Sign in to follow this  
Jackattack7

What should I buy?: Google Nexus, Ipad mini or a Kindle Fire HD?

Hi all,

For me this is really important because I want a really good tablet (which is affordable) so I can also get extras. At X-mas I want to be able to get a Nikon, The Batboat set, The bat set and at least 2 TMNT sets (Kraang's lab and the Stealth Shell) as well as a tablet. But I am really stuck in deciding of what one to get but I have narrowed my choices down to three. (BUT I AM COMPARING ALTERNATIVES TO AN IPAD MINI.)

Ipad Mini 16GB; £269, 5MP camera with 1080p HD video (rear facing) , 10 hours battery life, display screen is 1,024 x 768 pixels (163 ppi), dual core processor and finally I have used apple products in the past.

Google Nexus 32GB; £200, Has twice the memory, 1.2MP (but I will get a Nikon), 10.1 hours of battery life, display screen is 1,280 x 800 (216 ppi) and quad core processor. A certain swinger is can anyone tell me how to get songs from my itunes library onto this tablet.Kindle Fire HD

Kindle Fire HD 16GB; £160, Same memory as Ipad Mini, 720p (web chat), 5.1 hours battery life, same display screen as Google Nexus and dual core processor. Also the same, how do you get songs from itunes onto this device.

Please help me out. Thanks.

Edited by Jackattack7

That is exactly the same question my wife was asking for me. She wants to get me a tablet. Her little brother is getting a Google Nexus, which we have heard a lot of good things about. Plus, with that price, you can't go wrong. However, I worry that it could be the next Microsoft Zune. A well known company trying to break into the market only to fall flat. But only time will tell on that.

Out of prices, you can't go wrong with the Kindle Fire HD (or 2nd generation Fire). The CEO of Amazon even stated that they are selling the Kindles for much less than they should because of all of the added content you can purchase. My wife has a 2nd gen Fire and she really enjoys it and the HD seems to blow that out of the water. I am leaning towards that for myself, but only because I haven't done the necessary footwork for the research elsewhere.

If you put forward a little more money you could go with the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 " due to the higher resolution and slightly faster processor. This is a nice little comparison table (it might be skewed since on Amazon website), but taking that at face value the Fire seems like a steal. Plus, I like the unlimited cloud storage availability.

Good luck on your purchase. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you end up getting. Let us know what you think of the final product.

I'm sure someone else on here will be able to help you more than I can. I don't have anything on iTunes so I can't explain that.

Let us know what you think of the final product.

I'm sure someone else on here will be able to help you more than I can. I don't have anything on iTunes so I can't explain that.

Of course I will let you know, I will rule out the ipad mini if anyone can tell me how to get my itunes library onto that tablet.

Of course I will let you know, I will rule out the ipad mini if anyone can tell me how to get my itunes library onto that tablet.

Don't you just have to login or something?

I'd recommend the Google Nexus 7, it has more functionality than mini and has more personalization. Plus, only a very few people regret switching from Apple to Google!

Edited by TheRedGuy

I'd recommend the Google Nexus 7, it has more functionality than mini and has more personalization. Plus, only a very few people regret switching from Apple to Google!

Yeah, that is my favourite, but it would be a pain if I can't get my songs which are in itunes (about 200 of them) on to it. :hmpf_bad:

This isn't the place to be asking about this sort of thing. I'm sure a tech forum or blog would be of greater help than we would, anyway. Here's a review to get you started. :classic: