Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2013 - Information Topic

The Reim Arcaden store is on the opposite side of the city to Gunzburg but is accessible by ring-road easily enough or from the city on the U2 subway. Usually I visit that store on the way from the airport. When last I visited there was also a Miller dept. store in the centre that often sold sets at prices cheaper than the LEGO store. As I recall posting on another Munich shopping thread, there are some very decent toystores and department stores near to the central station (or accessible via the U2 line from Reim Arcaden) which could enable a LEGO-style pub crawl. Whatever option is chosen parking should be considered given we're driving from Gunzburg to the city and most of us will be from 'out-of-town'.

I hope to be in like the last years too. The good thing is: my final exams are over on May, 25t... The bad thing: I do not know if I have to be there for anything finishing organizing stuff of university etc. but I hope to find out early enough and tell you.

Really would like to be there again and Munich was on my list to see though :D

Cheers

I hope to be in like the last years too. The good thing is: my final exams are over on May, 25t... The bad thing: I do not know if I have to be there for anything finishing organizing stuff of university etc. but I hope to find out early enough and tell you.

Cheers

Hi Dana, I really hope you can make it.

Yes, I've read somewhere some time ago there was going to be a 2nd brand store in Munich. Maybe we should just visit them both :laugh:

And I know where you read it. Check our latest PM's. :grin:

The yet to be opened new store located in Pasing Arcaden is closer to Günzburg as it is placed westward of Munich, the older store eastward. Difference in between 20 km!

I'd go for the new one because I have been to the other one already.

You're not alone. :cry_sad:. On for 2014 though?

Planning out the budget for it for sure!

Cheers

I really hope you make it! :sweet: Then you can show me some of your beers! :laugh:

Wohoo, an lego event in an realistic distance from my living place. I think i will be there. Have you thinked about how the group comes to munich? I would have my car, but what is with the people which are coming without?

Have you thinked about how the group comes to munich? I would have my car, but what is with the people which are coming without?

We are hoping to have enough cars to drive the group to Munich from Gunzburg. So if you come by car and wouldn't mind taking along some other eventees to Munich that'd be great :thumbup:

ah ok, but with four people (including me) in my car, there will surely not enough space in the luggage space for our buys in the lego store :laugh: i should use at these three days the car of my mother. their luggage space is three times bigger :wink:

when we drive with cars, and you want to go in the "Hofbräuhaus", the drivers should dont want drink there. or we should use public transport, if the connections are good enough.

For driving, my only problem is navigation. :blush: Because I don't drink alcohol, I could be a driver, but I'd need someone to navigate around the city.

For the moment, I'm more in favour of taking the train, but I could come by car (specially, if there will be lack of them).

ah ok, but with four people (including me) in my car, there will surely not enough space in the luggage space for our buys in the lego store :laugh: i should use at these three days the car of my mother. their luggage space is three times bigger :wink:

when we drive with cars, and you want to go in the "Hofbräuhaus", the drivers should dont want drink there. or we should use public transport, if the connections are good enough.

I have a big trunk in my car (Renauld Grand Scenic), so I can store sets for some of the smaller cars if needed :laugh:

I'll restrict my drinking to evenings only, no problem to eat (and only drink a coke) at the Hofbrauhaus.

Although I am not going, just being a busybody here. :laugh: . I remembered reading about driving in Munich before my trip there 2 years ago. It is further reinforced by:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Munich

Quoted in the URL above:

By car

It is generally a bad idea to explore Munich by car. Traffic is heavy especially during rush hour, and parking tends to be close to impossible. Moreover, many landmarks and areas of touristic interest are located in the inner city which is partially closed for car traffic. Here parking space is particularly scarce and expensive.

Driving may be an option for visiting some of the attractions in suburban Munich like the Bavaria Film Studios or for making day trips to cities and lakes outside of Munich.

Don't forget to fit your car with green coloured Umweltplakette (ECO Vignette). You will need it to drive in some areas of town.

Munich has four ring roads, the A99, the Frankfurter Ring, the Mittlerer Ring and the Altstadtring, which can be used in order to avoid getting stuck in inner city traffic. During rush hours these rings are, however, often congested too.

The nearest U-Bahn for Hofbrauhaus is the one at Marienplatz

We still have to check on the best way to visit Munich.

Maybe there is a good train connection from a place on route from Gunzburg to Munich where we can leave the cars. Or we park somewhere near one of the LEGO brand stores (I believe they are outside of the city) and go from there to Munich city center with train/tram/subway. To be investigated.

If there's enough of us would a hired bus up to Munich in the morning and back in the evening make more sense? Transport to/from the Reim Arcaden mall and city centre by U2 tube is easy.

Whatever about others, personally I can't see myself driving or parking late in Munich city centre, where I've never driven in, or staying late in a beer hall that I can't have a beer or two in. Not exactly a bundle of fun for the drivers. I'd probably drive back to Gunzburg and enjoy a few beers back at base.

Whatever about others, personally I can't see myself driving or parking late in Munich city centre, where I've never driven in, or staying late in a beer hall that I can't have a beer or two in. Not exactly a bundle of fun for the drivers. I'd probably drive back to Gunzburg and enjoy a few beers back at base.

The idea of the Munich trip is not to stay late in a pub over there or drive in crowded city centers, no worries. It'll be a relaxing day visiting some of the nicest spots in Munich and some LEGO shopping. It's actually a bit too early to discuss the Munich trip because we'll be talking first with some people to try to work out something special. Depending on how that goes our agenda of the day might look a bit different. More later :tongue:

I am gonna try this again =) Just no pain this time.. Never had a vacation in Germany before, so this have to be good =D

Just no pain this time..

Did you have pain during the last event? I hope you were not tortured by another eventee :laugh:

Did you have pain during the last event? I hope you were not tortured by another eventee :laugh:

Only tortured by my own tooth ;) But all of them are now fixed. =)

If we come, we will come with our 7 seated Multivan. Not sure yet if we'd come with 2 or 4 persons, so there should be 3-5 seats available for the trip to Munich.

Tube out? Is that a particular subway station with special history/meaning?

I think she means she wants to see the tube, out in Munich. :look: Alternatively it's like rocking or freaking out. "Hey dude, I'm totally tubing out right now."

Sorry... I have slightly confusing speech patterns don't I?

I would love to see the underground system in Munich, from what I gather on the internet, the stations are very impressive archetcturally and artisticly. :blush: