practical at the moment. This was a real issue for me until last year I discovered LDD. It gives me the opportunity to create while I travel. Then when LDD to POV-Ray Converter was released it meant I could visualise MOCs as if they were ABS. Wonderful . . . and a very big thank you to Martin Hronský!!!

I have a Flickr photostream here : http://www.flickr.co...s/88718670@N02/

and a Brickshelf gallery here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=510921

Thanks to Eurobricks for being a great Lego resource and reference point.

Edited by pickyourownbogie

Welcome along Micheal,

I've really enjoyed seeing your builds in the Flickr groups, most recently the pink hopper.

Hi!

I'm Max, from Italy.

I started loving lego trains when i was young and i remember well when i was something like 5 and i saw a 7740 in a shop... i really wanted it!

Of course my mom took a 7720... and i was happy for it (but i dreamed for years a 7740 :wub: ).

Then, growing i had more... 7755 7735 and many rails and points and signals...

As an adult, i found how to find again my loved lego trains on internet and now my collection has grown like me :tongue: