Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2013 - Information Topic

I'll have a skype call with Holodoc and Copmike soon, once the Doc manages to install skype....

:tongue:

Ready when you are...

Okay, any advice for best way to get there? Where to fly to etc?

We normally use Munich airport as it has good flight connections and is about 90 minutes by car from Gunzburg. Munich Airport has good transport links to the city centre if you wish to avail of public transport to Gunzburg.

Memmingen airport is nearer (approximately 40 minutes drive) and is used by Ryanair which is not a good option if you wish to purchase LEGO given their weight restrictions. Public transport options to Gunzburg may be limited from Memmingen.

We have never used Stuttgart but it looks to be about the same distance from Gunzburg as Munich.

Stuttgart is actually slightly closer (95 km) than Munich (130 km). Connections should also be ok.

Edit: I'm of course talking about airports. Munchens airport is on the oposite side of town and so close to city center.

Edited by Cwetqo

Stuttgart is actually slightly closer (95 km) than Munich (130 km). Connections should also be ok.

I can confirm that!

The last two events in Günzburg, Kim and Morten came by plane to Stuttgart and I picked them up on my way (by car) to Günzburg.

Depending on when you would arrive I offer this opportunity to you as well.

Okay, any advice for best way to get there? Where to fly to etc?

I'm flying to Munich with cecilie and ace at least. But that's mainly because that's where the cheap flights were going.

I'll look into what is on offer. Cardiff and Bristol airports are the most sensible options for me to fly from as it is easy to get to them for continental flights. I will take a look for info and get back with my arrival times and such.

I'll spend a year in Munich starting in March, so I'll definitely be there! Won't need accomodation though. Wohoo, can't wait to see you guys again!

Right, got a meeting tomorrow at 2PM with my senior tutor. If it goes well then I shall attend.

Right spoke to senior tutor and she was fine with it, I should be able to go so sign me up! My girlfriend will come too. :classic:

Lots of fun for all is coming - great to see so many eager members :wub: !

I´ll fly in to Munich on wednesday, touchdown at 4.15 pm. Anyone else about the same time to ride together with to Günzburg :cry_happy: ?

I need to check times and flights and that, got to decide where I am flying from and suchlike. I should come up with something soon :thumbup:

Lots of fun for all is coming - great to see so many eager members :wub: !

I´ll fly in to Munich on wednesday, touchdown at 4.15 pm. Anyone else about the same time to ride together with to Günzburg :cry_happy: ?

Touchdown at 15:05 on 5/6/13. I'll be hanging about, probably getting my first sups of local libations in the airport :grin: Just follow the sounds of racous singing :wink:

I'll bite myself later but anyway: I won't be able to join you guys for the event after all as my calendar for June got filled with some jobs and other obligations.

I may be able to sneak away for a day or so but I can't and won't promise anything. Just in case: Would there be any way to join you for a day in Legoland or something like that?

Would there be any way to join you for a day in Legoland or something like that?

Sure, that's no problem at all!

I will be driving 1033km from Aarhus, Denmark. Can pick up a single person on the way if you happen to need a ride.

BTW. Are there problems getting into Gunzburg in a foreign diesel car? I'm thinking of environment stickers or other kinds of disguised tolls?

No, Gunzburg is fairly small town and those stickers are in use just in large cities. It is obligatory in Munich, but we will go there by train.

And also, there will be no need to enter Gunzburg, because we sleep in Bubbesheim, which is just a village and Legoland itself is outside any populated area.

Is anyone going to the park and back from Munich on Saturday? I haven't booked accommodation and would be up for a lift and sharing costs for petrol :D Anyone interested PM me please (English or German, for those who don't know me ;) )!

Edited by Miss Kyle