Sign in to follow this  
mrcp6d

Challenge V - Mystic Ice Tower Refuge

My entry for Challenge V, I'm kind of surprised nobody has built their take on the "towers made of ice" mentioned briefly in the Travellers Guide - but somebody had to do it...

8174239705_74514e0b39_z.jpg

From Mikkel's journal:

We arrived today at a newly discovered tower constructed of ice and snow. The small contingent already there has made no headway in determining the origins of the tower or how to enter; there does not appear to be a door. If Victor and his forces are ever defeated, the mages from Cerdica may be able to unlock this structure's secrets. The Norseman running the place at our arrival sure didn't seem happy to see us, but we were informed later that he always looks like he's ready to put an axe through somebody's helm. For now the fishing seems to be good, so at least we'll eat well while we're here.

8174270224_6325cbdae4_z.jpg

8174270914_12b9515067_z.jpg

More pics:

Hope you enjoy.

Edit: Ok, so I'm seeing a slideshow there ^ how do I get just a link?

Edited by mrcp6d

Great entry, and it's impressive that you posted a build so quickly! I really like the ice tower and the landscaping looks very Mitgardian :thumbup:

I'm loving all the great stuff you new members are putting out :classic:

For just joining Eurobricks, i have to ask, Have you been posting MOCs on a different site before? Your setup for photography is excellent if you haven't.

If I hadn't of noticed how many comments you had made, I would've accidentally thought you would have been a part of GOH for a long time! You've managed to hope right in with no shock in your legs. Excellent build!

Edited by Penkid11

Welcome to Mitgardia! Excellent first build, the ice tower is a great idea and you exectuted it perfectly. :thumbup:

Awesome! Lovely build. I'm loving all the fine details, and as mentioned your photography is excellent. Great work! (by the way I think the slideshow is great! Leave as is please! :wink:)

Awesome !Its so realistic,the water,the snowy shore and the rocks!The ice tower and snowy wall are also lovely!The little wooden wall is good too.

I wish you the best of luck for the challenge! :)

Welcome to GoH! I'd just leave the slideshow if I were you, :wink: but if you do what to get rid of it, you'd have to hyperlink the set to some text (eg. click here, with here as a link).

Anyway, fantastic first build! Way better than my first, and I love the water especially! You've also got some neat little details going there, especially the cave in the back! :thumbup: Great job!

Really nice MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like how you made the rocky cliff with the snow and the colour of the water :wink: :wink:

What a great way to introduce yourself! It's pretty good stuff, I like it!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm not sure my photography is all that good yet, but it is kind of amazing what 2 sheets of posterboard and the editing software from your camera can do for you--although 2 sheets wasn't quite enough, that exposed corner is bugging me.... I haven't looked yet, but is there a thread around here with photo taking tips?

great entry! Welcome to EBs/GoH!

Edited by Legonardo

My entry for Challenge V, I'm kind of surprised nobody has built their take on the "towers made of ice" mentioned briefly in the Travellers Guide - but somebody had to do it...

Well I think it's because most of the Mitgardians did build a lot with snow allready, so they used the opportunity to do something different this challenge :wink:

But I'm glad you've build a tower made of ice! Looks great :thumbup:

A great way to introduce yourself! This turned out just great! Many great details to look at and the photos are very good!

Some great techniques here! I love that you tackled the ice towers, and you've done a great job! That would be a perfect place to post a sentry... I really like the roof and the use of oars for supports, the rock and snow work, and I love the frozen banks of the river. Great entry for Mitgardia!